By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

libellule said:
lestatdark said:
Aldro said:

Gamereactor are bashing the hell out of GT5. For instance, they are making comparisons between Forza 3 & GT5. Where GT5 won by "a hair straw" WTF...

Now they did one on GT5 vs Shift.

And on top of that, they're writing in a way like =
"We put EA's Semi-simulator against Sony's eternity project"

Why not just say a simulator? They must really hate it.

And some people send questions for them to answer and one of them said :
"What good simulators are there on PS3?"

and the answer from the reviewer who gave it a 7 said :
"Need for Speed Shift is better than GT5." and more yada yada yada.

Everyone else is claiming its the best simulator so what the fuck.

I've got nothing against the opinion of Gamereactor, but to call Need for Speed Shift a simulator, I think they better redefine what a simulator means for them.

some people never really liked simulator racing game and always preferred arcade racer

those people are the ones hating GT5 right now

Nothing wrong with that, I love both (Simulation far more than Arcade though), and I can play both NFS/Burnout and GT5/Forza/iRacing/GTR-2/Gran Prix Legends, knowing fully how to separate the genres and what to expect from each game.

The problem is, that kind of mentality is dissolving fast in the industry though. It's all becoming "Either you do it the way I like it, or it sucks".

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
libellule said:
lestatdark said:
Aldro said:

Gamereactor are bashing the hell out of GT5. For instance, they are making comparisons between Forza 3 & GT5. Where GT5 won by "a hair straw" WTF...

I've got nothing against the opinion of Gamereactor, but to call Need for Speed Shift a simulator, I think they better redefine what a simulator means for them.

some people never really liked simulator racing game and always preferred arcade racer

those people are the ones hating GT5 right now

But they gave forza an 8 and second opinion was 9 :(

Aldro said:
lestatdark said:
Aldro said:
lestatdark said:
Aldro said:

so what the fuck :( evil bitchez.

A second opinion on the review on GR was 5/10. 5!!!! Now seriously, this game IS NOT BAD. Infact, its very darn good. BUT 5?!

They are basically claiming GT5 of being the worst.. racing game ever. Really?.. jesus.

Well, if by their definition, a simulator should equal to arcade racing in all of it's aspects, then that should explain why they scored GT5 that way.

It's a crappy standard with some very invalid evaluation parameters though, since that means that GT5 would never do well in their eyes, because it's the very antithesis of arcade racers.

The guy says you can become better at driving in real if you play Forza 3 :(

Me no likes the xbox success.

The guy have a good wheel with force feedback???

Also! Shift is better looking than GT5 based on GRs screens :

(Right click -> view image)

Yes he used G27

Enviroments do seem a bit better on Shift, but car models and especially the interiors are far more detailed and closer to their RL counterpart in GT5.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

Enviroments do seem a bit better on Shift, but car models and especially the interiors are far more detailed and closer to their RL counterpart in GT5.

Fair enough

lestatdark said:

By the figures posted before enviroments is better on GT5 (see the figures in full screen).

Edit (second look) - Far better... asphalt, clouds... so better on GT5... just trees are crap.

ethomaz said:
lestatdark said:

By the figures posted before enviroments is better on GT5 (see the figures in full screen).

I think that both are a bit close in that department, though the images in Shift do seem to have an excessive amount of blur (in full screen) which tends to hide details as well. 

To be honest, I really don't care about enviroments that much in simulators like GT, Forza, iRacing and so on. As long as the track depicts an accurate layout (especially when it's a RL track, like Monza or Nurburgring), that's good enough for me. If the cars are well modeled, both in the presentation and physics department, that's what really important to me.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
ethomaz said:
lestatdark said:

I think that both are a bit close in that department, though the images in Shift do seem to have an excessive amount of blur (in full screen) which tends to hide details as well. 

To be honest, I really don't care about enviroments that much in simulators like GT, Forza, iRacing and so on. As long as the track depicts an accurate layout (especially when it's a RL track, like Monza or Nurburgring), that's good enough for me. If the cars are well modeled, both in the presentation and physics department, that's what really important to me.

Me too... simulated driving phisics is the most important for me.

Damage and others are just a plus.

Oh my ..

Here are some GT5 pics :(

Right click -> view image

This is awful :(