By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

Carl2291 said:

I just realised too, that while fighting a Psychic type that I need a Dark type in my group. The Dark type I was planning on getting I can't get until Victory Road... 

Is it worth catching one and training it now, or just waiting for Deino?

you should also take into account that Deino is not really that good until its final evolution- and it will take forever to get him there

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

I just realised too, that while fighting a Psychic type that I need a Dark type in my group. The Dark type I was planning on getting I can't get until Victory Road... 

Is it worth catching one and training it now, or just waiting for Deino?

Deino is not even worth training for the main game, given that it's pretty useless until it hits Hydreigon at level 64. You'll only use it in the post game.

Krookodile is, in my personal opinion, the best in-game Dark type you can catch and use before the Elite Four (that's without counting event pokemon, in that case, Zoroark is definetily the Dark Sweeper of choice). 

Once you finish the main game, then you can focus on Deino. Trust me, you'll have a lot of work to get it to Hydreigon, but it will be worth it in the end.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Mr Khan said:
lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:

Is Liepard really all that bad? Mine seems to be performing rather well atm, though Assist will get less reliable when my team grows, and if i keep it on i'll have to get an Ice type instead of Haxorus to keep all the bases covered

Probably should ditch it just for balance purposes (Emboar, Elektross, Swanna, Simisage, Haxorus, and Krookodile is a lot more balanced than if Haxorus and Elektross were replaced completely by Cryogonal only to make room for another Dark type, regardless of how strong or weak that dark type is)...

Liepard is probably the weakest Dark type, overall, in the games. Krookodile, Zoroark, Scragy, all perform far better than Liepard performs. 

And trust me, you do not want to pass on Haxorus, especially a Brave or Adamant nature one. The amount of Attack that it gets is completely insane. I went through the 7th and 8th gym using only Fraxure (on Pokemon Black) . That's how powerful it gets.

I get attached to these things, stupid as it may sound. Something hand-raised from a low-level holds more sentimental value than one caught at a higher value, though that feeling will pass

The fact that Krookodile learns a much better moveset (Crunch is the consummate Dark attack, then Foul Play and fricking Outrage) Haxorus being as strong as it is, and Elektross lacking any weakness seals the deal

I know that feeling, that's why I trained all of my current team from their egg

Of course, some of them felt like filling to me in the early game. Purrloin and Pansear were close to useless to me, thus they began to fall below in level terms and they were easily replaced. On the other hand, it was really hard to let go of Samurott, Zoroark, Victiny, Sawk, Archeops and Vanilluxe, all of them which I had carefully trained to get me through the main game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

All the EV, IV, DV and WTFV are way too complicated.

So I got a freshly hatched Axew up for trade. I'm looking for a Larvesta or Volcarona for it. I dont know if thats a rip off (probably is) but it's what I want/need.

Around the Network
LOVEoo said:

So I got a freshly hatched Axew up for trade. I'm looking for a Larvesta or Volcarona for it. I dont know if thats a rip off (probably is) but it's what I want/need.

Since you got Axew, you can get a Larvesta as well, because you already got Surf.

To get one, you'll need to go to Route 1, and surf west in the river there. You'll reach a patch of land which you can follow to route 17. If you continue along route 17, you'll reach route 18 and in there will be an island with a house. Inside the house, a pokemon ranger will give you a Larvesta egg. Make sure you got a free slot in your team to take it.

Current PC Build

Okay so... I'm gonna start training up a Krookodile then.

It's only gonna be used until I beat the Elite 4/Champion. Then I'm gonna start going for my big team

Galaki said:

It's only complicated when you learn about it the first time. The only true hard thing to control are IV's, other than that, it's pretty manageable.

Even then, with good breeding, you can get very good IV's rather fast.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Galaki said:

It's only complicated when you learn about it the first time. The only true hard thing to control are IV's, other than that, it's pretty manageable.

NO! You can't make me learn math! I just want to beat up preschoolers.

Galaki said:
lestatdark said:
Galaki said:

NO! You can't make me learn math! I just want to beat up preschoolers.

Who doesn't?

Current PC Build