By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - North Korea fires artillery at a populated South Korean Island

Cross-X said:
Kasz216 said:
Cross-X said:
Kasz216 said:
Cross-X said:
Kasz216 said:
Cross-X said:

We have no one else to blame but 1 person.

South Korea's president Lee fuckin Myung Bak.

The douchebag has no clue of what his role is.

The previous South Korean President, Roh Moo Hyun just barely managed to establish a half stable relationship between North and South during his 4 years. Kim Jong Ill liked President Roh a lot. In fact he liked Roh so much that he invited him a few times over to North Korea and gave him precious mushrooms as welcoming gifts, etc and they would talk about how to strengthen their relationships. It was a very small yet effective step forward for a reunification of North and South Korea. But after his Presidency had ended that retard Lee took over, he managed to pretty much break the hard built relationship in one go.

He despises the North and stated that he would take strong action against North Korea. Bullshit. He hasn't done jackshit but piss off the North.

Earlier this year a South Korean Ship sank for some unknown reason initially and although there was no proof, Lee completely placed the blame on North Korea and stated that they were the ones who launched torpedoes at their ship and therefore sunk. North got seriously pissed off by this and the Chinese defended North Korea by sending their own agents to investigate the cause and it was shown by them that it wasn't a North Korean torpedo attack. South Korea's Lee dragged this stupid accusation out for at least a month until the Chinese got involved and shut them up.

This 'incident' as a result pretty much occurred all thanks to the dickhead Lee and North Korea is pretty much saying, Don't fuck around with us.

You do realize that your own governments position is that North Korea sunk that ship right?

Yes... Didn't I say that?

But the North didn't sink it and that is what makes Lee and his group of douchebags look like complete retards during that whole situation. And because of that the tension between North and South went to new heights when the entire thing could've been avoided, including this situation.

I saw no mention of Austrlia there.

Where is this "chinese proof".  Like I said, I want a link... I can't find anything on it... except all of the proof it was North Korean.

Afterall the investigation basically had stone cold proof.   The torpedo that hit matched the Korean Torepdo's they sell 100%.

Kaz I'm South Korean. That's why I know all all the things I mentioned in my first post.

Links:

http://newamericamedia.org/2010/05/did-an-american-mine-sink-the-south-korean-ship.php

http://coffee.windowstorussia.com/2010/07/north-korea-did-not-sink-the-south-korean-ship.html

That... sounds like conspiracy theory garbage quite honestly.  I'm sure they wished the stuff didn't survive the attack... but it did.

Sounds like the same kind of 9/11 was inside job garbage science.

Also, your articles don't even agree with each other on what happened.  One says american mine, the other says it just hit the ground.

That second link is a wrong link. I had it open but it wasn't the link I was supposed to provide.

Here: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/23/world/la-fg-korea-torpedo-20100724

This link still contradicts your first link.

Again, it's blaming a reef and not a Mine....

saying any explosion attack is impossible because the sailors drowned.

Ignoring the fact that such a thing is completely consistant with bubblejet torpedos.

If that's the "proof" you are going with... I'd point out that sailors drowning is completely consistant with bubblejet torpedos.

Around the Network

The point is also that ever since the Chinese revealed that North Korea wasn't involved, South Korea became silent about the situation until the report was released.

And yes I do realise that the two links contradict for different conclusions but the South Koreans believed the Second Article's link rather than the Chinese investigation.

Also whether the Chinese are right about a US Mine sinking the Ship isn't the point or whether it was the fuckin reef's fault. Point is the North Korean didn't sink the ship.

Joelcool7 said:

Its all nice to talk about invading North Korea but as users have pointed out China and even somewhat Russia have ties to North Korea. You would need their support in order to avoid a possible world war. Also North Korea has 3,500,000 soldiers in their army. While poorly equiped that is more then enough brute force to invade and conquer South Korea. Also remember North Korea has thousands of artillery and long range weapons aimed at Seoul and could flatten most major cities over night.

