By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty Black Ops Single Player

Barozi said:
Munkeh111 said:
Barozi said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I only played 4 missions so far, and I must say the third one was pretty cool because it was the most "calm" one. With that said, I think there's wayyy too much stuff happening at the same time in this single player campaign. I know COD games are known for being cinematic and stuff, but this one is just too extreme (so far)! First you're having a fight with someone, then there's people everywhere beating people up, then you get out and you're being bombarded by a turret, then helicopters and explosions everywhere, then you get a chain gun and explode everything, and then a motorcycle ride and then you get on a truck and destroy helicopters and more trucks and FINALLY you have to jump on a train! I mean WTF just happened?

You can't really take your breath with this game. And I don't even want to think how some parts are going to be atrociously hard on Veteran difficulty. This is no Modern Warfare 2 that's for sure!

Overall, I'd recommend it if you're in the mood to play CoD games. If not, well go play a few of the old ones to get in the beat because this one starts really really fast!

Veteran mode is really easy just like in Modern Warfare 2.

Completed the game twice. Regular and Veteran and the Veteran difficulty only took me 1 and a half hour longer than the Regular playthrough.

OT: really great singleplayer mode. Probably the second best behind CoD4, but unfortunately it's still pretty short.

My times: 4:40 on Regular and 6:15 on Veteran.

How did you complete is that quickly, I was at least 6 hours on hardened

Well was it your first playthrough ?

Veteran was obviously my second, so I skipped the loading scenes and already knew what to do. There were also hardly any parts that were really difficult. One in Vorkuta I think (before you get the mini gun) and one very short part at the end of the rooftop level (which I found incredibly bad designed on Veteran. Only talking about this last scene with the pistol, but also the whole level was probably the hardest. Took me an hour alone to finish it.) but nothing else AFAIR. 

Really? I thought that it would be the 3rd last level, where I was convinced I had infinite enemies running at me

Around the Network

Guess it is good I didnt buy it for the online games because I went to try it and sat waiting for 10mins with it saying please wait.

Munkeh111 said:

Really? I thought that it would be the 3rd last level, where I was convinced I had infinite enemies running at me

Which one ? Rebirth ?

yes I can confirm that there are parts with infinite spawning enemies. ( also in some other levels)

There was this long hallway that was filled with enemies and it was pretty hard to advance, right ?

Nevertheless the rest of the level wasn't that hard IMO.

Barozi said:
Munkeh111 said:

Which one ? Rebirth ?

yes I can confirm that there are parts with infinite spawning enemies. ( also in some other levels)

There was this long hallway that was filled with enemies and it was pretty hard to advance, right ?

I was thinking in the labs, very near the end

Munkeh111 said:
Barozi said:
Munkeh111 said:

Which one ? Rebirth ?

In the labs....

I really don't know if the place I mentioned and the one you mentioned is the same level.

I know for sure yours is Rebirth. You're talking about the Mason/Reznov part of the level right ?
I remember the scene where you come into a room and someone throws a desk on the floor right in front of you and behind that is the hallway I'm talking about. Should be a bit after you first enter the labs, which was a bit annoying (died a couple of times on Regular because I was too impatient).

You also had a crossbow as a secondary weapon.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Munkeh111 said:
Barozi said:
Munkeh111 said:

Which one ? Rebirth ?

In the labs....

I really don't know if the place I mentioned and the one you mentioned is the same level.

I know for sure yours is Rebirth. You're talking about the Mason/Reznov part of the level right ?
I remember the scene were you come into a room and someone throws  a desk on the floor right in front of you and behind that is the hallway I'm talking about. Should be a bit after you first enter the labs, which were a bit annoying (died a couple of times on Regular because I was too impatient).

You also had a crossbow as a secondary weapon.

It was after a lift, playing as Mason, so probably around the same time.

ok...2nd try editting this mistake....is it going to work? I guess dont use the quote tab then?

EDIT: well it worked.. Im just gonna say the single player was awesome and the best in the COD series.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Games4Fun said:

Guess it is good I didnt buy it for the online games because I went to try it and sat waiting for 10mins with it saying please wait.

The games has glitches.  You need to make a second profile and log in online with it (no need to join a match) then log back off to get your first profile to start working.

Without the multiplayer, this game isn't worth it.  I wish they'd go back to CoD 1 style of single player.  The story was well told without interupting the flow of the game.

psychoBrew said:
Games4Fun said:

The games has glitches.  You need to make a second profile and log in online with it (no need to join a match) then log back off to get your first profile to start working.

Without the multiplayer, this game isn't worth it.  I wish they'd go back to CoD 1 style of single player.  The story was well told without interupting the flow of the game.

Oh thanks I will give it a try again later tonight.