By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The not-quite official GOTY thread (2010)

darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I guess I'll give you my tentative list for now Conegamer

Subject to serious changeL

1. Final Fantasy XIII (DKCR could top this if its as good as the DKC1.....a feat no platformer has accomplished since DKC1's release for me)

2. Kingdom Hearts : Birth By Sleep (GT5, DKCR could top this)

3. Metal Gear solid : Peace Walker (GT5, DKCR could top this)

4. Mass Effect 2 (GT5, DKCR, Epic Mickey could top this)

5. NIER (GT5, DKCR, Epic mickey, Assassins Creed Brotherhood could top this)

So yeah it'll change.....who knows by how much but I think DKCr and GT5 should for sure make it into the top 5....Epic Mickey...maybe

all your games suck :D

So do 3 of yours

so we conclude that
only kingdom hearts BBS and nier does not suck

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

1. Final Fantasy XIII (DKCR could top this if its as good as the DKC1.....a feat no platformer has accomplished since DKC1's release for me)

So yeah it'll change.....who knows by how much but I think DKCr and GT5 should for sure make it into the top 5....Epic Mickey...maybe

It's nice to se that you've finally got some sort of list together Darth, no mater how tentative!

You REALLY reckon DKCR wil be that good? I don't know if you've seen these, but here's some videos;

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=21436

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=21486

After looking at those I think that maybe you could be right. All lists are subject to change until all variables are eliminated, however, we shall have to see!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:

So do 3 of yours

so we conclude that

Woah people, everyone has there own opinions, none of which can be wrong!

Not everyone has the same taste in gaming, you know. However, I believe this list is fairly solid, however, as he says, it's subject to change!

Conegamer said:
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:

So do 3 of yours

so we conclude that

Not everyone has the same taste in gaming, you know. However, I believe this list is fairly solid, however, as he says, it's subject to change!

haha, don't worrry, me and darth are just playing around and you don't know that :P

or maybe you were using sarchasm. ahhh so confused

ishiki said:
Conegamer said:
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:

So do 3 of yours

so we conclude that

haha, don't worrry, me and darth are just playing around and you don't know that :P

or maybe you were using sarchasm. ahhh so confused

OF COURSE sacrcasm doesn't come up well on the internet...

Or is that sarcastic?

Mind=blown

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:

It's nice to se that you've finally got some sort of list together Darth, no mater how tentative!

You REALLY reckon DKCR wil be that good? I don't know if you've seen these, but here's some videos;

After looking at those I think that maybe you could be right. All lists are subject to change until all variables are eliminated, however, we shall have to see!

Yeah those videos and the last trailer which had a old DKC theme in it were awesome

I dunno I just felt some magic while seeing it....I dunno if that'll translate into how my actual experience will be..but after gameinformers kind words about it, after seeing things about the game....I think this might be for me anyway a platformer that will come close to making me feel how DKC1 made me feel!!

Finger's Crossed!

And Epic Mickey is a real wild horse at the moment....I really hope its awesome...it has so many things going for it

And GT5....well nuff said

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Yeah those videos and the last trailer which had a old DKC theme in it were awesome

I dunno I just felt some magic while seeing it....I dunno if that'll translate into how my actual experience will be..but after gameinformers kind words about it, after seeing things about the game....I think this might be for me anyway a platformer that will come close to making me feel how DKC1 made me feel!!

Finger's Crossed!

And Epic Mickey is a real wild horse at the moment....I really hope its awesome...it has so many things going for it

You mean it's an unknown capacity that may or may not live up to peoples stratospheric hype predictions? I hope it does...

Also, new review (i.e. first in the WORLD) review in the new ONM! And I get it first, because I subscribe. I hope it's good! 

Hopefully, it'l also have the Epic Mickey review in (I'm doubtful it'l have the GT5 review in!)

I also get a nostalgia feeling about it, I hope (and expect) it to score over 90 on metacritic!

Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Finger's Crossed!

You mean it's an unknown capacity that may or may not live up to peoples stratospheric hype predictions? I hope it does...

Also, new review (i.e. first in the WORLD) review in the new ONM! And I get it first, because I subscribe. I hope it's good! 

Hopefully, it'l also have the Epic Mickey review in (I'm doubtful it'l have the GT5 review in!)

I also get a nostalgia feeling about it, I hope (and expect) it to score over 90 on metacritic!

I hope it does too....TBH I am not as hyped as I was (the delays got to me in the end)....and GT games have never been GOTY for me in the year they release.....but they have always been within the top 5 and have always been amazing "experiences"....GT5 should be the same. 

Cool make a thread once you get your ONM telling us the scores DKCr and Epic Mickey got!!!!!

I think DKCr should get 90 plus...previews have been raving about it!! I wonder where Epic Mickey will end up

Because its been such an awesome year I'd like to give honorable mentions to the following:

- Red Dead Redemption

- Super Mario Galaxy 2

- Valkyria Chronicles 2

- Yakuza 3

- Dragon Quest IX

- Heavy Rain

darthdevidem01 said:

Because its been such an awesome year I'd like to give honorable mentions to the following:

- Red Dead Redemption

- Super Mario Galaxy 2

- Valkyria Chronicles 2

- Yakuza 3

- Dragon Quest IX

- Heavy Rain

you don't wanna know what I'd give those games