By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGChartz! I need your ADVICE on WOMEN!

I always ask that question because I always gots to know if somebody's romantic interest is a gamer

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

I always ask that question because I always gots to know if somebody's romantic interest is a gamer

Profoundly difficult. I rarely meet many gamers of either gender, at least, not really dedicated gamers

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

Profoundly difficult. I rarely meet many gamers of either gender, at least, not really dedicated gamers

What it comes down to is: will the woman play New Super Mario Bros. Wii with you? Or Mario Kart?

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

What it comes down to is: will the woman play New Super Mario Bros. Wii with you? Or Mario Kart?

One step at a time, cowboy. First i have to figure out if one of my schemes hasn't completely blown up in my face, then i have to actually tell her i'm going to the Harry Potter showing

Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

One step at a time, cowboy. First i have to figure out if one of my schemes hasn't completely blown up in my face, then i have to actually tell her i'm going to the Harry Potter showing

If you're "scheming" then you're doing it wrong. This isn't some wacky bishojo manga.

Ask her if she'd like to come over and play video games sometime. Telling you; you will learn a lot about her based on her answer.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

Listen here.

What are the interests you share with this classy lady?

well, i would like to bang her.

Hoo-rah,Mr Khan,
Hoo-rah.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

Sometimes you can't really judge that till after you've dated for a while.

I wouldn't of expected my girlfriend to play those games with me, but she later turned out to really enjoy it.

From Mario Kart, to Trauma Center to like.... Gladius.... the SRPG for gamecube that had the most tacked on co-op in the hisotry of gaming.  (You press start and 2nd player takes control of half the characters... removing the need to pass the controller... i guess.)

Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

Sometimes you can't really judge that till after you've dated for a while.

I wouldn't of expected my girlfriend to play those games with me, but she later turned out to really enjoy it.

From Mario Kart, to Trauma Center to like.... Gladius.... the SRPG for gamecube that had the most tacked on co-op in the hisotry of gaming.  (You press start and 2nd player takes control of half the characters... removing the need to pass the controller... i guess.)

There's two reasons for this.

1. Me and the wife are of the opinion that the current state of gaming in popular culture means there is no excuse for gamers to get into long-term relationships with non-gamers - or, at least, people who are hostile to the pasttime.

2. Mario games are excellent ice breakers and can make for a very good, very relaxed date with absolutely no pressure.

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

If you're "scheming" then you're doing it wrong. This isn't some wacky bishojo manga.

Ask her if she'd like to come over and play video games sometime. Telling you; you will learn a lot about her based on her answer.

Well in this case it was a matter of me wanting to help her get something that, for some reason, she really didn't want help on, but i figured if i did it right, results could be acquired with no-one being the wiser, as long as the people on the other end were both trustworthy and non-suspicious

It was a purely selfless scheme, if rather ill-advised

Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

Well in this case it was a matter of me wanting to help her get something that, for some reason, she really didn't want help on, but i figured if i did it right, results could be acquired with no-one being the wiser, as long as the people on the other end were both trustworthy and non-suspicious

It was a purely selfless scheme, if rather ill-advised

Ill-advised is a good word for it, yes. If it's really anonymous then stop waiting for the results on it.

Ask her out on a date, ya wee naff. Say to her, "Listen, money's kind of tight, but I'd love to spend some time with you - would you like to play video games or something, sometime?"

All this AFTER your Rube Goldman Machine-esque plot either comes together or explodes into a ball of fire

Let her know about the Harry Potter thing as soon as possible (which would mean more or less NOW). Ask her to play video games after the dang ol' movie - the day after the movie, after you've had plenty of time to hash out the things you did and didn't like about the film. Late in the day after the film is what I'm saying.