By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:
Galaki said:
Mr Khan said:

Eelektrik learns the following moves at the levels specified:

How the hell can it learn Discharge when Tynamo doesn't evolve into Elektrik until 39? Am i just screwed and won't see another worthwhile move until 44?

What I did with mine was to give it an EXP Egg until it evolved.

Might not be a bad idea. That, Audino training, and the one rare candy i have could make this quicker.

So does it learn Discharge when it evolves, or does that attack ever appear?

That moveset is the base moveset for that pokemon, if you would caught him at level 1 on the wild. Since that can only be done via hacking, the only way to get those moves that are before the evolution level, is to use Heart Scales to make them re-learn that move.

I wouldn't worry much with Skyla, since you've already have Rollout (I would prefer to use Rock Tomb or Rock Slide, but that's just me), and after you defeated Skyla, you'll earn the Surf HM from which you can explore Routes 17, 18 and the P2 Laboratory and gain the Thunderbolt TM so you can have a worthwhile Electric move for your Tynamo/Eelektrik before level 44 (I'm not fond of Volt Switch that much, I'd rather use Wild Charge as a offensive physical electric move).

My Krokorok does still have Rock Tomb from back against Elesa and her Emolga, though i suppose what i said first would work: Pignite and Rollout against Unfezant (though hedging against Pignite's flying weakness...), Krokorok's dark against Sigilyph, and then Tynamo against the double-weak Swanna

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I have to admit that Okamiden has taken over my life right now, but when the game is as great as that... I feel less guilty about missing Pokemon.

Mr Khan said:
lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:
Galaki said:
Mr Khan said:

Eelektrik learns the following moves at the levels specified:

How the hell can it learn Discharge when Tynamo doesn't evolve into Elektrik until 39? Am i just screwed and won't see another worthwhile move until 44?

What I did with mine was to give it an EXP Egg until it evolved.

Might not be a bad idea. That, Audino training, and the one rare candy i have could make this quicker.

So does it learn Discharge when it evolves, or does that attack ever appear?

That moveset is the base moveset for that pokemon, if you would caught him at level 1 on the wild. Since that can only be done via hacking, the only way to get those moves that are before the evolution level, is to use Heart Scales to make them re-learn that move.

I wouldn't worry much with Skyla, since you've already have Rollout (I would prefer to use Rock Tomb or Rock Slide, but that's just me), and after you defeated Skyla, you'll earn the Surf HM from which you can explore Routes 17, 18 and the P2 Laboratory and gain the Thunderbolt TM so you can have a worthwhile Electric move for your Tynamo/Eelektrik before level 44 (I'm not fond of Volt Switch that much, I'd rather use Wild Charge as a offensive physical electric move).

My Krokorok does still have Rock Tomb from back against Elesa and her Emolga, though i suppose what i said first would work: Pignite and Rollout against Unfezant (though hedging against Pignite's flying weakness...), Krokorok's dark against Sigilyph, and then Tynamo against the double-weak Swanna

Her Unfezant is stronger than it looks given that the AI's Air Slash moves seem to tend to do criticals most of the times >_<. 

Also, Skyla doesn't use Sigilyph, she uses Swoobat which has  an amazing speed stat. Be mindful of it using Acrobatics on your Krokorok.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Huh, raising Tynamo isn't that hard. Lucky Egg and two levels of Audino training plus running through most of Route 7 and Celestial Tower got it to 36. The rest of route 7, my Rare Candy, and the gym itself should put me over the top, and it turns out i do have a Heart Scale, so i can get shacked up with Discharge

Though all this extra exp i'm getting means i'll probably steamroll that gym anyway...

Smeags said:

I have to admit that Okamiden has taken over my life right now, but when the game is as great as that... I feel less guilty about missing Pokemon.

And i thinking i was alone. :p

Anyway, i've finished my Pokemon White, and i'm EV training my team (i tried the RNG abuse, but screw that, i suck at that), but i have one question. How long will take untill we have access to the Dream World? I want one Poison Heal Gliscor. :/

Around the Network
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Smeags said:

Anyway, i've finished my Pokemon White, and i'm EV training my team (i tried the RNG abuse, but screw that, i suck at that), but i have one question. How long will take untill we have access to the Dream World? I want one Poison Heal Gliscor. :/

I want to say May

So, there was a delay, and since then we don't have any information about it? Oh well.

lurkerwithnosoul said:
Smeags said:

On the official pokemon global link site, the current release date for the Dream World is still TBA. There was a brief date added there a couple of days ago (as Serebii.net witnessed), which had put it as April 13th, but it has been removed since then.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

If i trade my pokemon and then trade it back, will it still gain 2x XP or that bonus is nullified as soon as it finds out i am the original owner?

Galaki said:

If i trade my pokemon and then trade it back, will it still gain 2x XP or that bonus is nullified as soon as it finds out i am the original owner?

I would think so. That's how it works with Alakazam or Machamp, right?