By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is Xbox so Strong in Americas ?

Michael-5 said:

However the 360 has more racers. PGR 3 and 4, Forza 2 and 3, and other good exclusives like Test Drive: Unlimited. 

Are Action Adventure games really that big in EMEAA?

It's really silly how people go out of their way to go domestic.

Ps3 had GT5:P, Motorstorm 1 & 2, modnation racers, and wipeout (PSN ONLY). I though Test Drive was multiplat. I'll take your word for it.

maybe

maybe they just like the PS3/Wii. It has nothing to do with them going out of their way.

remember that the X360 was actually outselling PS3 until last year I believe.

Around the Network
WarmachineX said:

The 360 is the most well-rounded machine when it comes to power, price, games, ex; It's really got it all.

ex?

EDIT: did you mean etc?

psrock said:
Squilliam said:
psrock said:

Nintendo isn't as dominant as you'd imagine.

I didn't forget RROD, just as I didn't forget YLOD and PS2 DRE. There are people who've experienced all three, including me. If hardware problems didn't stop people from buying the PS2 and PS1 and even PS3 and Xbox 360 because the PS3 too had high failure rates due to its complexity and the only saving grace was the other guy was that much worse.

The PS3 is still called a disaster, that hasn't really changed only the wishful thinking to wash it all away and pretend that the PS3 launched in 2009 makes it appear to be the case. Those articles didn't anticipate the billions of dollars in losses as well as billions in collateral damage needed to salvage the platform so the figured the PS3 would sit down and die, which to be honest was a fair call to make at the time. Funnily enough Sony compensated Toshiba for their HD-DVD losses by selling them fabs for a pittance next to the billions of dollars spent upgrading them.

People always look at the cost and make arguments whilst forgetting value. People will buy something for $499 or  $599 if they think it is worth it. If the PS3 was that much of a better system at $599 then people would have bought them at that price at a rapid rate. There are always pros and cons to everything. Hell 14M iPhones which cost thousands over a 24 month plan in additional fees are a pittance in comparison or the iPad which cost $499 or higher at launch sold because people valued them. They didn't value a PS3 at $499/$599 for all its sophistication because a much simpler system came in at $399 and did as much if not more. So the fact that the PS3 was $599 wasn't just badly played by Sony, the fact that Microsoft released a system for $399 has to be well played Microsoft.

You can do better than this squilliam. And yes, the Wii is very Dominant everywhere. It sells the most hardware, sofware, makes the most money. Sells the most first party and third party software.

The Wii is selling at a much faster pace the the PS2  even with much better competition.

Anyway, did you just compare a billion dollars disaster called rrod to single digits percentage of broken consoles. The point remains, 360 rrod such an issue, MS had to extend their warranty to fight, and I know for sure lost tons of sale including me because of it.

All I have to stay about PS3 being a disaster is the fact year after year , it keeps getting closer.

Uh this thread is about America and it looks like in America the Xbox 360 is dominant only in America. I wouldn't be so quick to say that Nintendo makes more money than Microsoft in that country if you look at the YTD retail revenue without even considering the 1600 point accessory card plus Live cards plus credit card payments for content on demand.

I would hardly say the PS3 broke in single digit percentages. Thats Wii territory. The PS3 by comparison is much hotter and more complex. As for lost sales, well people said that Call of Duty Black ops wouldn't sell as well because it was made by Treyarch. What the people on forums say is far removed from the reality in the market.

The PS3 may keep getting closer, however I doubt it'll ever pass that the point where it becomes an outright unqualified success in its own right. In a qualified sense you can talk about how much things have improved but it doesn't yet touch what happened in an absolute sense.

Tease.

I though this thread was about units sold?

I don't reply in threads where the OP and first responder have been banned...

DOH!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

without reading the whole thread:

MS actually tries to be successful in America and UK.

In Germany you might see 10 Xbox 360 commercials per year. You see them now in time for the Xmas rush. CoD Black Ops got some ads, but thats it. No Kinect ads, No Fable III ads - nothing!

Look at Xbox Live, here you miss important features that actually improved the service and pushed hardware.

Imagine Xbox Live without

• ESPN
  • Last.FM
  • Netflix
  • Sky
  • Inside Xbox / Majors Minute and stuff

and Gears of War was never released in Germany. Sure you can buy it from Austria and a lot of people did so, but it was never in stores in Germany.

I want MS to go for the German or continental European market like they go for the UK and US market. They spent so much money on the Japanese market and managed to sell way better than with the Xbox1, but they have to realise that this is a MUST for Europe as well.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Shooters and Marketing

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Lyrikalstylez said:

Same reason why japanese stick to japanese products,

Im proud to be supporting an american console because im American

Proudly built in china

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Its an american console that has games that many americans like. But its not "So Strong" considering the wii has won the gen overall Americans clearly are fine with foreign products.

Squilliam said:
psrock said:
Squilliam said:
psrock said:

Nintendo isn't as dominant as you'd imagine.

I didn't forget RROD, just as I didn't forget YLOD and PS2 DRE. There are people who've experienced all three, including me. If hardware problems didn't stop people from buying the PS2 and PS1 and even PS3 and Xbox 360 because the PS3 too had high failure rates due to its complexity and the only saving grace was the other guy was that much worse.

The PS3 is still called a disaster, that hasn't really changed only the wishful thinking to wash it all away and pretend that the PS3 launched in 2009 makes it appear to be the case. Those articles didn't anticipate the billions of dollars in losses as well as billions in collateral damage needed to salvage the platform so the figured the PS3 would sit down and die, which to be honest was a fair call to make at the time. Funnily enough Sony compensated Toshiba for their HD-DVD losses by selling them fabs for a pittance next to the billions of dollars spent upgrading them.

People always look at the cost and make arguments whilst forgetting value. People will buy something for $499 or  $599 if they think it is worth it. If the PS3 was that much of a better system at $599 then people would have bought them at that price at a rapid rate. There are always pros and cons to everything. Hell 14M iPhones which cost thousands over a 24 month plan in additional fees are a pittance in comparison or the iPad which cost $499 or higher at launch sold because people valued them. They didn't value a PS3 at $499/$599 for all its sophistication because a much simpler system came in at $399 and did as much if not more. So the fact that the PS3 was $599 wasn't just badly played by Sony, the fact that Microsoft released a system for $399 has to be well played Microsoft.

You can do better than this squilliam. And yes, the Wii is very Dominant everywhere. It sells the most hardware, sofware, makes the most money. Sells the most first party and third party software.

The Wii is selling at a much faster pace the the PS2  even with much better competition.

Anyway, did you just compare a billion dollars disaster called rrod to single digits percentage of broken consoles. The point remains, 360 rrod such an issue, MS had to extend their warranty to fight, and I know for sure lost tons of sale including me because of it.

All I have to stay about PS3 being a disaster is the fact year after year , it keeps getting closer.

Uh this thread is about America and it looks like in America the Xbox 360 is dominant only in America. I wouldn't be so quick to say that Nintendo makes more money than Microsoft in that country if you look at the YTD retail revenue without even considering the 1600 point accessory card plus Live cards plus credit card payments for content on demand.

I would hardly say the PS3 broke in single digit percentages. Thats Wii territory. The PS3 by comparison is much hotter and more complex. As for lost sales, well people said that Call of Duty Black ops wouldn't sell as well because it was made by Treyarch. What the people on forums say is far removed from the reality in the market.

The PS3 may keep getting closer, however I doubt it'll ever pass that the point where it becomes an outright unqualified success in its own right. In a qualified sense you can talk about how much things have improved but it doesn't yet touch what happened in an absolute sense.

You're not allowed to talk about America figures only in an American thread as it offends some people, stupid eh?