By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for Wii Petition.

tombi123 said:
cant wait until I can play this on my PS3.

I would prefer a new RE game for the Wii so that it is top quality rather than a half-arsed port. I'm pretty sure RE6 will be PS3/360/Wii.

What makes you think it would be a half-assed port? Capcom has shown they can make great ports of their games, even if they have to downgrade.

I'm not saying the game will come to the Wii, just that there is no real basis for the port being shoddy. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

@Lord

well there is just a temptation to make a half-arsed port for very little cost which would still sell loads. I would prefer a completely new game which is definitely going to be top quality.

tombi123 said:
@Smash_Brother

To be fair to Capcom they have said this was PS3/360 since forever.
 True, but it makes me wonder why they didn't port RE4 to the PS360 as well. It would have made sense to warm up the fanbase a little. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Words Of Wisdom said:
Why is everyone attacking Girl Gamer Elite simply because she'd rather not have to pay about $1000 or more to get all the consoles in order to enjoy all the good games this generation (and would like RE5 to be on the Wii)?

I'm not attacking her because she doesn't want to pay money to get everything, I'm attacking her because she thinks anyone who didn't make the same console choice as her has no right to play the game.  In fact, she doesn't think the 360 and PS3 have any rights to good games based on her posts above. That sickens me.

Smash_Brother said:
The stupid part of it is that Capcom just released two RE games on the Wii and now the 3rd one is going to NOT be on the Wii. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I don't expect them to suddenly start releasing Gears of War games on the Wii or the next Uncharted. Forcing your fanbase to buy multiple consoles to buy your games is pretty much the worst thing you can do to them.

No, the stupid part is that people continue to argue this and think internet petitions work. This thread alone proves they don't since multiple have already said they signed more than once.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Why is everyone attacking Girl Gamer Elite simply because she'd rather not have to pay about $1000 or more to get all the consoles in order to enjoy all the good games this generation (and would like RE5 to be on the Wii)?

I'm not attacking her because she doesn't want to pay money to get everything, I'm attacking her because she thinks anyone who didn't make the same console choice as her has no right to play the game. In fact, she doesn't think the 360 and PS3 have any rights to good games based on her posts above. That sickens me.

I think she may have come across that way, but it's probably not exactly how she meant to.

Gamer Girl Elite said:

I also never said no one has the right to play these games, just that it should at least be on the Wii.

Either way, perhaps now is a good time to step back and cool off (for everyone).  This could be a just be a misunderstanding.  Even if it's not, she is entitled to her opinion as are you and I. 

Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

I'm not attacking her because she doesn't want to pay money to get everything, I'm attacking her because she thinks anyone who didn't make the same console choice as her has no right to play the game. In fact, she doesn't think the 360 and PS3 have any rights to good games based on her posts above. That sickens me.

I think she may have come across that way, but it's probably not exactly how she meant to.

I just think she just comes as more of a nut myself that thinks the 360/PS3 just aren't good enough (the Diet Coke of gaming-- just not enough) rather than the people have no right to play the game...

Girl Gamer Elite said:
RE5 deserves to be on a system as great as the Wii, it will be a waste on the others.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Yes, it is isn't it? Sorry, some people don't want to make $400-$600 dollar investments in a console with either no future (PS3) or no Eastern Market and a 30-100% failure rate (360).

Remember when we valued integrity, quality, innovation, companies that were solely invested in gaming and not money hungry conglomerates seeking to use video games as a throw away stepping stone to expanding their media markets.

There is no integrity in supporting all three consoles this generation, the solution is not that easy. This is the generation where you take a stand in what direction you want gaming to go. The Wii has earned Capcom its record earnings this year with its games and Resident Evil titles, the least Capcom could do is return that favor and make even more money in doing so.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
The bottom line is, if the Wii can't have RE5, the 360 and PS3 certainly shouldn't. This is the Wii's generation, the 360 and PS3 are for lapsed gamers I'm sorry and I'm not investing in either because of their companies uncertain comitment to gaming.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Why should two runner-up systems get the top games while the Wii only gets the scraps, the Wii has the sales, it has the userbase, it has the proven Resident Evil franchise. I see you've jumped to some rather stark conclusions here, but to be honest, Resident Evil is Nintendo's earned franchise now.

I'm sorry you're one of those who have to sacrifice their integrity and standards by supporting all the consoles just so you can play all the games this generation. I respect your decision, but don't act like you've made the only smart one, you just took the easiest path. Either you don't have the courage to take a stand for what you want gaming to be or you're complacent enough to accept any of the three consoles' philosophy of gaming.

twesterm said: No, the stupid part is that people continue to argue this and think internet petitions work. This thread alone proves they don't since multiple have already said they signed more than once.

I'm not even arguing that petitions don't work.

I'm arguing that releasing two games onto a console and then releasing another one in the same series on a different console is idiocy and is a great way to divide your userbase.

There are a lot of Wii owners who bought RE4, RE:UC and no doubt would have bought RE5 but won't because it's on a console which requires a minimum of another $400 investment to acquire.

Not that I'm surprised, mind you: Capcom is no stranger to idiocy (like its rampant PSP support while the DS is crushing it in sales).

It's just idiotic for devs to divide their franchise fanbase between multiple consoles. Pick one and stick with it.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

tombi123 said:
@Lord

well there is just a temptation to make a half-arsed port for very little cost which would still sell loads. I would prefer a completely new game which is definitely going to be top quality.

I don't think you realize almost no port costs a lot of money in the first place. Aside from being done after the fact, a port is the same principle as a multiplatform game. Multiplatform games are known to cost a mere ten to fifteen percent of the original game. Until someone tells us otherwise, we can assume ports cost about that much, since everything is already done, aside from coding on the new system.

Basically, the ports of RE4 cost a fraction of what RE4 did at first, and those are still considered quality ports (aside from the PC version, but that wasn't done by Capcom). They aren't perfect, but cutting a few corners is not half-assing it. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Smash_Brother said:
twesterm said: No, the stupid part is that people continue to argue this and think internet petitions work. This thread alone proves they don't since multiple have already said they signed more than once.

I'm not even arguing that petitions don't work.

I'm arguing that releasing two games onto a console and then releasing another one in the same series on a different console is idiocy and is a great way to divide your userbase.

There are a lot of Wii owners who bought RE4, RE:UC and no doubt would have bought RE5 but won't because it's on a console which requires a minimum of another $400 investment to acquire.

Not that I'm surprised, mind you: Capcom is no stranger to idiocy (like its rampant PSP support while the DS is crushing it in sales).

It's just idiotic for devs to divide their franchise fanbase between multiple consoles. Pick one and stick with it.

First of all, there have been internet petitions that worked. Elder Scrolls IV was ported to Japan, thanks to a petition, and Bioshock got a collector's edition due to one, although those were western developers, to Capcom remains to be seen here.

Second, I do think that if RE5 gets a port on the Wii (likely from sales of the current Wii RE games), Capcom may as well port RE4 to the 360, just so fans can experience that game.

Third, Capcom does support the DS. The Ace Attorney series has been a Nintendo handheld exclusive from the beginning. It's what people will buy that determines their support. Resident Evil DS did only moderately well, while Monster Hunter 1 & 2 are the two million-selling PSP games in Japan, so they do have reason to support the PSP as well.