By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 11/8 ~ 11/14

lol, what is it with these ogre games and queen song titles? :D

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
kitler53 said:
Carl2291 said:

Welcome back, Wii.

Let's see how long this Red console boost will last though...

i'll never understand the consumer's response to console colors.

if someone makes their next gen console with an interchangable covers they'd probably have a multi-billion dollar industry to milk.

That is what MS thought:

Sadly didn't worked that well, I liked them though..

oh yeah, forgot about that.  maybe MS should have released and all red face plate?

FreeTalkLive said:

09. / 00. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (w/ Wii Motion ) (Nintendo) - 14.438 / NEW

Does Wii Sports Resort come with a Wii Motion Plus controller instead of the add  on in Japan now?

Yes. The new controller with motion plus inside was released last week, and now WSR includes that controller (a blue one):

flagstaad said:
FreeTalkLive said:

09. / 00. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (w/ Wii Motion ) (Nintendo) - 14.438 / NEW

Does Wii Sports Resort come with a Wii Motion Plus controller instead of the add  on in Japan now?

Yes. The new controller with motion plus inside was released last week, and now WSR includes that controller (a blue one):

O_O I hope we get that bundle soon as well.

For a color change?  Haha that's epic.

Around the Network

Good job for the Wii this week.  It will probably be a photo-finish at the end of this year between the Wii and PS3.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Wii returns in Japan by a decent amount? Somewhat surprised. 

Lostplanet22 said:
kitler53 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
kitler53 said:
Carl2291 said:

Welcome back, Wii.

Let's see how long this Red console boost will last though...

i'll never understand the consumer's response to console colors.

if someone makes their next gen console with an interchangable covers they'd probably have a multi-billion dollar industry to milk.

That is what MS thought:

Sadly didn't worked that well, I liked them though..

oh yeah, forgot about that.  maybe MS should have released and all red face plate?

well i'm on a fail streak....

Next week the will be neck and neck. advantage to PS3 i say

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I just checked, that is the highest week two of November value for hardware Wii has had in Japan. Wii is actually up by 60% over this week of 2009 in Japan. Bodes well, as the Red Wii came out Nov 11, and so it should hold for at least one more week at a good level. Then Mario Sports Mix comes during the last week of November, which is when seasonality begins to lift all hardware in Japan. Nintendo has timed this fairly well.

Also, YTD Jan 3 - Nov 14 for Wii in 2010: 1.14m

Same Period of 2009 for Wii: 1.09m

Wii is still up by 50,000. If DKC pushes about half the amount of hw as NSMB Wii (60k in launch week), figures may end up close to 2009 yet (about 2m).

For PS3 YTD Jan 3- Nov 14 is: 1.19m

Same time in 2009: 1.13m

PS3 still up by 60,000 (probably down to 50k for the 11/21 week). No Final Fantasy XIII push though (probably 100k of the 244k FFXIII week) - GT5 week will put PS3 up maybe 60,000-75,000 over its late 2009 level with an 80k push, so PS3 may be close to its figures last year also (1.8m) in the end.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu