By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Myer-Briggs personality Test. What's your personality type?

The current Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Instrument is the most widely used instrument for understanding normal personality differences. Because it explains basic patterns in human functioning, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Instrument is used for a wide variety of purposes including the following:

• Self-understanding and developments
  • Career development and exploration
  • Organization development
  • Team building
  • Management and leadership training
  • Problem solving
  • Relationship counseling
  • Education and curriculum development
  • Academic counseling
  • Diversity and multicultural training

First take the test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp It's very important that you answer the questions as honestly as possible. This is based on 50 years of research and it's pretty accurate in describing personalities.

After the test, post your results. Use the table below to read about your personality. I'll make a table and add your names to what group you belong. This should be interesting. I have a hunch we're going to have a lot of (I) groups.

ISTJ
Planner Inspector

ISFJ
Protector Supporter

INFJ
Foreseer Developer

INTJ
Conceptualizer Director

ISTP
Analyzer Operator

ISFP
Composer Producer

INFP
Harmonizer Clarifier

INTP
Designer Theorizer

ESTP
Promoter Executor

ESFP
Motivator Presenter

ENFP
Discoverer Advocate

ENTP
Explorer Inventor

ESTJ
Implementor Supervisor

ESFJ
Facilitator Caretaker

ENFJ
Envisioner Mentor

ENTJ
Strategist Mobilizer

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Here are my results: I am an ISTJ

Your Type is
ISTJ

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
33 50 88 1

You are:

• moderately expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed sensing personality
  • very expressed thinking personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality

Education

The ISTJ is often a good student. In classes such as science and math they tend to excel due to their factual nature. More abstract classes tend to frustrate the ISTJ but they try to do what "should" be done. In summation the ISTJ student will usually try to do what the instructor asks because that is what should be done.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

You are:

• very expressed introvert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality

Many of those questions are repeated. It asks "do you like social situations" about 10 times.

These tests don't do anything, of course. Except tell me I'm an extreme introvert - which I already know and is due to my AS.

Soleron said:

You are:

• very expressed introvert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality

Many of those questions are repeated. It asks "do you like social situations" about 10 times.

These tests don't do anything, of course. Except tell me I'm an extreme introvert - which I already know and is due to my AS.

Blah! You forgot the most important part, your type! ISTP, ENFP, etc. You need to compare that to the table in the OP and it gives you a description of your personality!

@ bolded

I'll just say you have no idea how useful this information is in the educational field.

INFP

You are:

• - slightly expressed introvert

• - distinctively expressed intuitive personality

• - moderately expressed feeling personality

• - slightly expressed perceiving personality

Yay Same as Princess Diana!
Famous INFPs
Albert Schweitzer
Princess Diana
Richard Gere
Audrey Hepburn
George Orwell
Mia Farrow
Isabel Myers
Aldous Huxley
Karen Armstrong

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@Darth

Harmonizer Clarifier: INFP

Relationship

The INFP often lets others get the best of them. The INFP doesn’t believe in ‘rocking the boat’ and that can frustrate friends who wait for the INFP to take action. There is almost nothing the INFP will do in order to avoid conflict.

In a love relationship the INFP feels more than they express. This is a double-edged sword because they never fully explain what bothers them and therefore never really solve a problem. They live by a code that calls for harmony but are often caught in between the desired harmony and the inability to express their frustrations.

If the family is jovial and getting along the INFP is extremely happy but the second things get unpleasant the INFP is out the door.

Education

The INFP will ask, "who am I?" and want a real answer. They work hard and school is a simple operation of applying the hard work, but the question of self is their ultimate question and drives their educational desires.

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
44 1 62 1
Looks like i'm an ISTJ aswell.

@ Berstuck

I expect a lot of them ^^

hatmoza said:
@Darth Harmonizer Clarifier: INFP Relationship

The INFP often lets others get the best of them. The INFP doesn’t believe in ‘rocking the boat’ and that can frustrate friends who wait for the INFP to take action. There is almost nothing the INFP will do in order to avoid conflict.

In a love relationship the INFP feels more than they express. This is a double-edged sword because they never fully explain what bothers them and therefore never really solve a problem. They live by a code that calls for harmony but are often caught in between the desired harmony and the inability to express their frustrations.

If the family is jovial and getting along the INFP is extremely happy but the second things get unpleasant the INFP is out the door.

Education

The INFP will ask, "who am I?" and want a real answer. They work hard and school is a simple operation of applying the hard work, but the question of self is their ultimate question and drives their educational desires.

This is....this is surprisingly accurate!

Especially the bolded!!!!!

Good thread!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Like back then.. I still don't belong here.... :(
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=36251&page=2

ENFP

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
78 25 62 44

You introverted people! >:(

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)