By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ONM issue 63 Review Scores in (includes Epic Mickey, DKCR and Golden Sun)!

What did they say about the Rabbids????
Is it just because it went back to party genre?

Around the Network

Petz Superstar, w00t!! I've been waiting for that glorious game, finally it's out!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

/cancels preorder for Petz Superstar

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

morenoingrato said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
morenoingrato said:

Epic Mickey Score, I was kinda expecting something huge on this one.

I can tell you why and why 85 shouldn't deter you if you're a Mickey fan.

Essentially the game is all about style, nostalgia, and choice.  Platforming is actually a little slower paced and not in the forefront as a platformer fan like myself enjoys, but really it's completely unique, and deserves its own fanbase, the only real glaring issue is the camera can get in the way from time to time when you are jumping around, otherwise it's really solid, painting is essentially good karma and thiner bad, you get different paths, have to fight enemies/bosses differently, and the game itself can be harder depending on which good or bad route you pick.

Overall a solid recontamination just don't go in expecting it to be Super Mario Galaxy and you'll be fine.   

Well, I did was xpecting some pretty unique concepts and mechanics.

I mean, when I look at all the footage, all the interviews and all the media coverage, it looked pretty clear that tons of efford and resources where put in this project, I really wanted the game to have something that many 3D platformers (galaxys included) didn't give me.

As a young gamer, I really can't say much about nostalgia, I grew with modern Disney.

The choice feature looked really cool, and I was really expecting some groundbreaking stuff with the paintbrush, but I'm wrong about the paintbrush, am I?

Um really the paintbrush mechanics are interesting, lots of the platforming is affected by what you paint and thin, I'd say you might want to try it out for yourself, I'm really middle of the road on that one personally, it's a nice mechanic but I wasn't blown away, it does more in non platforming events, but that could change I've only beaten the first boss so I'm still early in the game (which btw took me a while to get to so I feel it will at least be a long endeavorer)

@games4fun

Yeah there's a lot of platforming goodness to be had, Sonic 4, Sonic Colors, DKCR, Epic Yarn, and now Epic Mickey. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

GOLDEN SUN DD WITH A 92!!!!! JIZZ IN MY PANTS!!!

Around the Network

some numbers there although reading a review is always more helpful than a number.  I was just reading reviews that were in the 70s and 60s yet seemed like I'd still enjoy the game, but it's always nice when a game I like gets a nice score as well.

hi there, how did they rate the graphics on epic mickey?  did they say anything about the mickey sprite itself?  I find that the Mario character spite in Mario Galaxy  is "fuzzy"/"jaggy" even when using component cables. Epic mickey previews claim the graphics are great for wii?  Also, how did they rate the new Donkey Kong game visuals?

Thanks.

nice

imajicaman said:

hi there, how did they rate the graphics on epic mickey?  did they say anything about the mickey sprite itself?  I find that the Mario character spite in Mario Galaxy  is "fuzzy"/"jaggy" even when using component cables. Epic mickey previews claim the graphics are great for wii?  Also, how did they rate the new Donkey Kong game visuals?

Thanks.

For Epic Mickey, they say it looks 'stunning' and is 'one of the best looking games on the Wii', but they say that it places it looks like a 'mush of greens and browns'

As for DKCR, they say it looks 'amazing' and praise the animation in particular and the attention to detail