By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is Xbox so Strong in Americas ?

Uhhhh... there games appeal to them more then they do every else. The other stuff is bonus ( or primary, secondary reasons) for them like online multi-player with their friends or something along those lines >_>

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

The XBox brand is strongest in America because its by an American company as well as a highly recognized one.

As for your prediction about next Gen I disagree completely...before this Gen the Playstation brand was very strong in America but seems to have faded because of the XBox brand. With that said while the Playstation brand slowed in America the DS and Wii brands gained huge popularity in America and just like how the 3DS has the name DS in it I expect Nintendo's next console to have the name Wii contained in it.

I personally think that the P.S brand faded here because the 360 and PS3 are so similar and the 360 is made in America so people pick the 360 over the PS3 here.

Anyway, nobody knows what next Gen has in store for all consoles though I expect Nintendo to stay fairly popular next Gen in the same way that PS2 was successful partly due to the PS1.

The PlayStation brand has weakened in America because of Sony, not really because of the Xbox brand. A $299 launch PS3 would have continued Sony's dominance here, no doubt about it.

Really, it was Sony's blunders and Microsoft's marketing and aggressive stance that have helped up the brand here. Next gen is anybody's game, that's a true victory for Microsoft (and Nintendo too).

The only reason this might be true is because at that time standalone blu-ray players were still ridiculously expensive.  If blu-ray players were similarly adjusted in price I don't think it would have.  Remember that without games you don't sell game consoles,  and the PS3 is not exactly famous for having a stellar launch lineup...

Good line up of games and good pricepoint.

The bigger question is, why isn't the Xbox so strong in EMEAA.

I mean the PS3 and 360 are such similar consoles, it's hard to understand why the PS3 has outsold the 360 in EMEAA despite the 360 having an extra year on the market. IThe games aren't that different, PS3 just has more adventure games while 360 has more Shooters.

For americas, it's easy to see why the 360 is so popular, brand name. MS is American right? So if PS3 and 360 offer similar services, most will choose the domestic product. Same reason why Xbox is selling soo poorly in Japan (except in Japan, they really don't catch on with imported products).

Also Shooters are really popular in Americas, which the 360 has the most of.

However the 360 has more racers. PGR 3 and 4, Forza 2 and 3, and other good exclusives like Test Drive: Unlimited. Yet PS3 is still more popular in EMEAA even without GT5 released yet. Are Action Adventure games really that big in EMEAA?

Maybe because of the brand name Sony developed during the PS1 and PS2 era, it's gotten popular in the EMEAA, where in americas, the playstation brand has been overshadowed by Nintendo and MS.

Brand name is respectable, thats how Nintendo and Sony are such strong gaming companies, but MS only has brand power in the states because it's American. It's really silly how people go out of their way to go domestic.

At least 360 is a quality system, but I hate it when I see Buicks everywhere when Acura, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, and even Infinity offer a better quality product. I mean why are Chevrolet and Chrysler still around? Why did you have to bail them out Obama!?!?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
De85 said:

The only reason this might be true is because at that time standalone blu-ray players were still ridiculously expensive.  If blu-ray players were similarly adjusted in price I don't think it would have.  Remember that without games you don't sell game consoles,  and the PS3 is not exactly famous for having a stellar launch lineup...

From what I remember, the PS2 had a crappy launch line-up too. 

Michael-5 said:

The bigger question is, why isn't the Xbox so strong in EMEAA.

I mean the PS3 and 360 are such similar consoles, it's hard to understand why the PS3 has outsold the 360 in EMEAA despite the 360 having an extra year on the market. IThe games aren't that different, PS3 just has more adventure games while 360 has more Shooters.

For americas, it's easy to see why the 360 is so popular, brand name. MS is American right? So if PS3 and 360 offer similar services, most will choose the domestic product. Same reason why Xbox is selling soo poorly in Japan (except in Japan, they really don't catch on with imported products).

Also Shooters are really popular in Americas, which the 360 has the most of.

However the 360 has more racers. PGR 3 and 4, Forza 2 and 3, and other good exclusives like Test Drive: Unlimited. Yet PS3 is still more popular in EMEAA even without GT5 released yet. Are Action Adventure games really that big in EMEAA?

Maybe because of the brand name Sony developed during the PS1 and PS2 era, it's gotten popular in the EMEAA, where in americas, the playstation brand has been overshadowed by Nintendo and MS.

Brand name is respectable, thats how Nintendo and Sony are such strong gaming companies, but MS only has brand power in the states because it's American. It's really silly how people go out of their way to go domestic.

At least 360 is a quality system, but I hate it when I see Buicks everywhere when Acura, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, and even Infinity offer a better quality product. I mean why are Chevrolet and Chrysler still around? Why did you have to bail them out Obama!?!?

Microsoft got its brand power from Windows, not because its in the states. You also have one of the richest man of the world, Bill Gates, which came from Microsoft.

ONE WORD WILL SUM THIS QUESTION UP. HALO!!

WITH OUT THIS GAME, XBOX WOULD HAVE NOT MADE IT.

tripprowe2468 said:
Beuli2 said:

Because americans are easy to brainwash.

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

I really dont see why this post was moderated, the same exact thing popped into my head when i read the title.  xbox 360 beat ps3 to the punch when it released first and brained washed everyone into thinking killing things in first person was the only way to have fun with video games anymore.  It honestly makes me sick to think it sells so well.  ps3 has a much better variety of WELL MADE GAMES.

Yes because FPSs didn't exist until the 360 came around.

The 360 is the most well-rounded machine when it comes to power, price, games, ex; It's really got it all.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad