By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect overtracked by 500k? PS3 > 360 weekly HW?

ethomaz said:
AussieGecko said:
ethomaz said:
forest-spirit said:
D-Joe said:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1134363p1.html

Microsoft clarified to IGN saying the reported Kinect sales are sold-through to customers.

I guess that kills this thread then...

Why? Sold or shipped it was still overtracked here.

how so? more than 1 million can = 1.3 million...

Yeah... more than 1 million could be 100 million too.

Yes it could be. But you are trying to say more than 1 million only equals 1 million. Which it doesnt. It means more. Learn the word more, VGChartz still may have it spot on. It doesnt mean its overtracked.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
AussieGecko said:
ethomaz said:
forest-spirit said:
D-Joe said:

Microsoft clarified to IGN saying the reported Kinect sales are sold-through to customers.

how so? more than 1 million can = 1.3 million...

Yeah... more than 1 million could be 100 million too.

If  it was 1.3 million they have said "more than 1.3 million" and not "more than 1 million".

Yeah becasue these companies dont round numbers at all.

ROLL EYES

whahah to funyy.

sony said 2.5mil move sold  everybody whas saying its shipped its shipped.

now mic says 1mil kinect sold  now everybody says  its to  consumers whhahah

Right....

hiroko said:

whahah to funyy.

sony said 2.5mil move sold  everybody whas saying its shipped its shipped.

now mic says 1mil kinect sold  now everybody says  its to  consumers whhahah

Right....

Because MS confirmed it was sold to consumers.

Sony said it shipped 2.5 million

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2010/10/sony-move-controllers-playstation-3-ship.html

How did you guys sign up for this site? It does not seem like you guys can even read.

Doobie_wop said:
Darth Tigris said:
scat398 said:

This is actually emabarrasing for some of the members on this site.  I've seen people try and spin but this just falls into the crazy category.  We all know this is a site with a more pro-sony and anti-ms community, but lets not take it to the next level where nothing can be accepted as fact unless it's positive for sony and negative for MS. 

Ms did a great job with hyping kinect and now they are being rewarded and VG chartz is too, by accuratley putting together solid numbers before the offical ones were released.  When our own community tries to discredit those numbers, it affects the people that we support (ioi, source and of course others), they deserve our respect and so do the numbers they work hard to put together.

This post is straight Frosted Flakes!

Please don't act like this is a Sony fan problem, people have been denying the Move sales numbers and the PS3's weekly sales for the last few weeks and I didn't see any of the people in here claiming 'VGChartz Loyalty!' putting down those naysayers. This is strictly a MS vs Sony thing for you guys, you'll only defend or deny anything that involves your preferred company.

OT: This thread is stupid, everyone's pointed out how you were wrong and the forum is now worse for it. People have got to think before making threads they know might attract negative attention.

except the PS3 numbers of the last few weeks got bumped up heavily arround oct 20th because of adjustments...  ioi confirmed he was fine with the surrent numbers, so i say ok, but I still feel that the adjustments should have been spread out a little more than just on October. I don't deny that the overall numbers should have gotten a bump, just how the bump was implemented.

Also the move sales are tricky as some people had the camera, other didn't and others bought more than one controler... look at the Wii, many many people have up to 4 wiimotes and almost everybody has at least 2 (wiiplay being a big reason of this), whereas kinnect... you can't have more than one even if you  want to. So it's understandable to debate over how many PS3 owners got the move, because there is a certain uncertainty on this (and as a matter of fact, even sony doesn't know, because although they could use PSN trophy accounts for an estimate by taking the ones with move only games, many PS3s are just not on the internet.).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

The clue is MORE than, MORE than would imply that it's MORE than, if the sales had hit 1.6M I am sure a 1.5M figure would have been used but seeing as it is below 1.5 and higher than 1 it would be logical that the real number is somewhere between 1.5 > x > 1, obviously rounding down to the nearest 0.5 because rounding up would result in made up numbers. I would guess that VGC numbers are near spot on or 50-100k off at max. 1.3M -500k = 800k? Isn't 1M > 800k? ... :S

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

It's pretty amazing that the mods and owner of this site in their efforts to get the most reliable numbers possible are willing to allow these kind of attacks against them in their very forums.  It also shows true professionalism that they're willing to listen to their critics when it's obvious that most, like the critic that made this thread, don't even take the time to make sure their interpreation of the numbers is correct.  They have my respect and I hope that they never let the critics get to them.

Well over 1M generally means close to 1M, probably between 1 and 1.1 because PR weaslespeak insists you make the numbers look as good as possible. Then again, he could not be doing his best to twist the numbers and it could actually be 1.3.

donsterydo2 said:

When Sony stated that they "sold" 2.5m of Move related hardware all the sony fanboys were like "2.5 m of unique users !!" but when M$ states clear that they sold at lest 1 m to consumers the same people are like "OMFG such a liars !!".

:p

its true, thier sold is meaning sold to retailers which is impressive

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ethomaz said:
forest-spirit said:
D-Joe said:

What the hell are you smoking?

MS: We sold MORE than 1 million to customers!
VGC: MS sold 1.3 million to customers!

This is a great achievement for VGC.  It could be 50k near the actual number.

And people doubt MS numbers as well, because they are not selling out and are available...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=119555&page=1&str=731056895#28

sure.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...