By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Don't get why Kesha is popular?

disolitude said:

She is popular cause you took time out of your day to make this thread...

Listen to Disolitude, there is wisdom in his post.

Around the Network

Here how the music industry opreates these days:

First, I need to state that pepole are educated these days for ignorance, stupidity etc etc, that's not coincidental, pepole in top spots in the TV business, music business etc etc know that the best costumers are the least informed ones.

So, now,  the record bands want to have brands (not bands) who get them money, Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa (although she's an anomaly in certain aspects, i'll elaborate if you'd like me to) Jonas Brothers, etc etc, all of these are individuals who were handpicked for having an okay voice, good looks, zero inspiration, and zero talent in any other way.

This way, the companies can control what pepole hear, they just send these singles to radio stations, and because they are "catchy", they will catch on, and when the effect wears off pepole will stop listening to them, because they only listened to such music because "it's cool" and because it's on the radio.

Now, the music companies can regulate this rotation of new brands to suc an extent that no real new musicians will get a shot at going big, and will never get a big following (because the music created has nothing but catchiness and cheese, which only effects tween girls), so pepole will just keep on listening to the radio, and never try and search for real music.

:(

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:

First, I need to state that pepole are educated these days for ignorance, stupidity etc etc, that's not coincidental, pepole in top spots in the TV business, music business etc etc know that the best costumers are the least informed ones.

So, now,  the record bands want to have brands (not bands) who get them money, Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa (although she's an anomaly in certain aspects, i'll elaborate if you'd like me to) Jonas Brothers, etc etc, all of these are individuals who were handpicked for having an okay voice, good looks, zero inspiration, and zero talent in any other way.

This way, the companies can control what pepole hear, they just send these singles to radio stations, and because they are "catchy", they will catch on, and when the effect wears off pepole will stop listening to them, because they only listened to such music because "it's cool" and because it's on the radio.

Now, the music companies can regulate this rotation of new brands to suc an extent that no real new musicians will get a shot at going big, and will never get a big following (because the music created has nothing but catchiness and cheese, which only effects tween girls), so pepole will just keep on listening to the radio, and never try and search for real music.

Least informed ones eh?

Such bigotry..

The answer is very simple. People just have different tastes in life.

Whenever someone says that an artist or a song isn't "real music", it basically means: "Hey, I don't like that song so it's not real music!"

People have different tastes.

kurasakiichimaru said:
RageBot said:

Least informed ones eh?

Such bigotry..

Can you elaborate why it is bigotry?

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

-Pandora- speaks truth. I don't understand why you don't understand why Kesha is popular.

-PaNdOrA- said:

Whenever someone says that an artist or a song isn't "real music", it basically means: "Hey, I don't like that song so it's not real music!"

People have different tastes.

No, no, I think you're getting it wrong.

Most mainstream music is "real music" in the sense that McDonald's is "real food".

Most pepole who eat McDonald's do so either because of financial difficulties (something that have nothing to do with music) or because that's the only thing they know (that is compared to music).

And... really, the precentage of pepole who know, and listen to a variety of different music genres, yet prefer stuff like Ke$ha, out of the pepole who listen to a variety of genres, is really, really low.

badgenome said:

That was awesome.

Ke$ha and Two and a Half Men are the reason that the world hates America...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Lol. Coming into this thread I figured Kesha was some kind of food or drug or something. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046