By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

lestatdark said:
ethomaz said:
lestatdark said:

Enviroments do seem a bit better on Shift, but car models and especially the interiors are far more detailed and closer to their RL counterpart in GT5.

By the figures posted before enviroments is better on GT5 (see the figures in full screen).

I think that both are a bit close in that department, though the images in Shift do seem to have an excessive amount of blur (in full screen) which tends to hide details as well. 

To be honest, I really don't care about enviroments that much in simulators like GT, Forza, iRacing and so on. As long as the track depicts an accurate layout (especially when it's a RL track, like Monza or Nurburgring), that's good enough for me. If the cars are well modeled, both in the presentation and physics department, that's what really important to me.

damage control. lol

Around the Network

i havent even played with a standard car and im not planning to but they do look awful if thats how they look. as for environments.. i dont really look out for them much, but i do know some do look reaaallly good, others.. not as good.

Aldro said:

Oh my ..

Here are some GT5 pics :(

Right click -> view image

This is awful :(

You're a bit late. A number of the crappier images flying around the net appear to have been captured at standard definition or using poor capture equipment, or show compression artifacts. The 3rd shot for instance is likely an SD shot upscaled as the image res (of the original pic) is 1.7x that of 720x480 rather then proper 720 or 1080p.

oldschoolfool said:
lestatdark said:
ethomaz said:
lestatdark said:

Enviroments do seem a bit better on Shift, but car models and especially the interiors are far more detailed and closer to their RL counterpart in GT5.

By the figures posted before enviroments is better on GT5 (see the figures in full screen).

I think that both are a bit close in that department, though the images in Shift do seem to have an excessive amount of blur (in full screen) which tends to hide details as well. 

To be honest, I really don't care about enviroments that much in simulators like GT, Forza, iRacing and so on. As long as the track depicts an accurate layout (especially when it's a RL track, like Monza or Nurburgring), that's good enough for me. If the cars are well modeled, both in the presentation and physics department, that's what really important to me.

damage control. lol

Erm, why is my post damage control? I never cared for graphics in a game more than the gameplay part of it. In racing sims, physics is the major part of the gameplay. 

Really, throwing around such a generic and belittling comment such as that is uncalled for.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Only 1 track in the game disappointed me and that is Mountain trials.

The rest are fine and looks fantastic.

Premium cars are phenomenal, I don't think any racing game on console has  cars looking as detailed as the premium cars in GT5.

Around the Network
libellule said:

About leveling :

Is it me or it is TOO fast ? I m already level 12

I played close to nothing on Aspec, didnt play bspec
and only finished the B lisense (gold) and played half of the kart/nascar/topgear stage

that is not a lot to my eyes and alrady level 20 !

You level very fast in the special races like Kart/Nascar. I think this is by design so people have the option to level pretty fast if they want to.

Don't forget Shift is on PC as well. Shift doesn't look that hot on console.

Boring and funny.

Anybody else been drifting? Its so fun, especially in an AE86. First thing that popped up in the used car dealership. 86,000 miles lol. Good deal?

It was obvious that this was going to happen - even on this site, people were declaring it the undoubted GOTY and were wondering how any other game could top it. People should learn to not set their expectations quite so high :s

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~