By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty Black Ops Single Player

I am not a big FPS fan. I am actually pretty bad at them but I do enjoy them from time to time.  I tend to stick mostly to the single player campaigns. Anyways, I figure a game that is selling this much must be enjoyable but I mostly hear about the multiplayer. I want to know about the single player. Is it fun?

Around the Network

amazing. in my opinion best cod single player

story wise it has IMO the best story in a COD yet but i think its a case of "bad is good compared to worse" gameplay wise its call of duty..... as for my experence im now stuck on a level that is so unbeliveably cheap it not even funny

I only played 4 missions so far, and I must say the third one was pretty cool because it was the most "calm" one. With that said, I think there's wayyy too much stuff happening at the same time in this single player campaign. I know COD games are known for being cinematic and stuff, but this one is just too extreme (so far)! First you're having a fight with someone, then there's people everywhere beating people up, then you get out and you're being bombarded by a turret, then helicopters and explosions everywhere, then you get a chain gun and explode everything, and then a motorcycle ride and then you get on a truck and destroy helicopters and more trucks and FINALLY you have to jump on a train! I mean WTF just happened?

You can't really take your breath with this game. And I don't even want to think how some parts are going to be atrociously hard on Veteran difficulty. This is no Modern Warfare 2 that's for sure!

Overall, I'd recommend it if you're in the mood to play CoD games. If not, well go play a few of the old ones to get in the beat because this one starts really really fast!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

amazing

Around the Network

It's brilliant, but it depends what you like. If you're looking for everything going off at once then this is it. If you want to sneak around a base shooting people in the head - Goldeneye. As for the story, I think it's the most compelling in a COD game so far.

I'm like the OP; not really into/very good at FPS games.  I'm gonna grab the game on Sunday, though (PS3 version to play with my co-workers).  Does it have local co-op?  That would really make my day.

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and picked it up today.

d21lewis said:

I'm like the OP; not really into/very good at FPS games.  I'm gonna grab the game on Sunday, though (PS3 version to play with my co-workers).  Does it have local co-op?  That would really make my day.

There is no campaign co-op at all to my knowledge, which does confuse me given they had in WaW....

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, though I did get a little frustrated towards the end with seemingly infinite enemies, but that was exaggerated due to the fact that I finished the game in one play session

@d21lewis  it has local co-op, im like the OP I like my single player campaign, this crap about multi this gen has pissed me off. A game should stand on its single player ALONE. MW2 had the worst, non-sensical campaign ive played of not only FPSs but video games in general