By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - North Korea fires artillery at a populated South Korean Island

An expected currency fluctuations followed by incident in the region.

Around the Network
mai said:

USA! USA! USA!

Ha, not really.  It's sad and scary times when the US dollar safe... considering where it is at this point... and that whole just about to do quantative easing thing.

I'd bet this all passes in a week or so.

Except maybe the EU thing... the Irish taking the EU's money but refusing to raise their corporate tax is an interesting one.

NiKKoM said:

While North Korea is crazy.. South Korea was dumb having military exercises in the area..

Why do you think this was exactly *dumb* move? They all know their game.

i hope no nuclear bombs will explode if there is a war. i don't want to see fallout in korea anytime soon...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

@Kasz216 Well, if anything US more interested in weak dollar rather than strong long-term. Hence recent debates  on yuan revaluation, it will support domestic exporters as well. But you're right I won't write off US as involved party here rigtht away, instead I'll hold my judgement until they say or do smth on that matter.

Around the Network
mai said:

@Kasz216 Well, if anything US more interested in weak dollar rather than strong long-term. Hence recent debates  on yuan revaluation, it will support domestic exporters as well. But you're right I won't write off US as interested party here rigtht away, instead I'll hold my judgement until they say or do smth on that matter.

Ha, I know, I'm just messing around.  It's 3:20 in the morning here.

Was half asleep when I heard the news and can't fall back asleep now.

We have no one else to blame but 1 person.

South Korea's president Lee fuckin Myung Bak.

The douchebag has no clue of what his role is.

The previous South Korean President, Roh Moo Hyun just barely managed to establish a half stable relationship between North and South during his 4 years. Kim Jong Ill liked President Roh a lot. In fact he liked Roh so much that he invited him a few times over to North Korea and gave him precious mushrooms as welcoming gifts, etc and they would talk about how to strengthen their relationships. It was a very small yet effective step forward for a reunification of North and South Korea. But after his Presidency had ended that retard Lee took over, he managed to pretty much break the hard built relationship in one go.

He despises the North and stated that he would take strong action against North Korea. Bullshit. He hasn't done jackshit but piss off the North.

Earlier this year a South Korean Ship sank for some unknown reason initially and although there was no proof, Lee completely placed the blame on North Korea and stated that they were the ones who launched torpedoes at their ship and therefore sunk. North got seriously pissed off by this and the Chinese defended North Korea by sending their own agents to investigate the cause and it was shown by them that it wasn't a North Korean torpedo attack. South Korea's Lee dragged this stupid accusation out for at least a month until the Chinese got involved and shut them up.

This 'incident' as a result pretty much occurred all thanks to the dickhead Lee and North Korea is pretty much saying, Don't fuck around with us.

Cross-X said:

The previous South Korean President, Roh Moo Hyun just barely managed to establish a half stable relationship between North and South during his 4 years. Kim Jong Ill liked President Roh a lot. In fact he liked Roh so much that he invited him a few times over to North Korea and gave him precious mushrooms as welcoming gifts, etc and they would talk about how to strengthen their relationships. It was a very small yet effective step forward for a reunification of North and South Korea. But after his Presidency had ended that retard Lee took over, he managed to pretty much break the hard built relationship in one go.

He despises the North and stated that he would take strong action against North Korea. Bullshit. He hasn't done jackshit but piss off the North.

Earlier this year a South Korean Ship sank for some unknown reason initially and although there was no proof, Lee completely placed the blame on North Korea and stated that they were the ones who launched torpedoes at their ship and therefore sunk. North got seriously pissed off by this and the Chinese defended North Korea by sending their own agents to investigate the cause and it was shown by them that it wasn't a North Korean torpedo attack. South Korea's Lee dragged this stupid accusation out for at least a month until the Chinese got involved and shut them up.

This 'incident' as a result pretty much occurred all thanks to the dickhead Lee and North Korea is pretty much saying, Don't fuck around with us.

You do realize that your own governments position is that North Korea sunk that ship right?

There was a joint US, UK, Austrlian and Sweden investigation that proved it WAS North Korea.

Between the two, i'd say China would have more to gain by lying.

I... can't even find a report of China saying they didn't do it however, so if you could link to that, that would be great.

Kasz216 said:
Cross-X said:

You do realize that your own governments position is that North Korea sunk that ship right?

Yes... Didn't I say that?

But the North didn't sink it and that is what makes Lee and his group of douchebags look like complete retards during that whole situation. And because of that the tension between North and South went to new heights when the entire thing could've been avoided, including this situation.

mai said:

Typical, 

Anyway first provoke with 70.000 troops and then be surprised they act back...