By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Mafia -Round 23-

Hephaestos said:

I think random first day lynches are a bad idea, odds are in the town's disfavor (17 people 4-6 mafia/SK, that means at least 4-6 votes directed thowards a random townie on which people will bandwaggon)

So I'm scummy ? GTFO.

Your post was rings waaay more alarms. Lets see -

The quote above is nonsensical.

Theres a very high chance of a player dying on night one. One player. Maybe 2 max. The odds of hitting mafia today and the odds of hitting mafia tomorrow will be pretty much the same.

As I pointed out in the last game, ironically, the town won for the first time in a long while in the DBZ game where we did a day one mislynch lead by me (though that was 90% Kamal's fault). We were going for a SK before him (radishhead).

We lynch someone today. If we're lucky, we hit scum. If not, then thats 1 less player to worry about...we don't have to figure out whether he is pro or anti town any more.

My vote on Final fan was a joke vote btw... And I'm not suggesting we randomly lynch people. I'm suggesting that we discuss stuff, like we are doing right now, and get a read on people. The person whom we think is the scummiest after a day or two of discussion gets lynched.

Hephaestos said:

However I think First day, first page calls for a lynch are just plain scummy, GoW. Adding to this that you're very likely to be using the fact that in the past 2 games you had a power role and went on a first day voting spree as a shield against suspicion.... I doubt you'd do it again as town since it got you killed night one both times ^^.

Major HoS on GoWand what's with the free agressivity?

I want a day one lynch. How the hell is that scummy ? Aggressive maybe. But the people who are over-protective about day one lynches are the people who are scummy imo.

On the DBZ game, I roleclaimed Goku. I was killed because there was a Mafia assassin who could bypass doctor's protection.

On the sailor moon game I genuinely slipped up...which is partly the fault of you and theprof's insanity. But lets not go there.

This will be my style of play from now on...eventually the scumbags would get sick of killing me, no ?

There is nothing wrong with being aggressive...but I'm sick of people being scared about the day one lynches. Its a gamble that'll pay off very nicely if it works out.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Hephaestos said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Kittens suck. I'll take dog poop over kittens any day.

I want to lynch someone on day one. I will not take no for an answer.

I think random first day lynches are a bad idea, odds are in the town's disfavor (17 people 4-6 mafia/SK, that means at least 4-6 votes directed thowards a random townie on which people will bandwaggon).

However I think First day, first page calls for a lynch are just plain scummy, GoW. Adding to this that you're very likely to be using the fact that in the past 2 games you had a power role and went on a first day voting spree  as a shield against suspicion.... I doubt you'd do it again as town since it got you killed night one both times ^^.

Major HoS on GoW

heh, 6 mafia would be overkill. Generally there is a 3-1 (town-scum) so 16 people would mean probably 4 mafia, 5 by a long shot, and more likely 3. 6 mafia would be WAY overstacked for them. With 6, two mislynches would send us right into the end game.

Anyways, I think wasted first days are very scummy. Scum are the ones that want no day kills and all night kills. Also, (and I'm going off memory so I could be very wrong) prior to my taking a break, day 1 lynches were not harmful to our chances of winning.

yeah I said 4-6 but that includes an eventual SK, there's what, 17 of us? so 20-30% is 3.4-5.1 ... I guess I did overshoot by one.

i'm not saying we shouldn't lynch, i'm saying we shouldn't random lynch. For the historical aspect the first day town target in the past 3 games have been bad choices: doctor (L-2 day one, lynched day 2), Vigilante (lynched day 1), 3 townies bickering at each other on day one last round. So in short, we have a group that's made bad decisions on day one... we need not to rush things, and I think GoW's rushing is indeed scumy, especially considering his past 2 games.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

You know what ? Scumbags like you deserve pressure from the start.

Vote : Hephaestos

You were obviously trying to frame me into sounding somewhat scummy.

Don't get cocky now because theprof is in love with you...you sound scummy and your post feels like one that screams "oooh, I wanna contribute enough to seem like town".

So you make bullshit accusations about how scummy I sound for wanting a lynch on day one and gives me a "major HoS"... LMAO

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Theres a very high chance of a player dying on night one. One player. Maybe 2 max. The odds of hitting mafia today and the odds of hitting mafia tomorrow will be pretty much the same.

My vote on Final fan was a joke vote btw...

I want a day one lynch. How the hell is that scummy ? Aggressive maybe. But the people who are over-protective about day one lynches are the people who are scummy imo.

This will be my style of play from now on...eventually the scumbags would get sick of killing me, no ?

