By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

libellule said:
ethomaz said:
libellule said:
Aldro said:

I love the game but can someone explain where the damage is? When I go into online or arcade I can damage it a bit but by far not from what I've seen.

Where are the sparks and mechanical damage? I heard it'll be unlocked but how so? Will it tell you: DUDE YOU UNLOCKED THIS, GJ MAYNE!

Just a tad confused, thanks for help!

ok, so, you can damage your car but do not expect anything "big", sorry. Except, perhaps, if force yourself in every wall.

also, for the mechanical damage, they are absent or so minor that u do not see them.
also,
from gameinformer :

As much as this game has nailed its overall vision, it's a franchise that needs to stretch out its horizons a little bit. This has been the case in the past, and GT 5's attempts to do this are uneven. Car damage has been requested for years, and now that it’s in there, I find the way it’s presented strange. You unlock it later in the game, and up until that point the damage is cosmetic and slight. Frankly, however, its absence in the beginning of the game only meant that by the time it started to matter, I was past worrying about when it would show up. I suggest you keep some money handy, because rebuilding your chassis isn’t cheap. Or better yet – don’t crumple your car in the first place.

also, I saw somewhere that sony saied damage will be implemented later in the game (!) 

No. Sony said damage will be unlock in game progress (lvl 20)... and new damage fetures will be implemented later.

And the new patche coming Dec 1st  for unlock damage feture in Arcade Mode like the others modes... and a lot of others things.

one of my first race was with Ferrari F40 on arcade AND I already saw damage ... so ?

It's limited.

Reach lvl 20 on others modes or wait the pacth for full damage on Arcade mode.

Around the Network

Gamereactor are bashing the hell out of GT5. For instance, they are making comparisons between Forza 3 & GT5. Where GT5 won by "a hair straw" WTF...

Now they did one on GT5 vs Shift.

And on top of that, they're writing in a way like =
"We put EA's Semi-simulator against Sony's eternity project"

Why not just say a simulator? They must really hate it.

And some people send questions for them to answer and one of them said :
"What good simulators are there on PS3?"

and the answer from the reviewer who gave it a 7 said :
"Need for Speed Shift is better than GT5." and more yada yada yada.

Everyone else is claiming its the best simulator so what the fuck :( evil bitchez.

A second opinion on the review on GR was 5/10. 5!!!! Now seriously, this game IS NOT BAD. Infact, its very darn good. BUT 5?!

Aldro said:

Gamereactor are bashing the hell out of GT5. For instance, they are making comparisons between Forza 3 & GT5. Where GT5 won by "a hair straw" WTF...

Everyone else is claiming its the best simulator so what the fuck.

I've got nothing against the opinion of Gamereactor, but to call Need for Speed Shift a simulator, I think they better redefine what a simulator means for them.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Aldro said:

I've got nothing against the opinion of Gamereactor, but to call Need for Speed Shift a simulator, I think they better redefine what a simulator means for them.

so what the fuck :( evil bitchez.

A second opinion on the review on GR was 5/10. 5!!!! Now seriously, this game IS NOT BAD. Infact, its very darn good. BUT 5?!

They are basically claiming GT5 of being the worst.. racing game ever. Really?.. jesus.

Aldro said:

Everyone else is claiming its the best simulator so what the fuck :( evil bitchez.

So funny.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Aldro said:

So funny.

Worst part is, my friend hangs there 24/7 and he kinda is the Forza dude and im the GT dude.

He's coming over here on Saturday and I know whats going to happen.

First off, complains about the environments. Then he's just gonna pick standard cars and say they are so terrible. Then hes gonna sing a song that represents how Forza got better meta then GT5. God have mercy. Give me 2011 lol.

Aldro said:
lestatdark said:
Aldro said:

They are basically claiming GT5 of being the worst.. racing game ever. Really?.. jesus.

Well, if by their definition, a simulator should equal to arcade racing in all of it's aspects, then that should explain why they scored GT5 that way.

It's a crappy standard with some very invalid evaluation parameters though, since that means that GT5 would never do well in their eyes, because it's the very antithesis of arcade racers.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Aldro said:
lestatdark said:
Aldro said:

Well, if by their definition, a simulator should equal to arcade racing in all of it's aspects, then that should explain why they scored GT5 that way.

It's a crappy standard with some very invalid evaluation parameters though, since that means that GT5 would never do well in their eyes, because it's the very antithesis of arcade racers.

The guy says you can become better at driving in real if you play Forza 3 :(

Me no likes the xbox success.

lestatdark said:
Aldro said:

some people never really liked simulator racing game and always preferred arcade racer

those people are the ones hating GT5 right now

Time to Work !

Aldro said:
lestatdark said:
Aldro said:
lestatdark said:
Aldro said:

The guy says you can become better at driving in real if you play Forza 3 :(

Me no likes the xbox success.

Well, I enjoyed Forza 3 a lot, I almost completed it 100%, but GT5 is the better simulation experience to me.

I'm eagerly awaiting what InsideSimsRacing is going to say about GT5. Those guys are the best, in terms of professionalism and know-how, when it comes to racing simulators, and usually their views are spot on with my views.

Current PC Build