By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Do Bad Wii Games Get Reviewed So Quickly?

I think part of it is reviewers trying to attract new users to their sites. Nearly everyone is going to review COD, but a much smaller group will review a specific piece of shovelware, post a review of it and your going to get traffic from people googling it looking for a review.

Also another problem game reviewers have is big developers get really angry when they give low scores to Big hits at release (Fallout New Vegas anyone?) and then threaten to pull add revenue. So you want to make sure that your review is accurate because the developer will call you on it and if the review is low well you might just want to wait a couple weeks before publishing it...

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Ah, any day now, any day now. Now that PS3 and 360 both have their own motion control schemes, Nintendo's definitely going down, and hard. Just you wait!

The funny thing is...

I only ever see Nintendo fans saying such things :/

Carl2291 said:
Cheebee said:

Ah, any day now, any day now. Now that PS3 and 360 both have their own motion control schemes, Nintendo's definitely going down, and hard. Just you wait!

The funny thing is...

I've seen a few haters claim it here and there. It was more common before it was obvious that the games would be just Wii ripoffs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Mr Khan said:

You really need to put 100 hours minimum into Monster Hunter Tri to review it. Most reviewers these days aren't that strong

Most reviewers would shit their pants staring down Rathalos in all his horribleness. There i said it :)

And yet that doesn't apply to Black Ops, which I anticipate could be finished in the duration of an average bowel movement.

Note to self, move tv to bathroom

Yakuzaice said:

I've never understood how some of these sites seem to review every piece of shovelware,

They are doing it to get more site hits. They probably spend more time writing the review than actually playing the game.

Around the Network
maf said:
Yakuzaice said:

I've never understood how some of these sites seem to review every piece of shovelware,

They are doing it to get more site hits. They probably spend more time writing the review than actually playing the game.

this

I remember looking at the review for Axis of Evil and the pics said, "Trial Version"

Human contact, the final frontier.

the_lonely_gamer_123 said:
maf said:
Yakuzaice said:

this

I remember looking at the review for Axis of Evil and the pics said, "Trial Version"

So even when negative, reviews are suspect... which some of us already suspect happens even with "core" Wii games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Carl2291 said:
Cheebee said:

The funny thing is...

Yes, you're absolutely right.

Nintendo fans were the ones who originally started the whole doom and gloom thing, absolutely.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I think that there is also some snobbery involved. The Wii has moved gaming in a direction that many traditional gamers (such as those who write reviews) probably do not like.  No longer was "bigger" as in bigger graphics automatically "better" as in a better game. So they are anxious to show shovelware as to how bad the system is.

That being said, the lack of reviews for the Wii is more of a universal than it is a targeted problem.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

In all honesty though, how can an adult reviewer tackle a game called "Baby Sitting Mama" any other way?