By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The not-quite official GOTY thread (2010)

Antabus said:
Conegamer said:

Also, I know this isn't really relevant, but WTH!

http://www.destructoid.com/nominees-for-spike-video-game-awards-2010-revealed-187945.phtml

I mean, there are al sorts of wrong with this list. Here are just a few;

1. Where on Earth is Galaxy 2 in the GOTY catergory, and even the Best Soundtrack catergory!

2. Why are the only Wii games on the list in the "best Wii game" catergory!

3. Why is BlOps in sooooooooo many catergoires? It's only been out 1 week!

4. WHERE ON EARTH IS MONSTER HUNTER TRI!

There's many, many more issues with this list. It's reasons like this why it's better to just ask people in this fashion as opposed to shortlisting. No bias that way!

1) Maybe the people who made the list does not consider it to be goty-material..?

2) SMG2 is at best action-adventure list, PGA11 on best individual sports game, FIFA/Madden on best team sports game, rock band 3 on best music game, Kirby's epic yarn on best graphics(?!).

3) Maybe it is a good game?

4) Where it belongs. ;P

2.) Which wii game you would want to be nominated in following categories? This should be interesting, since those are some of my favourite genres. :P

-Shooter

-RPG

-Driving

Shooter- Goldeneye

RPG- Arc Rise Fantasia/ Monster Hunter Tri

Driving-F1 2010

In fairness, don't forget with RPG Xenoblade and The Last Story coming out, Shooter has the CODs, Primes and Conduit, and driving has Mario Kart. Not a "bad" list with poor genres for the Wii!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Also, MHTri where it belongs? You serious?

Conegamer said:
Antabus said:

1) Maybe the people who made the list does not consider it to be goty-material..?

2) SMG2 is at best action-adventure list, PGA11 on best individual sports game, FIFA/Madden on best team sports game, rock band 3 on best music game, Kirby's epic yarn on best graphics(?!).

4) Where it belongs. ;P

2.) Which wii game you would want to be nominated in following categories? This should be interesting, since those are some of my favourite genres. :P

-Shooter

-RPG

-Driving

Shooter- Goldeneye

Driving-F1 2010

In fairness, don't forget with RPG Xenoblade and The Last Story coming out, Shooter has the CODs, Primes and Conduit, and driving has Mario Kart. Not a "bad" list with poor genres for the Wii!

So you think Goldeneye is a better shooter than Reach,Bioshock2,Black ops and Bad company 2? I guess you can see it being better than some of those games... I don't. Critics too disagree with you.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/goldeneye-007

Monster Hunter Tri had a higher metascore than FF XIII but that is not a rpg, is it? Arc rise fantasia looks definitely goty material:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/arc-rise-fantasia

F1 2010 is not a wii game...?

And yes, monster hunter is where it belongs. Not on the goty lists.

Antabus said:
Conegamer said:
Antabus said:

4) Where it belongs. ;P

-Shooter

-RPG

-Driving

Shooter- Goldeneye

Driving-F1 2010

So you think Goldeneye is a better shooter than Reach,Bioshock2,Black ops and Bad company 2? I guess you can see it being better than some of those games... I don't. Critics too disagree with you.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/goldeneye-007

Monster Hunter Tri had a higher metascore than FF XIII but that is not a rpg, is it? Arc rise fantasia looks definitely goty material:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/arc-rise-fantasia

F1 2010 is not a wii game...?

And yes, monster hunter is where it belongs. Not on the goty lists.

Metacritic doesn't mean everything...play these games first, then decide

The press don't take kindly to Wii games, so the scores are skewed down. I can vouch for all those games (infact, I was playing F1 2010 on the Wii today!)

Finally, have you played Tri?

For over 200 hours like me?

Didn't think so ;)

Looks as though DKCR, Epic Mickey and GT5 could be well up there by the end of the year...

...now the laborious task of putting all this information into a grid, only for it to be changed at the end of the year...

Around the Network

i want in but i gotta play GT5 first...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:

i want in but i gotta play GT5 first...

What if GT5 doesn't live up to expectations? What if it's no beter than any previous GT game?

Now, I have some high hopes for this game, but I don't think it'l be GOTY material...

i want to join!

-1- gt5  i know its not out yet but im 100% sure that its going to get that title as i loved prologue.

-2- read dead redemption

-3- starcraft 2

-4- god of war 3

-5- assasins creed:brotherhood

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

i want to join!

-1- gt5  i know its not out yet but im 100% sure that its going to get that title as i loved prologue.

-2- read dead redemption

-3- starcraft 2

-4- god of war 3

Hmm...I hope so, but still,hedging your bets on a game like this isn't a great idea...

Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:

i want to join!

-2- read dead redemption

-3- starcraft 2

-4- god of war 3

Hmm...I hope so, but still,hedging your bets on a game like this isn't a great idea...

i played prologue this year and if it released this year it would have been my goty. so unless gt5 isnt better then prologue then its not going to be my goty.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good