(4 paragraphs, 4 points)

1) Reading this, I just realized something. I'm used to power games... on day 2 we have a ton of available sources of information. It is true that in a vanilla game, the information is also much more scarece. Therefore I agree to a day 1 lynch... but not rushed.

2) don't worry I think everyone understood that

3) The agressivity I'm talking about is your posts to proff and homer... I don't know if you guys joked about something before, but i'd be somewhat offended by you if you replied like that to me out of the blue.

4) Pardon my skeptism, but so far both times have been power roles, we can't take your word on this....yet.

Hephaestos said:

yeah I said 4-6 but that includes an eventual SK, there's what, 17 of us? so 20-30% is 3.4-5.1 ... I guess I did overshoot by one.

i'm not saying we shouldn't lynch, i'm saying we shouldn't random lynch. For the historical aspect the first day town target in the past 3 games have been bad choices: doctor (L-2 day one, lynched day 2), Vigilante (lynched day 1), 3 townies bickering at each other on day one last round. So in short, we have a group that's made bad decisions on day one... we need not to rush things, and I think GoW's rushing is indeed scumy, especially considering his past 2 games.

We were incredibly close to lynching the SK in the DBZ game before the vigilante, Kamal decided to go crazy.

The doctor, you ? That started out with hatmoza sending out naked pics of his GF to people to vote for you... And you got lynched on day 2 because I, and nen-suer destroyed your role claim (since it was an obvious lie).

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

You were obviously trying to frame me into sounding somewhat scummy.

you sound scummy and your post feels like one that screams "oooh, I wanna contribute enough to seem like town".

we'll let the rest of the town judge if you sound scummy at all, I believe you'll be surprised on that.

and there is no contribute enough yet, there's not even 20 posts, even checking in is contributing enough.

(though it's true I did say last round and in this signup that i'd talk less ...sorry :-p )

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Hephaestos said:

We were incredibly close to lynching the SK in the DBZ game before the vigilante, Kamal decided to go crazy.

The doctor, you ? That started out with hatmoza sending out naked pics of his GF to people to vote for you... And you got lynched on day 2 because I, and nen-suer destroyed your role claim (since it was an obvious lie).

err you'll notice I didn't implicate your name in these past mistakes by the town, but since you insist, do you really think it shines a good light on you to have lynched a vigilanted without letting him the time to answer and to have "destroyed" the defence of a doctor with your fellow mafiosis...?

and this last one just shows the inability of the town to step up and help fellow townies from mafia pressure, which proves my point for caution based on previous games.

Hephaestos said:

1) Reading this, I just realized something. I'm used to power games... on day 2 we have a ton of available sources of information. It is true that in a vanilla game, the information is also much more scarece. Therefore I agree to a day 1 lynch... but not rushed.

2) don't worry I think everyone understood that

3) The agressivity I'm talking about is your posts to proff and homer... I don't know if you guys joked about something before, but i'd be somewhat offended by you if you replied like that to me out of the blue.

4) Pardon my skeptism, but so far both times have been power roles, we can't take your word on this....yet.

1. OK, I see whats happening here....lol...you screwed up and now you're trying to make ammends.

2. Then why are you saying that I'm in a rush to lynch someone when I hadn't really voted for anyone ?

3. For prof, that was a joke...I'm sure he understands...But I was genuinely ticked off by homer's post. Yeah, he did say "for now"...but how is that different from saying "I'd think about it" when someone asks you for some money to borrow..

That attitude is very negative. He's probably not gonna vote for anyone. Its exactly how he played the last game..try to gamble a little, eh ?

4. Maybe I have a power role on this one too...maybe not. I didn't deny that anywhere.

Hephaestos said:
nordlead said:

heh, 6 mafia would be overkill. Generally there is a 3-1 (town-scum) so 16 people would mean probably 4 mafia, 5 by a long shot, and more likely 3. 6 mafia would be WAY overstacked for them. With 6, two mislynches would send us right into the end game.

Anyways, I think wasted first days are very scummy. Scum are the ones that want no day kills and all night kills. Also, (and I'm going off memory so I could be very wrong) prior to my taking a break, day 1 lynches were not harmful to our chances of winning.

I agree we shouldn't rush things, but the last thing I want is the town to decide we aren't voting and wasting hours doing nothing. So, since you aren't 100% opposed to a day 1 lynch I have no problem. I guess I should go read the convo between you and the guy with the god of war avatar as it seems we are having some form of meaningful conversation day 1. Yay!

Now, on to my typical start to a game.

Vote: Hatmoza

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

meh, my view remains that day one lynches should only occur if we have a good suspect, I oppose random lynches (or lynches based on poor or faulty reasoning)