By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is Xbox so Strong in Americas ?

chocoloco said:
mundus6 said:

The things that makes it so much better in USA is netflix, last.fm, ESPN, etc. In Europe and rest of the world you don't get many of these features.

Actually my good man, I assume you don't own both systems because Netflix is now better on the PS3 now that the requirement to download instantly with a disk for PS3 is gone. And you can actually search for movies you want to watch instantly just like the PC because the ps3 can access the internet while the 360 cannot. Just thought I would clarify this since its always good to be informed. Of course, my reasoning might be wrong too.

I got both consoles but i live in Europe so i can't get netflix on either. But anyway, from what i've heard, you can now search movies directly on the 360 too, so i wouldn't say better. Also ZuneHD store is pretty good, but you can get it here too, which is why i didn't mention it.

Around the Network
psrock said:
Seece said:
Squilliam said:

Uh this thread is about America and it looks like in America the Xbox 360 is dominant only in America. I wouldn't be so quick to say that Nintendo makes more money than Microsoft in that country if you look at the YTD retail revenue without even considering the 1600 point accessory card plus Live cards plus credit card payments for content on demand.

I would hardly say the PS3 broke in single digit percentages. Thats Wii territory. The PS3 by comparison is much hotter and more complex. As for lost sales, well people said that Call of Duty Black ops wouldn't sell as well because it was made by Treyarch. What the people on forums say is far removed from the reality in the market.

The PS3 may keep getting closer, however I doubt it'll ever pass that the point where it becomes an outright unqualified success in its own right. In a qualified sense you can talk about how much things have improved but it doesn't yet touch what happened in an absolute sense.

You're not allowed to talk about America figures only in an American thread as it offends some people, stupid eh?

The Xbox 360 is strong in the US, but as always it's not the most successful, nor Dominant. People are not offended by by US and UK threads for 360 at all, we are just tired of them. How many which ways can you tell us the 360 does well in the US and UK. You alone Seece has made tons of those threads.

All I am asking is a third country to focus on for the next few weeks, I am sure the 360 is successful in many other places too.

Stay out of them then, and go make your own threads on countries you're interested in. Just because you're bored with them doesn't mean others are.

The two major reasons why my friends and I purchased Xbox 360s first were because it came out first, and it was at a much more affordable price compared to the PS3 when it launched.  I (as well as many of my friends) eventually picked up a PS3 as well, because frankly, there are just too many good exclusives out for the PS3 to pass up.  Honestly, if you're a core gamer and don't have all three systems by now, you're missing out on a tremendous amount of games this generation.