By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up!!! (Nov 6, 2010)

spaceguy said:
Smashed said:
Beuli2 said:
Smashed said:
Demotruk said:
Smashed said:
psrock said:
CGI-Quality said:
psrock said:

I guess fo many this is the last week either Wii or PS3 will eve be on top of the 360.

The 360 could still win for the week. Kinect launched at the place where it's expected to sell the most, last week. I expect the PS3 to be 3rd, Wii 2nd, and 360 1st when WW is in.

Yes, we do get Kinect numbers in NA this week. Then, yes it's 360 from now on.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Kinect isn't that big, let's calm down. When GT5 releases there won't be such thing as second or third place for PS3. Only first.

Eh, Kinect isn't that big, but it's alot bigger than GT5 that's for sure.

That's the most delusional written comment i've seen in my entire life on this forum.

Either you are just another PS3 fanboy or you're drunk.

Neither, why get drunk when I can smoke some weed? GT5 will be bigger than Kinect. Kinect will have its boost and that's all.

lol, Yea look at those pre-order numbers.

EMEAA pre-order???

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
NYANKS said:
Maynard_Tool said:
flagstaad said:

Looking at this week sales in EMEAA of titles like God of War and Goldeneye this quote from Ready at Dawn sounds very off:

"The novelty is wearing off, and the only people who are really successful on the platform is Nintendo. It’s not like anybody else out there is really happy with the games and the sales that they make on that platform.So it’s going to work well for [Nintendo], as all of their platforms usually do, but even in America we’re seeing now that it’s slowly dwindling down."

Loving the sales... but loving the people in this thread even more

Well they also acknowledged that working on the PSP was weird too for the most  part, because software was bad.  Given that, they come off as more objective at least.  I mean, they're panning their own endeavors.  And how does the 47,000 that Goldeneye made make them so off?   I'm sure activision wanted more, no?

Surely they expected more than first week sales of W@W and Reflex combined in Europe... oh wait

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/23991/call-of-duty-world-at-war/

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/39017/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex-edition/

Oh man we know how those two titles bombed eh?  

Lets not forget the best opening for a Wii FPS game in Europe 

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&publisher=&console=Wii&genre=FPS&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Others

No surely they didn't want that (note Metroid is an adventure game not sure why it's in there)

But wasn't that where all the excuses stemmed from?  Gimped, no advertisement, etc.  This had everything and was based on one of the most beloved shooters ever, and because it did 20,000 more than MW reflex, Reflex was a bomb and this wasn't?  And THIS had advertising and was well received.  I dunno, I just felt like Maynard was overblowing his point.

Naaaaaah, i just agreed with someone else's opinion. I think you are over blowing something....

Maynard_Tool said:
NYANKS said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
NYANKS said:
Maynard_Tool said:
flagstaad said:

Looking at this week sales in EMEAA of titles like God of War and Goldeneye this quote from Ready at Dawn sounds very off:

"The novelty is wearing off, and the only people who are really successful on the platform is Nintendo. It’s not like anybody else out there is really happy with the games and the sales that they make on that platform.So it’s going to work well for [Nintendo], as all of their platforms usually do, but even in America we’re seeing now that it’s slowly dwindling down."

Well they also acknowledged that working on the PSP was weird too for the most  part, because software was bad.  Given that, they come off as more objective at least.  I mean, they're panning their own endeavors.  And how does the 47,000 that Goldeneye made make them so off?   I'm sure activision wanted more, no?

Surely they expected more than first week sales of W@W and Reflex combined in Europe... oh wait

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/39017/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex-edition/

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&publisher=&console=Wii&genre=FPS&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Others

No surely they didn't want that (note Metroid is an adventure game not sure why it's in there)

But wasn't that where all the excuses stemmed from?  Gimped, no advertisement, etc.  This had everything and was based on one of the most beloved shooters ever, and because it did 20,000 more than MW reflex, Reflex was a bomb and this wasn't?  And THIS had advertising and was well received.  I dunno, I just felt like Maynard was overblowing his point.

Naaaaaah, i just agreed with someone else's opinion. I think you are over blowing something....

Not really, just don't like people making something out of nothing.

NYANKS said:
Maynard_Tool said:
NYANKS said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
NYANKS said:
Maynard_Tool said:
flagstaad said:

That's exactly what you did here (=

Maynard_Tool said:
NYANKS said:
Maynard_Tool said:
NYANKS said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
NYANKS said:
Maynard_Tool said:
flagstaad said:

That's exactly what you did here (=

No, I showed that the op's observation is not as witty as he thinks.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Again, I don't mind harsh criticism go at it all you want...your just making an excuse anyway because you don't like me for some reason but thats fine. I am sorry for calling people "fanboys" and I am also sorry that I post my opinion on V.G.C...I am also, allowed to repeat them if I want as people have been repeating the same things with the PS3, Move, 360, and Kinect. Anyway we will just agree to disagree sound fair? I didn't even get to say what I think about the sales so I guess I will wait until the W.W charts like I wanted to in the 1st place you and the other person jumped me before I even posted Lol.

