By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGChartz! I need your ADVICE on WOMEN!

loves2splooge said:

Lol. Gotta love Japan. Just wait until virtual reality hits gaming (we've had motion controls for a few years and we only started the 3D stuff. But when will we get Virtual Reality? That's where it's at). If they came out with a Playstation, Xbox or Nintendo system (If Microsoft wants to gain marketshare in Japan, this is the way to do it) that hooks up to your brain and creates a realistic virtual reality fantasy chicks with the end-user experiencing realistic sensations and everything, the birth rate would plummet considerably.

Certainly if government programs can work to reduce populations, government programs could more easily be installed to create them. But that's rather off topic

I am trying to help her out secretly, though. Part of our internship program requires us to get an informational interview. All of us at my internship have been relying on our boss, who's pretty well-connected, to set us up, but she's proven relatively unreliable. I got mine (fortunately), but she has not, and the semester's running out quick. She's going to resort to cold-calling (shudders). I offered her some help, but she denied it, so i've been reaching out secretly through an anonymous e-mail account to try and secure some aid.

Should put her in a better mood, anyway

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
loves2splooge said:

Dude we're kind of in the same boat. I did have a girlfriend once long ago though. But honestly I'm pretty much a recluse who pretty much spends his free time in front of a computer or a gaming system. In order to even have a chance in hell of having a girlfriend that I'm attracted to (this is key. After all, if a chick is cool to hang out with but I'm not attracted, we might as well just be friends and enjoy each other's company without having to complicate things) I would have to "level up" my social skills attributes considerably. Something that I've had real trouble finding the motivation to do. It takes a lot of work. A lot of work that I don't want to go through. I've compromised on this a bit lately with the reasoning that I should put in the effort to socally interact more often and take it easy with the computer and videogame stuff because improving my social skills is financially worthwhile (moar social skills = better chance of making a good first impression to employers = better chance of getting hired and getting promotions.)

And to be honest, I find the type of grinding you do in videogames to be a lot more fun than the type of grinding required in real life to get a girlfriend. I feel like it's way too much work for me to try to get a girlfriend. The way I see it, if I was really that lonely and I really "needed" a girlfriend, don't you think I would be motivated enough by now to actually go out there and get a girlfriend? I find personally that life as a recluse (do your typical daily routine, go to work, come home and just relax in front of a computer or with a videogame) is very comfortable. So comfortable that it's difficult for me to sacrifice my comfort at the chance of finding this thing they call "love" (and the more I think about it, the more shallow this "love" thing seems to be. Love is mostly about wanting to be around someone that makes you feel good (narcissism) and sex. You don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend to feel good. My laptop, high speed internet connection and my game systems make me feel good. It's instant gratification compared to going through all the bullshit hoops to get a girlfriend. The praise I get from my boss and my co-workers makes me feel good. And you certaintly don't need sex (It's only needed to prevent extinction. But with there being so much immigration to North America, we don't have to worry about that anytime soon anyway). After I attend to my "business", I'm good for a few days.)

You and I have a great deal in common. It's like you're describing my life.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Well Mr. Khan, I think taking her out for a movie is not such a bad idea at all. Try look for things you have in common..oes she like games? I saw that you have Kirby's Epic Yarn...she will think that it is the cutest thing ever. Take it nice and slow, compliment her like a few others suggested. Most important of all, hang on to every word she says, listen to her.

Tell us how it goes and please do not count the money you "spend on her"...

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Johann said:
loves2splooge said:

Dude we're kind of in the same boat. I did have a girlfriend once long ago though. But honestly I'm pretty much a recluse who pretty much spends his free time in front of a computer or a gaming system. In order to even have a chance in hell of having a girlfriend that I'm attracted to (this is key. After all, if a chick is cool to hang out with but I'm not attracted, we might as well just be friends and enjoy each other's company without having to complicate things) I would have to "level up" my social skills attributes considerably. Something that I've had real trouble finding the motivation to do. It takes a lot of work. A lot of work that I don't want to go through. I've compromised on this a bit lately with the reasoning that I should put in the effort to socally interact more often and take it easy with the computer and videogame stuff because improving my social skills is financially worthwhile (moar social skills = better chance of making a good first impression to employers = better chance of getting hired and getting promotions.)

And to be honest, I find the type of grinding you do in videogames to be a lot more fun than the type of grinding required in real life to get a girlfriend. I feel like it's way too much work for me to try to get a girlfriend. The way I see it, if I was really that lonely and I really "needed" a girlfriend, don't you think I would be motivated enough by now to actually go out there and get a girlfriend? I find personally that life as a recluse (do your typical daily routine, go to work, come home and just relax in front of a computer or with a videogame) is very comfortable. So comfortable that it's difficult for me to sacrifice my comfort at the chance of finding this thing they call "love" (and the more I think about it, the more shallow this "love" thing seems to be. Love is mostly about wanting to be around someone that makes you feel good (narcissism) and sex. You don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend to feel good. My laptop, high speed internet connection and my game systems make me feel good. It's instant gratification compared to going through all the bullshit hoops to get a girlfriend. The praise I get from my boss and my co-workers makes me feel good. And you certaintly don't need sex (It's only needed to prevent extinction. But with there being so much immigration to North America, we don't have to worry about that anytime soon anyway). After I attend to my "business", I'm good for a few days.)

I subscribe to these viewpoints as well, i'm just not the kind to pass up opportunities as they emerge in this case, but i place a lower value on these investments than most

Dude ask her out to the movie!

Seriously I used to be a candy ass and was afraid to talk to women/ask them out but then I realized 2 things. 1 is if you never ask a girl out you'll never find out if she likes you. And 2 is if you ask a girl out and she says no then what changed in your life? You weren't going out with her before and you still aren't.

Only good things can happen if you ask a girl out.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Johann said:

I subscribe to these viewpoints as well, i'm just not the kind to pass up opportunities as they emerge in this case, but i place a lower value on these investments than most.

I was like that too once. Having my heart torn out of my chest, lit on fire and smashed with a shovel changed all that.

Now I fail to see any point in pursuing those things.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

How did this thread turned into a dr. Phil episode? >_>

anyway:

You have the duty and gift of living. You don't have the right to sit on the sidelines--use your life and get back into the game.

Dr. Phil McGraw

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Chairman-Mao said:

Dude ask her out to the movie!

Seriously I used to be a candy ass and was afraid to talk to women/ask them out but then I realized 2 things. 1 is if you never ask a girl out you'll never find out if she likes you. And 2 is if you ask a girl out and she says no then what changed in your life? You weren't going out with her before and you still aren't.

Only good things can happen if you ask a girl out.

I've already purchased the ticket, merely haven't informed her about it. I fear appearing too over-eager, and will inform her the next time i see her (Monday or Tuesday depending on if i skip the lecture all the interns are supposed to go to on Monday or not. I like the 19th amendment as much as the next guy, but i'm not sure i want to hear someone speak for an hour and a half on it)

her friends being there really hurts any chances of it as anywhere near a date anyway, but face time is face time

Kasz216 said:

Also mention that you dig giant robots.

I hear chicks dig giant robots.

funny you say that,cos my gf just proclaimed her love for robots :) didn't mention any "giant" though,and this isnt some nerdy chick either...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

loves2splooge said:

I used to be like that,spending all my time playing games and stuff.Then i realised how overweight and socially inept i had become and started getting back into it. Though the journey was hard,it was all worth it when people started complimenting me on my change in appearance and although I'm still learning new things,my life is definitely getting better.This year iv really changed and now iv got my first serious girlfriend so I'm happy. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with your lifestyle, I'm just saying that if you want to change, it is possible :) 

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"