By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Flying with your kids this holiday? S/he might be strip searched by TSA

You'll pat this? Pedo alert.

source

Teen subjected to public airport pat-down
Mom feels she allowed 15-year-old to be violated
By Kevin Connor, QMI Agency

TORONTO – Christine McCann feels she allowed her shy 15-year-old daughter to be violated when she was forced to publicly have a full body pat-down at a Sudbury, Ont., airport.

Pickering, Ont., resident McCann and her daughter, Carly Finn, took a Porter Airlines flight to Sudbury over the weekend to visit McCann's father, who is dying of lung cancer.

"My daughter is extremely shy and when we were returning from Sudbury she was randomly selected for a pat-down," said McCann. "I asked them if they could take me instead and they said no. I asked if they at least could do it in private, but they did not have the facilities.

"The pat-down was bad enough, but when they asked my daughter to turn around and put her hands on the machine as they spread her legs and patted her down, (that) was the worst," she said.

McCann said her daughter was so upset, she vowed never to fly again.

"I was upset because my dad — her grandfather — needs to see us, as he does not have that long to live," she said. "I can't believe that we had such a good weekend together, staying in a hotel, visiting my dad for two days and going out to dinner. The weekend was blown over an 18-second pat-down."

Airport screening officers have the right to search any passenger, said Mathieu Larocque, spokesman for Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, which administers passenger screening.

"Some passengers may be selected for a secondary screening, but every passenger has the right to have a private search and that should have happened," said Larocque. "It is something that we have to accommodate. A formal complaint can be filed and it will be investigated and if need be ... corrective measures (taken).”

Porter Airlines has no control over airport security.

kevin.connor@sunmedia.ca

WTF Canada, don't follow the TSA.

Around the Network
Galaki said:

source

That's... terror at work.

complete and utter garbage.

Is this what passes off as relatable? Do people actually read this and think "oh what a poor mother".

This woman is insane, and frankly, needs to be institutionalized.

EDIT: As far as the OP video, the dad explained that he took the kids shirt off to save time. The dad was fine, the kid was shy. That's about all there is to that story.

theprof00 said:

the dad explained that he took the kids shirt off to save time.

So, we can just speed things up by going there naked, I suppose.

Galaki said:
theprof00 said:

the dad explained that he took the kids shirt off to save time.

So, we can just speed things up by going there naked, I suppose.

nobody told him to take his son's shirt off, thanks.

Since I never figured out how to embed video...

Really funny Saturday Night Live TSA skit -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZM4Bpt3xZU

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network

Its going to be pretty ironic, by the way, when the terrorists find the next workaround, bow up a plane,  and prove that you can't really stop them minus for banning arabic people from flying. Billions of dollars will have been wasted by the US govt for nothing ONCE AGAIN  (just like Iraq and Afghanistan), while Americans go homeless this winter.

Raze said:

Its going to be pretty ironic, by the way, when the terrorists find the next workaround, bow up a plane,  and prove that you can't really stop them minus for banning arabic people from flying. Billions of dollars will have been wasted by the US govt for nothing ONCE AGAIN  (just like Iraq and Afghanistan), while Americans go homeless this winter.

Yeah. Like wearing a rubber suit everywhere you go because you're afraid of lightning strike, only be be hit by a car.

Raze said:

They don't even have to find a workaround, there are already plenty of them. I posted an article about the rectal explosives in one of these threads.

Will the TSA start doing cavity searches then?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Raze said:

They don't even have to find a workaround, there are already plenty of them. I posted an article about the rectal explosives in one of these threads.

Will the TSA start doing cavity searches then?

At the rate they are going, I'd make a wild guess that you'd get rectal exam by next year.

Galaki said:
Raze said:

Yeah. Like wearing a rubber suit everywhere you go because you're afraid of lightning strike, only be be hit by a car.

Hmm if the rubber suit was thick enough, wouldn't you bounce off the car? Perhaps into an alligator pit, who would chew on you for the rest of eternity. =P