By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect overtracked by 500k? PS3 > 360 weekly HW?

cool48 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

I do agree it's a bit unusual for a company to state their sales as ''sold to consumers'', though if the sell-through was close to 100% shipped and sold to consumers basically mean the same thing don't they? And since it's never 100% sell-through rounding off the number makes sense aswell.

Agreed if the sell through was damn close to 100% this could make sense, but I have difficulty believing it was that high.

why can't you believe it. North America and the UK has given the 360 it's strongest sales

Just want to play good games

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

as oppose to Sony's claims, I bet they are 100% right, lol

I never said anything about Sony's numbers being right in fact in my initial comment I stated that none of those companies use units sold to consumers.

Just because you argue blindly with no facts to back up your fanboyism doesn't mean everyone else does.

Darth Tigris said:
scat398 said:

This is actually emabarrasing for some of the members on this site.  I've seen people try and spin but this just falls into the crazy category.  We all know this is a site with a more pro-sony and anti-ms community, but lets not take it to the next level where nothing can be accepted as fact unless it's positive for sony and negative for MS. 

Ms did a great job with hyping kinect and now they are being rewarded and VG chartz is too, by accuratley putting together solid numbers before the offical ones were released.  When our own community tries to discredit those numbers, it affects the people that we support (ioi, source and of course others), they deserve our respect and so do the numbers they work hard to put together.

This post is straight Frosted Flakes!

Please don't act like this is a Sony fan problem, people have been denying the Move sales numbers and the PS3's weekly sales for the last few weeks and I didn't see any of the people in here claiming 'VGChartz Loyalty!' putting down those naysayers. This is strictly a MS vs Sony thing for you guys, you'll only defend or deny anything that involves your preferred company.

OT: This thread is stupid, everyone's pointed out how you were wrong and the forum is now worse for it. People have got to think before making threads they know might attract negative attention.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

red_dragon said:

why can't you believe it. North America and the UK has given the 360 it's strongest sales

I'm not saying it's impossible only seems unlikely to me.

well i feel better after reading this. at first i thought it was 1 million shipped and 700k sold. but now i realize vgchartz could be spot on

Around the Network

Being that console manufacturers always report shipped numbers (or sold to retailers if you'd prefer) and Kinect didn't really sell out (widespread availability of bundles and some availability of stand alone units) I highly doubt that Microsoft would claim 1 Million units of Kinect sold if 1.3 Million units were sold to consumers; because they would have (most likely) shipped at least 1.5 Million units.

Now, I wouldn't fault vgchartz for this because their sample size is small and they estimate total numbers based on previous performance; and it is entirely possible that the way that sales of Kinect are distributed are different than (typical) game sales or (typical) console sales.

Why can't everyone wait for quarter reports and then guess and compare. If they said sold thru then they may have asked NPD or anyone else, no one knows, so stop bitching about it already. They said sold thru, generally if they said only sold it would have been shipped, now they were more specific, whether this is true or not is not your choice.

Doobie_wop said:
Darth Tigris said:
scat398 said:

This is actually emabarrasing for some of the members on this site.  I've seen people try and spin but this just falls into the crazy category.  We all know this is a site with a more pro-sony and anti-ms community, but lets not take it to the next level where nothing can be accepted as fact unless it's positive for sony and negative for MS. 

Ms did a great job with hyping kinect and now they are being rewarded and VG chartz is too, by accuratley putting together solid numbers before the offical ones were released.  When our own community tries to discredit those numbers, it affects the people that we support (ioi, source and of course others), they deserve our respect and so do the numbers they work hard to put together.

This post is straight Frosted Flakes!

Please don't act like this is a Sony fan problem, people have been denying the Move sales numbers and the PS3's weekly sales for the last few weeks and I didn't see any of the people in here claiming 'VGChartz Loyalty!' putting down those naysayers. This is strictly a MS vs Sony thing for you guys, you'll only defend or deny anything that involves your preferred company.

OT: This thread is stupid, everyone's pointed out how you were wrong and the forum is now worse for it. People have got to think before making threads they know might attract negative attention.

This.  I find it funny when Sony shoots off numbers, some on here are screaming, "IT'S SHIPPED NOT SOLD!"  But the second someone questions the numbers that MS gives as shipped not sold it's, "OMG NOEZ, MS ALWAYS IS SOLD TO CUSTOMER!!"  They all friggin' do shipped to retailer, unless otherwise stated (like Greenberg did in his Tweet), so it's not unreasonable someone would question the numbers.  But now that he has been proven wrong, hopefully he will admit it, if he hasn't already.

donsterydo2 said:

When Sony stated that they "sold" 2.5m of Move related hardware all the sony fanboys were like "2.5 m of unique users !!" but when M$ states clear that they sold at lest 1 m to consumers the same people are like "OMFG such a liars !!".

:p

Yea, it's REAL funny how that never happened.

HappySqurriel said:

Being that console manufacturers always report shipped numbers (or sold to retailers if you'd prefer) and Kinect didn't really sell out (widespread availability of bundles and some availability of stand alone units) I highly doubt that Microsoft would claim 1 Million units of Kinect sold if 1.3 Million units were sold to consumers; because they would have (most likely) shipped at least 1.5 Million units.

Now, I wouldn't fault vgchartz for this because their sample size is small and they estimate total numbers based on previous performance; and it is entirely possible that the way that sales of Kinect are distributed are different than (typical) game sales or (typical) console sales.

Have you looked lately?  The bundles are starting to sell out too.  Interestingly it's the 4GB model that has the most availablity.  Either there are far less 250GB bundles or people just want the extra storage space.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/microsoft/xbox360elite/