By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: Final Fantasy Agito XIII for Nintendo 3DS and VS to 360?

http://hatimaki.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-1280.html

Might be interesting for some <_<

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:

Would you honestly be happy if Gears of War went multiplat?

Gears is different, as Microsoft has a direct hand in the game.  It'd be more like if Portal 2 went multi (hey, wait...).

They have a hand, no doubt, but overall, the IP is Epic's. I'm just giving a theory, not really trying to get technical and all.

Though Portal 2 is a bad example, as not only is it a PC centric game, but the Source engine is hardly known to push hardware (these days, that is).

Well, Gears going multi is more like if Heavenly Rain went multi.  The hardware maker is so involved with the game, at every step (development, funding, marketing, publishing, media, etc) that they might as well be 1st party games, despite who actually owns the IP.  Hell, Microsoft actually has staff who are dedicated just to Gears of War and Shadow Complex coordination.  It's a terrible comparison.

VXIII said:

dude I cant read scribbles!!!

Lyrikalstylez said:
VXIII said:

dude I cant read scribbles!!!

You can look at the screenshots though , it's a comparison, ther upper ones from 2008 and older ( the Exclusive built ) the others from 2009 ( multi ) , nice polishing job huh ;P

Edit : And NO , I don't blame the 360 , that's not the point that I'm making .

jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:

Gears is different, as Microsoft has a direct hand in the game.  It'd be more like if Portal 2 went multi (hey, wait...).

They have a hand, no doubt, but overall, the IP is Epic's. I'm just giving a theory, not really trying to get technical and all.

Though Portal 2 is a bad example, as not only is it a PC centric game, but the Source engine is hardly known to push hardware (these days, that is).

Well, Gears going multi is more like if Heavenly Rain went multi.  The hardware maker is so involved with the game, at every step (development, funding, marketing, publishing, media, etc) that they might as well be 1st party games, despite who actually owns the IP.  Hell, Microsoft actually has staff who are dedicated just to Gears of War and Shadow Complex coordination.  It's a terrible comparison.

Heavenly Rain? I'll just take that as a means of using Heavenly Sword and Heavy Rain as examples.

Again, man, I'm completely aware, but like I said, I was just trying to throw out an example of a game that pushes hardware. Not really about what can go multiplat and what can't.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:

Heavenly Rain? I'll just take that as a means of using Heavenly Sword and Heavy Rain as examples.

Again, man, I'm completely aware, but like I said, I was just trying to throw out an example of a game that pushes hardware. Not really about what can go multiplat and what can't.

Gears is more a UE3 than a 360 showcase though... sure it looks great, but I'm not sure how much it's pushing the 360 specifically even.

jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:

Gears is more a UE3 than a 360 showcase though... sure it looks great, but I'm not sure how much it's pushing the 360 specifically even.

Epic Games did say they're really pushing the Xbox 360 hardware with Gears of War 3, and it's paying off greatly from what I've seen, so...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

A203D said:
Darc Requiem said:
A203D said:
FinalEvangelion said:

This one is obviously a fake, but I do think both will happen.

I just hope with Versus, there can be a required HD install for the world map / game data so that they won't have to resort to a more linear solution.  I do think working out the DVD split had something to do with the linearity of FF XIII.

I dont think this is the case personally, because in mass effect 2 you have to switch the discs once in the middle then once again at the end. so i think they couldve just used this approach to revisiting previous areas, replay, etc.

i think it was always planned to be linear before the 360 port, but maybe it wasnt - dont really know...

lol, what do you mean, i still think it was planned to be linear. do you think it was planned to be more like FF12, then they decided to change it??

My guess from his post history is he's trying to say that absolutely nothing changed when they decided to go multiplat.

But, I'm not going to push my view about what I think changed in the game.  It seems any criticism of the multiplat decision gets me branded as a crazy sony fanboy troll here - even though I never do troll stuff I don't like here.  I don't think it would have been magically a great game if it had been exclusive, but I do think some decisions had to be made in order to accomodate both console's limitations.  I'm mostly basing from what I've heard from people I know in the industry, but I would have no way of proving that on a message board - so I won't continue trying to push my views.  The companies won't outright say what they had to change, but one of the guys at SE did let it slip that half of the content was cut out.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:

The companies won't outright say what they had to change, but one of the guys at SE did let it slip that half of the content was cut out.

Source?  Because the widely publicized post-mordem pretty squarely laid the lack of content at the feet of HD asset creation (ie: it took too long and cost too much).  If there really was a version of FFXIII with double the content, it'd have taken around 8 years to make and probably pushed the budget north of $200m.

What was cut was the postgame DLC scenarios and it's not clear if that was due to 360 or PS3 (360 has stricter regulations on pricepoints and scheduling, but PS3 has higher fees for hosting and a fragmented approval/QA process), but the rumor is now that stuff's being reworked into a new "FFXIII-2" game or something anyway.

Everyone is quick to say it's fake but the real news here is that we all know that both scenarios are entirely possible. I would not be surprised if they were confirmed at the FNC conference.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"