By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 45

Awh only 17/40 of the games are 360 I was hoping for 50%

Around the Network

Dude 360 is dominating.

Pretty awesome for Kinect then. I think the estimates of about 200k look about right. Am sure someone will leak the numbers eventually anyway. It does in my opinion raise a few questions about the american kinect numbers though. Because this chart was until 13th november meaning it is only 3 days of Kinect sales in UK. Hasen't included a weekend of sales yet. If Kinect Sports has done at bare minimum 60k and that is 3rd then Kinect Adventures will have done so much more then that. If we use VGC numbers for US we see Sports sold 142k in US. With Kinect selling 479k. Meaning Kinect Sports has a 1 in 3 ratio in US.  If we apply the same ratio to UK then that would mean at bare minimum 180k Kinects sold in UK (60k x 3) as others have already mentioned. So at a rough estimate 200k looks about right. Question is would US really only sell 200k more then the UK did in 3 days? I find that very hard to believe. Especially considering it seems sold out at most places on both sides of the atlantic.

Oh just noticed, Halo: Reach the only game in UK Top 40 to rise this week, 5 places as well.

Kinect Sports might sell 1 million copies at the end of the year. Great job.

Kinect did really well in UK.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Might? It's at 440k now lol, will be past 750k by end of Black Friday

Seece said:
DirtyP2002 said:

True. But I thought that 20% of the userbase own Kinect would be big (assuming the 5 million expectation is correct) 

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Seece said:
DirtyP2002 said:

True. But I thought that 20% of the userbase own Kinect would be big (assuming the 5 million expectation is correct) 

Like I said previously, I only expect the ratio to go up, not down, as holidays kick in and people buy more SW, and people buying Kinect games over xmas for the already bought Kinects.

viStaR said:
binary solo said:
donsterydo2 said:

I update my prediction: KA should equal 3x KS numbers so in EMEA should sell at least 200k of Kinects.

I reckon a 1/3 attach rate for Kinect Sports sounds about right. Kinect Sports looks to be selling < JD2. JD2 sold 90K (whole of EMEAA)  last week, which was 81% of it's previous week. Figure this week will again be ~81% of last week for JD2 = 73K (JD2 went down even though Wii HW went up, hence JD2 should continue to trend downwards for a little while yet). Kinect Sports expected to be <73K for whole of EMEAA. Probably figure about 70K as an upper estimate.

70K Kinect Sports x 3 = 210K Kinect Adventures and hence Kinect.

Now for the 360 HW boost. In Americas 479K Kinects sold --> ~92K HW boost (Kinect plus seasonal lift of course) = 19% of Kinects sold. 19% of 210K = 40K. So expect a 40-50K boost for 360 in EMEAA. With PS3 likely to be a bit flat this week, in anticipation of GT5 next week, 360 could be > PS3 in EMEAA. However that'll probably be a 1 week effect in EMEAA and I expect PS3 will easily remain in 2nd place through the rest of the holidays in EMEAA. PS3 could take top spot if we are vastly underestimating the number of GT fans that have yet to make the transition from PS2 to PS3 (or who went 360/Wii until GT5 comes out).

Who takes 2nd and who takes 3rd WW in the Holidays will come down to whether America gap in favour of 360 > EMEAA Japan gap in favour of PS3. That is assuming Wii's solid rise back to respectability continues and puts it on top, which is not a certainty at this stage, though looking pretty likely given Kinect's biggest HW boost didn't put 360 that much beyond Wii's reach.

Nintendomination for 2010 incoming.

We will have to wait and See but i expect 360 to dominate Americas.

And UK

MW2 sold 57% on 360 and 40% on PS3. Compared to Black ops which did 55% on 360 and 42% on PS3.