By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ONM issue 63 Review Scores in (includes Epic Mickey, DKCR and Golden Sun)!

MaxwellGT2000 said:
morenoingrato said:

Epic Mickey Score, I was kinda expecting something huge on this one.

I can tell you why and why 85 shouldn't deter you if you're a Mickey fan.

Essentially the game is all about style, nostalgia, and choice.  Platforming is actually a little slower paced and not in the forefront as a platformer fan like myself enjoys, but really it's completely unique, and deserves its own fanbase, the only real glaring issue is the camera can get in the way from time to time when you are jumping around, otherwise it's really solid, painting is essentially good karma and thiner bad, you get different paths, have to fight enemies/bosses differently, and the game itself can be harder depending on which good or bad route you pick.

Overall a solid recontamination just don't go in expecting it to be Super Mario Galaxy and you'll be fine.   

You have already played it? Good to hear it is good. That makes 4 good Wii Platformers in a bit more than a month.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
morenoingrato said:

Essentially the game is all about style, nostalgia, and choice.  Platforming is actually a little slower paced and not in the forefront as a platformer fan like myself enjoys, but really it's completely unique, and deserves its own fanbase, the only real glaring issue is the camera can get in the way from time to time when you are jumping around, otherwise it's really solid, painting is essentially good karma and thiner bad, you get different paths, have to fight enemies/bosses differently, and the game itself can be harder depending on which good or bad route you pick.

Overall a solid recontamination just don't go in expecting it to be Super Mario Galaxy and you'll be fine.   

Well, I did was xpecting some pretty unique concepts and mechanics.

I mean, when I look at all the footage, all the interviews and all the media coverage, it looked pretty clear that tons of efford and resources where put in this project, I really wanted the game to have something that many 3D platformers (galaxys included) didn't give me.

As a young gamer, I really can't say much about nostalgia, I grew with modern Disney.

The choice feature looked really cool, and I was really expecting some groundbreaking stuff with the paintbrush, but I'm wrong about the paintbrush, am I?

Nintendogamer said:
Games4Fun said:

Hm 85 what did they dock off points for? im just curious as its yet another recent game im getting day one

Occaisionaly bland and average platforming.

Can you tell us what the whole review is saying?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

DAMN YOU FOR POSTING THIS FIRST!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

morenoingrato said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
morenoingrato said:

I mean, when I look at all the footage, all the interviews and all the media coverage, it looked pretty clear that tons of efford and resources where put in this project, I really wanted the game to have something that many 3D platformers (galaxys included) didn't give me.

And who says it doesn't? An 85% doesn't mean it doesn't have all these things you wanted, just that its not perfect.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

Honestly I expected Epic Mickey the best scoring Wii exclusive..  I know just one mag scores and all the others mag sites may see it different...

Btw this is the first Holiday that the Wii has a nice list of decent games...

Lostplanet22 said:

Honestly I expected Epic Mickey the best scoring Wii exclusive..  I know just one mag scores and all the others mag sites may see it different...

Btw this is the first Holiday that the Wii has a nice list of decent games...

It's certainly the first yer when there's more Wii-games I want then PS3/360 games, that's for sure...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

What's wrong with the Rabbids game?

morenoingrato said:

well that´s not a bad score at all. It actually seems fair. I am really concerned that the camera might throw people off (at least a bit)

AlthoughI haven´t played the game myself, the camera does seem like the real issue with the game to me (I´ve seen some LPs on youtube), though not terrible and you can put it behind you by pressing c it still seems it´s not as great as it should be, everything else seems fine to me.

edit: the jumping seems a bit off too

morenoingrato said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
morenoingrato said:

As a young gamer, I really can't say much about nostalgia, I grew with modern Disney.

The choice feature looked really cool, and I was really expecting some groundbreaking stuff with the paintbrush, but I'm wrong about the paintbrush, am I?

dude play it first, who knows? maybe you´ll enjoy it a lot (even love it) don´t go in disapointed in advance.

The only review you should care about is your own