By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official October 2010 NPD Thread (Data in 2.5 hours covers Oct 4-30)

I also realize that it has been mentioned that Fable 3 has only 1 week of data while Fable 2 had 2 weeks of data, so it could be tracking higher, although slightly.

I still doubt it will hit the 5M mark Molyneux wants.

Either way, still want to play it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I'm confused. Did VGC overtrack everything except NBA?

noname2200 said:
LeandroBaffa said:

Just Dance 2 -- 286K

Numbers are real, unable to comment further. And this is not a policy shift re: leaks, so don't get any ideas.

If that's the 7th best-selling title for the month, and the rest of the list is composed of multi-platforms...holy crap!

Poor Smackdown Vs Raw.....I should really rent it.

noname2200 said:
Seece said:

You do realise pre orders arnt sales figures right? I mean I need to clarify, you understand this fact right?

We had Fable III at 815k, it could be undertracked 130k - more going by NPD, so you saying majorly overtracked from this 2 mill figure thread I made, 1 mill pre order numberrs, or wherever .. is just stupid.

Christ dude, stop taking this so personally.  You're coming off as way too hostile for anyone's good.

When you're having a perfectnyl decent conversation with someone, and someone else comes in and twist the convo just to talk about the devs failure or w/e it's annoying. Though I should expect it by now.

Halo reach sold 315k. Less Than Halo 3 sold october 07 (433k)

Around the Network
Fallout NV 360-PS3 2:1
PS3 version ~331k
“Fable III” (580,000 units) launched as the #2 game in October, while “Halo: Reach” (315,000 units) continued strong sales in its first full month on the market. (Source: NPD Group, October 2010)

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I'm confused. Did VGC overtrack everything except NBA?

Pretty much, makes the industry (at least in US) look a bit down ....

KillerMan said:

Halo reach sold 315k. Less Than Halo 3 sold october 07 (433k)

Not bad, given Reach launched earlier than Halo 3.

Hmm...

NPD Reach September plus October = 3.6 million

VGChartz Reach through October 28 = 4.5 million

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:

"So what?"

Molyneux wanted it to sell 5 million. That is the point.

The series doesn't seem to be expanding.

My "So what" was to psrock bringing up irrelevance.

It's very relevant as we had huge argument about Fable selling crazy numbers because the pre-orders was huge. And I always argued that as always , 360 seems to show pre-order numbers versus actaul numbers. Moreover, you made a thread about the game selling 2million first week.

You do realise pre orders arnt sales figures right? I mean I need to clarify, you understand this fact right?

We had Fable III at 815k, it could be undertracked 130k - more going by NPD, so you saying majorly overtracked from this 2 mill figure thread I made, 1 mill pre order numberrs, or wherever .. is just stupid.

lol, thank you for the lesson Seece, I had no idea what pre-orders were. Anyways, the game is overtracked by good margin.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)