By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Flying with your kids this holiday? S/he might be strip searched by TSA

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Going on like this, high-speed rail will end up killing short and medium distance air transport wherever available...

He said "killing"!

Quarantine him! Strip search him! Arrest him!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Going on like this, high-speed rail will end up killing short and medium distance air transport wherever available...

He said "killing"!

Oh well, at least I'll avoid stoning, I didn't say "Jehovah"...  Oh, snap!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Kantor said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

He said "killing"!

Oh well, at least I'll avoid stoning, I didn't say "Jehovah"...  Oh, snap!

Nobody stone this man until I say so.

Even, and I repeat, even if he says "Jehov-"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Should have just walked through the scanner.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Except for the fact that any dream of high speed rail in America got shot down with the republicans taking the house. 

This is country is so screwed, I just hope somebody goes nuts and kills some TSA people. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
superchunk said:

i dont she had the option at that time. this is a little older from last year i believe. I take you dont have kids or know someone with kids. if my niece was taken like that i would be in jail for hitting some people. A child should never be taken out of sight of their parent by a stranger. Especailly one that will be expected to search said child

thranx said:
superchunk said:

i dont she had the option at that time. this is a little older from last year i believe. I take you dont have kids or know someone with kids. if my niece was taken like that i would be in jail for hitting some people. A child should never be taken out of sight of their parent by a stranger. Especailly one that will be expected to search said child

I have kids and was referring to the OP's video not the blog entry from the mother.

That story is different and I would have been forced away by authorities as no-one would have walked away with my kids.

superchunk said:

What an inane argument. These TSA agents are doing things not even allowed by law enforcement agencies when they have due cause. Just because you're okay with being scanned and having a nude image rendered doesn't mean that everyone else should be.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
superchunk said:

What an inane argument. These TSA agents are doing things not even allowed by law enforcement agencies when they have due cause. Just because you're okay with being scanned and having a nude image rendered doesn't mean that everyone else should be.

So you'd rather just rely on metal dectectors than a machine when used properly doesn't display a real nude image of you nor does it store that image?

The pat down is too much and I would demand to see the specific reasoning to why I required such an invasive action. But the really shitty image of my undetailed body is perfectly fine.

superchunk said:
rocketpig said:
superchunk said:

So you'd rather just rely on metal dectectors than a machine when used properly doesn't display a real nude image of you nor does it store that image?

The pat down is too much and I would demand to see the specific reasoning to why I required such an invasive action. But the really shitty image of my undetailed body is perfectly fine.

As I may have said in another thread, my problem isn't as much with the scanners themselves (though I still have issues with them), they're more the alternatives to opting out. It's not being used as an effective measure to those who don't want to be scanned, it's a deterrent and punishment for not playing along with the TSA's demands.

As a die-hard Libertarian, I think we've had just about enough government invasion into our lives in the name of "safety". If I don't want to be scanned, I shouldn't have to deal with ill-trained TSA agents who do things not allowed by the police.

And contrary to several posters on VGC and other places who have posted irrelevant quips about this, my request is not an unreasonable one.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/