Winning such a war would probubly require the US and even Nato to conscript the majority of their citizens into the army. Losses of millions of lives are probable. Unlike Afghanistan a war in Korea could destabalize the whole earth. While the US and Nato are invading and dealing with North Korea other rogue states like Iran could take advantage of the US being weak and launch operations against Israel and Saudi Arabia and other US allies. A war of this size would change the political and military landscape for years.

If a war started without China supporting the US. I think the US and Nato would have to surrender Seoul. Sure they could bombard the north for months on end from air craft carriers. But the North with its huge army would over run the South in days. Any defences the south has would be flattened by long range weapons.

I think the real action that Nato should take and probubly will is putting pressure on China to raise sanctions higher. Maybe cause China to blockade North Korea to a degree. If the North threatens China's relationships with the rest of the world China might allow the impossition of more sanctions. But in all honesty we have already sanctioned the hell out of North Korea and they don't seem to be stopping.

But if China imposed sanctions on the North we might see over the next decade changes gradually from North Korea. Also once Kim is dead his successor might thaw relations. Here's hoping a return to war in Korea does not occur.

This post makes several large errors of fact.  The North Korean Army has closer to one million soldiers rather than 3.5.  Even that number is misleading, as most of them are poorly trained, and all of them are under-equipped.  You're right in saying that enormous damage could be done to Seoul by artillery, but wrong in claiming that all of South Korea's cities would be flattened.

Also, any attack by North Korea would be suicide.  Contrary to what you say, the American and South Korean militaries are fully capable, right now, of annihilating what would be left of the North Korean military right after the initial assault.  It would be carnage.  It would not be the goal in that case of the US military to occupy North Korea.  It would simply be a (very fast) air and naval war, that the USA would win convincingly.

The only reason this would all happen is if the North launched a significant aggressive action against the south.  In that case, it would be extremely difficult even for China to ignore the fact that a military response is necessary.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Cross-X said:

The point is also that ever since the Chinese revealed that North Korea wasn't involved, South Korea became silent about the situation until the report was released.

Also whether the Chinese are right about a US Mine sinking the Ship isn't the point. Point is the North Korean didn't sink the ship.

Again, i've yet to see where they "reveal they weren't involved".

You've literally provided no proof.

The attempts at trying to disprove it have actually greatly contradicted each other.

The "struck a reef" arguement holds no weight.

There was no proof of an american mine...

They found a Korean Torpedo.

Cross-X said:

And yes I do realise that the two links contradict for different conclusions but the South Koreans believed the Second Article's link rather than the Chinese investigation.

Also whether the Chinese are right about a US Mine sinking the Ship isn't the point or whether it was the fuckin reef's fault. Point is the North Korean didn't sink the ship.

You seriously believe this?

Around the Network

Heck, even North Korea believes the sub was hit by a torpedo!

They just want to offer a different torpedo to try and prove it wasn't theirs.

Ignoring the fact that we already have north korean torpedos.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/149355.html

Kasz216 said:
Cross-X said:

Also whether the Chinese are right about a US Mine sinking the Ship isn't the point. Point is the North Korean didn't sink the ship.

The attempts at trying to disprove it have actually greatly contradicted each other.

What reason does North Korea have then for firing a Torpedo at a South Korean ship? What makes that so believable?

Krzyzowiec said:
Cross-X said:

You seriously believe this?

I don't believe the second article about the reef.

But I'm far more inclined to believe the Chinese Investigation stuff and that North Korea didn't sink it

Cross-X said:
Kasz216 said:
Cross-X said:

What reason does North Korea have then for firing a Torpedo at a South Korean ship? What makes that so believable?

Yeah, it's not like North Korea would ever attack South Korea.  I don't know what could ever give me the idea that they would... oh wait, the fact that they have before... and have after.... what with that being what this thread is about.  North Korea having just attacked south Korea.

Even NORTH KOREA admits it was a torpedo attack.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/149355.html

So if not North Korea... who did sink their ship with a torpedo that everyone INCLUDING NORTH KOREA believes was fired? 

@starcraft Seems like someone vastly underestimate DPRK military.

//Oh, why all these talks about whose torpedeo sink Chonan? It's not important, goddamn. Realistically we may all agree that both Koreas are among less interested in potential war.