By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 45

donsterydo2 said:

Wait wait wait ! If KS is higher than BO on PC which if I count right should sell 63k in UK it gives at least 63k for KS in UK alone so Kinect could hit even 180k in UK alone O_o

Actually BO on PC did about 40k.

Around the Network
I LOVE GIGGS said:

Wow. Kinect did really well in UK!!

Kinect Sports sold ~60k!!

Kinect did better in UK than US!!

Lets wait for NPD numbers.

donsterydo2 said:

I update my prediction: KA should equal 3x KS numbers so in EMEA should sell at least 200k of Kinects.

I reckon a 1/3 attach rate for Kinect Sports sounds about right. Kinect Sports looks to be selling < JD2. JD2 sold 90K (whole of EMEAA)  last week, which was 81% of it's previous week. Figure this week will again be ~81% of last week for JD2 = 73K (JD2 went down even though Wii HW went up, hence JD2 should continue to trend downwards for a little while yet). Kinect Sports expected to be <73K for whole of EMEAA. Probably figure about 70K as an upper estimate.

70K Kinect Sports x 3 = 210K Kinect Adventures and hence Kinect.

Now for the 360 HW boost. In Americas 479K Kinects sold --> ~92K HW boost (Kinect plus seasonal lift of course) = 19% of Kinects sold. 19% of 210K = 40K. So expect a 40-50K boost for 360 in EMEAA. With PS3 likely to be a bit flat this week, in anticipation of GT5 next week, 360 could be > PS3 in EMEAA. However that'll probably be a 1 week effect in EMEAA and I expect PS3 will easily remain in 2nd place through the rest of the holidays in EMEAA. PS3 could take top spot if we are vastly underestimating the number of GT fans that have yet to make the transition from PS2 to PS3 (or who went 360/Wii until GT5 comes out).

Who takes 2nd and who takes 3rd WW in the Holidays will come down to whether America gap in favour of 360 > EMEAA Japan gap in favour of PS3. That is assuming Wii's solid rise back to respectability continues and puts it on top, which is not a certainty at this stage, though looking pretty likely given Kinect's biggest HW boost didn't put 360 that much beyond Wii's reach.

Nintendomination for 2010 incoming.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
donsterydo2 said:

I update my prediction: KA should equal 3x KS numbers so in EMEA should sell at least 200k of Kinects.

I reckon a 1/3 attach rate for Kinect Sports sounds about right. Kinect Sports looks to be selling < JD2. JD2 sold 90K (whole of EMEAA)  last week, which was 81% of it's previous week. Figure this week will again be ~81% of last week for JD2 = 73K (JD2 went down even though Wii HW went up, hence JD2 should continue to trend downwards for a little while yet). Kinect Sports expected to be <73K for whole of EMEAA. Probably figure about 70K as an upper estimate.

70K Kinect Sports x 3 = 210K Kinect Adventures and hence Kinect.

Now for the 360 HW boost. In Americas 479K Kinects sold --> ~92K HW boost (Kinect plus seasonal lift of course) = 19% of Kinects sold. 19% of 210K = 40K. So expect a 40-50K boost for 360 in EMEAA. With PS3 likely to be a bit flat this week, in anticipation of GT5 next week, 360 could be > PS3 in EMEAA. However that'll probably be a 1 week effect in EMEAA and I expect PS3 will easily remain in 2nd place through the rest of the holidays in EMEAA. PS3 could take top spot if we are vastly underestimating the number of GT fans that have yet to make the transition from PS2 to PS3 (or who went 360/Wii until GT5 comes out).

Who takes 2nd and who takes 3rd WW in the Holidays will come down to whether America gap in favour of 360 > EMEAA Japan gap in favour of PS3. That is assuming Wii's solid rise back to respectability continues and puts it on top, which is not a certainty at this stage, though looking pretty likely given Kinect's biggest HW boost didn't put 360 that much beyond Wii's reach.

Nintendomination for 2010 incoming.

We will have to wait and See but i expect 360 to dominate Americas.

sully1311 said:

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 13 November 2010

LW

TW     Title Format Label Publisher

13 25     STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED II XB360 LUCASARTS LUCASARTS

16 33     STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED II PS3 LUCASARTS LUCASARTS

worrying big drop....its not gonna sell Force Unleashed levels.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Sports Champions out of top40 in UK.

No move games in the top 40.

ArcticGabe said:

As expected from a Wii Rip Off people will buy Wii instead of Move...

Kinect on the other hand something new will sell like hot cakes.

seems like fable 3 will do 80kish this week in emeaa very good

viStaR said:
ArcticGabe said:

As expected from a Wii Rip Off people will buy Wii instead of Move...

Kinect on the other hand something new will sell like hot cakes.

I believe calling Move a Wii rip off has been declared a bannable offence here, unless I'm mis-remembering a recent edict from on high about trolling against each of the system's motion control offerings.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

nvm, it seems the 360 will have a great week.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)