By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is Xbox so Strong in Americas ?

For most Americans it's cheap, fun, and has alot of games we like. Why not?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

Beuli2 said:

Because americans are easy to brainwash.

This and Microsoft is a U.S. company that has an extravagent amount of money to market.

Funny though as i'm an American (and I wish I wasn't) and I prefer Japanese products.

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

Because americans always fall for marketing. No other country would continue to let a system that was constantly being sent for repairs be the top seller. I'm from the US so dont think I'm a hater.

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

Wagram said:
Beuli2 said:

This and Microsoft is a U.S. company.

Funny though as i'm an American (and I wish I wasn't) and I prefer Japanese products.

dude this is the problem with people these days

People watch a little anime and become brainwashed into thinking there japanese

Around the Network

I'm not subscribing to the theory of patriotism with ~10 million more Wii's sold in the same region.  I think the biggest draw is competitive online multiplayer, which gained alot of traction with Halo.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Wagram said:
Beuli2 said:

They don't think they are Japanase, they think they are anime characters.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Because when it launched it had the best value if you wanted to play hd games (cheaper than ps3 for hd games). and at the end of the day that matters to americans more than some brand they are buying. Its all about the value. So unless you felt the need for blu ray movies (which it appers not as many did) you would of chosen the 360.

It is more expensive in the long run for online play, but you get so much more and the community is so much more vibrant that from a gamers perspective it would worth the cost. the value was there for it as it was directly related to gaming.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Wagram said:
Beuli2 said:

I don't watch Anime. I watched the Valkyria Chronicles Anime with eng dub. What is wrong with enjoying other countries products?

Just because someone likes Anime it doesn't mean they are happy go lucky for japanese.

A few reasons:

Marketing (or brainwashing as some have called it, lol). Microsoft just know how to market to American audiences.

The biggest and exclusive games are quitessentially American. Halo and Gears both appeal to US audiences and have an American feel to them. In the UK too, shooters are hugely popular helping 360 to gain traction.

Online multiplayer. They had the best online service at the start of the gen and was helped by games like Halo.

Combine the above with a pack/sheep mentality of consumers and will buy whatevers popular and what everyone else currently has.