Don't dislike you, I just don't agree with you, which isn't a big deal. But that's how I know you take this stuff too serious, you can't take someone disagreeing and you always think people "jump" on you.

How can I prove to you that these sales are not serious to me? I don't mind it when people disagree with me and obviously I was kidding when I said you jumped me...I didn't care about the sales I cared more that you sad I take it to serious which I have been telling you all day that I don't. 

Please Explain how I messed up:

Me: "PS3 doesn't even have Others anymore...I will wait until Worldwide #'s to state what I think about this week...and I will be nice about it...for now."

You: "Here we go......lol. While it is good to see the Wii pulling back up, the PS3 is as healthy as can be. That's really where it's at."

Me: "I was going to wait until the W.W #'s came in but if you want we can have this discussion now Lol..."

Jordahn: "You're just afraid to express your giddiness over Wii sales when it's still probable that the PS3 might outsell it worldwide.  There."

Me: "Wait...you think that the PS3 still has a chance to outsell the Wii Worldwide this week?"

Jordahn: "At least you do.  Otherwise you wouldn't have been so reserved to express you feelings on these sales."

Me: "Ha Lol...not at all I just don't want to be rude to the PS3 fans but I have been getting on a lot of PS3 fans nerves lately because I have always said that it won't last and Wii would be #1 Worldwide this Holiday. I have been saying that Holiday 2010 would be Wii>360>PS3 W.W and I even went farther and said that Wii and 360 would dominate PS3 this Holiday. I honestly didn't even expect Wii to outsell PS3 in Others this fast I expected PS3 to stay #1 in Others for a good amount of time. Why are you against me? What did I do LOl?"
You: "You've just come in each week claiming the "rain" (pun intended) of dominance was over for PS3 in just a few weeks. He's right in the sense that you're showing almost a fear of PS3 topping the Wii continuosly. I agree with you, Wii will probably beat the PS3 this week (though I don't think it'll beat the 360). But you have had this agenda for over a month now."
Now please tell me where I went wrong for future reference.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate when you people can't wait until we see official numbers....we'll see if Kinect will be bigger than GT5! until then, don't make your comments sound like a fact!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

*Sound Of Rain said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Again, I don't mind harsh criticism go at it all you want...your just making an excuse anyway because you don't like me for some reason but thats fine. I am sorry for calling people "fanboys" and I am also sorry that I post my opinion on V.G.C...I am also, allowed to repeat them if I want as people have been repeating the same things with the PS3, Move, 360, and Kinect. Anyway we will just agree to disagree sound fair? I didn't even get to say what I think about the sales so I guess I will wait until the W.W charts like I wanted to in the 1st place you and the other person jumped me before I even posted Lol.

Don't dislike you, I just don't agree with you, which isn't a big deal. But that's how I know you take this stuff too serious, you can't take someone disagreeing and you always think people "jump" on you.

How can I prove to you that these sales are not serious to me? I don't mind it when people disagree with me and obviously I was kidding when I said you jumped me...I didn't care about the sales I cared more that you sad I take it to serious which I have been telling you all day that I don't. 

Please Explain how I messed up:

Me: "PS3 doesn't even have Others anymore...I will wait until Worldwide #'s to state what I think about this week...and I will be nice about it...for now."

You: "Here we go......lol. While it is good to see the Wii pulling back up, the PS3 is as healthy as can be. That's really where it's at."

Me: "I was going to wait until the W.W #'s came in but if you want we can have this discussion now Lol..."

Jordahn: "You're just afraid to express your giddiness over Wii sales when it's still probable that the PS3 might outsell it worldwide.  There."

Me: "Wait...you think that the PS3 still has a chance to outsell the Wii Worldwide this week?"

Jordahn: "At least you do.  Otherwise you wouldn't have been so reserved to express you feelings on these sales."

Me: "Ha Lol...not at all I just don't want to be rude to the PS3 fans but I have been getting on a lot of PS3 fans nerves lately because I have always said that it won't last and Wii would be #1 Worldwide this Holiday. I have been saying that Holiday 2010 would be Wii>360>PS3 W.W and I even went farther and said that Wii and 360 would dominate PS3 this Holiday. I honestly didn't even expect Wii to outsell PS3 in Others this fast I expected PS3 to stay #1 in Others for a good amount of time. Why are you against me? What did I do LOl?"
You: "You've just come in each week claiming the "rain" (pun intended) of dominance was over for PS3 in just a few weeks. He's right in the sense that you're showing almost a fear of PS3 topping the Wii continuosly. I agree with you, Wii will probably beat the PS3 this week (though I don't think it'll beat the 360). But you have had this agenda for over a month now."
Now please tell me where I went wrong for future reference.

Dude, go play a video games or something.  At least in the realm of fantasy you can accomplish something and your virtual friends actually care.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

NYANKS said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
NYANKS said:
Maynard_Tool said:
flagstaad said:

Uh Reflex was a bomb?  I didn't know selling 1.2 mil was a bomb  

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000