By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Mafia -Round 23-

It's obviously good to get kills during the day phases, but a mislynch will be much worse for the town than not lynching anyone. I'm always suspicious of people that try to get a kill in before we have any real evidence to prove accusations.

It's with deepest regret that I choose to

HoS: GodofWar_3ever

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Right now I'm at school so I can't really go into depth but  if we were to lynch someone today then it would give us a lot more info to go on tomorrow. If we lynch a townie then we can see who really pushed it and who kind of held back. This would also give the cop and doctor more info to go on with their night actions. 

And by the 1 mafia to every 4 townies rule we have [slightly] higher then 20% chance in hitting scum. 

We simply hit the person who is lurking/disrupting/ being the least helpful in the town 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

TruckOSaurus said:

Never! Canadians rule.. want proof?

Who's the sexiest man alive (according to People magazine and me)? Ryan Renolds... a Canadian!

Lies and propaganda! 

Tbh, 20% odds don't sound good to me.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

With all due respect, I think nordlead is greatly overestimating the importance of actually having a body at our feet as we go into Night 1. 

The town definitely needs to have real conversation, and that does mean provoking responses out of people and trying to lynch people.  If someone actually gets lynched in that process, fine; but if we do enough of that and they all get out from under it, that's fine too.  The important part of the Day 1 lynch process is the conversation, not the corpse. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

It's been a long time since nordlead played, but I vaguely think that's consistent with his earlier stance, so no FoS. 

I think I will FoS GoW_3, though.  He seems very aggressive this game, more so than I recall from past games. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Vetteman94 said:

This is absolutely incorrect, Scum do not want no day kills,  they want mislynches.  They want as many kills to thin out the numbers of the town as possible.   And randomly voting for someone on the first day is a quick way of helping them with that.  

It won't be of much use without the town following the mislynch. Random voting doesn't help if the town aren't lured into bandwagoning. 

But hey, you're the dude who doesn't wanna lynch people on day 2, let alone 1.

Vetteman94 said:

I dont think he needs to frame you to make you sound scummy,  you are doing a pretty good job yourself.

Why thank you  

radishhead said:

It's obviously good to get kills during the day phases, but a mislynch will be much worse for the town than not lynching anyone. I'm always suspicious of people that try to get a kill in before we have any real evidence to prove accusations.

This is exactly the type of (to put it nicely) negativity I'm talking about. A mislynch is much worse than not lynching anyone, yeah. But a successful lynch is but better than a no lynch.

I'm trying to get into this game with a positive attitude of "We can lynch scum on day 1". That didn't mean I wanted to lynch someone immediately. Its far too early for that....but a vote isn't permanent you know. You can change it any time you wish.

radishhead said:

It wouldn't sound good....for the mafia.

Look, ignoring the breakdown of players - whoever we lynch is either scum or town. There is always a chance of a mislynch.

But you gotta see what I'm seeing here. One mislynch isn't gonna make us lose the game. So what if we do it on day one ? How is a day one mislynch any different from a mislynch on day 2 ? or day 3 ? 

The result is always one less townie.

But a successful lynch on day one is also possible, and will get us off to an absolute screamer. 

radishhead said:

But even with lynching a townie it will be of great advantage to the town. The information that we receive going into day two is hugely important. And getting rid of a troublemaker is nice too :) 

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Vetteman94 said:

This is absolutely incorrect, Scum do not want no day kills,  they want mislynches.  They want as many kills to thin out the numbers of the town as possible.   And randomly voting for someone on the first day is a quick way of helping them with that.  

It won't be of much use without the town following the mislynch. Random voting doesn't help if the town aren't lured into bandwagoning. 

But hey, you're the dude who doesn't wanna lynch people on day 2, let alone 1.

Vetteman94 said:

I dont think he needs to frame you to make you sound scummy,  you are doing a pretty good job yourself.

Why thank you  

radishhead said:

This is exactly the type of (to put it nicely) negativity I'm talking about. A mislynch is much worse than not lynching anyone, yeah. But a successful lynch is but better than a no lynch.

I'm trying to get into this game with a positive attitude of "We can lynch scum on day 1". That didn't mean I wanted to lynch someone immediately. Its far too early for that....but a vote isn't permanent you know. You can change it any time you wish.

radishhead said:

It wouldn't sound good....for the mafia.

Look, ignoring the breakdown of players - whoever we lynch is either scum or town. There is always a chance of a mislynch.

But you gotta see what I'm seeing here. One mislynch isn't gonna make us lose the game. So what if we do it on day one ? How is a day one mislynch any different from a mislynch on day 2 ? or day 3 ? 

The result is always one less townie.

But a successful lynch on day one is also possible, and will get us off to an absolute screamer. 

The difference between a mislynch on Day One and a mislynch on Day Two is that the information we can get out of a Day Two mislynch is more valuable than the one from a Day One mislynch.

If we assume a Day One with a good amount of conversation, a night kill then a mislynch on Day Two, the analysis of the motivations of the people who voted for and against the lynch should result in some important leads for us to go on for Day Three.

Signature goes here!

radishhead said:

And again... it's >20%