By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I think it's safe to say that kinect will push the 360 above ps3..

Lyrikalstylez said:
Pyramid12 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Vexxmania said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

kinect will put the 360 ahead for a while but the question is can the 360 stay there?

Short answer is no.

it will and it will finally cement 360 over ps3 for good

ohhh really? like the time you guys said 360S launch will cement ps3 on 3rd place? or the uber massive godly halo reach launch will ps3 never outsell 360 again for the rest of 2010?? ohh w8.............GAP is lower than ever.

GT5 will "cement" ps3 over 360 for good while $199 ps3 is still yet to be annouced to finally burry the 360 6 feet under.

see I can do it too......I can also spout crap about x console "cementing" y console after( w8 for w/e) over and over again like you guys never get tired of doing.

o really

werent ps3 fanboys saying ps3 would surpass 360 in 2010, and it still hasnt(shocked lol)

Heres another egg on your face when you realise just how much kinect is gonna sell, cant wait

o really? wasn't 360 fans saying there's no chance of PS3 cutting the gap back when it was still 8m back in 2008?(down to 3.8m now shocked LMAO)

Another fail on your face after kinect doesn't "cement" 360 over ps3 like reach and Slim was said to do.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
Pyramid12 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Vexxmania said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

kinect will put the 360 ahead for a while but the question is can the 360 stay there?

Short answer is no.

ohhh really? like the time you guys said 360S launch will cement ps3 on 3rd place? or the uber massive godly halo reach launch will ps3 never outsell 360 again for the rest of 2010?? ohh w8.............GAP is lower than ever.

GT5 will "cement" ps3 over 360 for good while $199 ps3 is still yet to be annouced to finally burry the 360 6 feet under.

see I can do it too......I can also spout crap about x console "cementing" y console after( w8 for w/e) over and over again like you guys never get tired of doing.

o really

werent ps3 fanboys saying ps3 would surpass 360 in 2010, and it still hasnt(shocked lol)

Heres another egg on your face when you realise just how much kinect is gonna sell, cant wait

2010? I thought that was supposed to happen in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 before that!

Pyramid12 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Pyramid12 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Vexxmania said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Short answer is no.

o really

o really? wasn't 360 fans saying there's no chance of PS3 cutting the gap back when it was still 8m back in 2008?(down to 3.8m now shocked LMAO)

Another fail on your face after kinect doesn't "cement" 360 over ps3 like reach and Slim was said to do.

Don't bother, with a year head start, cheaper model available, slim model this year, reach etc. the gap still shrunk. Kinect is the ONLY way ms can 'cement' anything but for that to happen it needs to push a LOT of HW, let's see how things are around this time next year. Should be fun

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Antabus said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Pyramid12 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Vexxmania said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Short answer is no.

o really

2010? I thought that was supposed to happen in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 before that!

I wonder what you'll be saying when the PS3 actually equals and surpases the 360 in total sales, which will most definitely happen... in 2011!

lol

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Vexxmania said:
Antabus said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Pyramid12 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Vexxmania said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Short answer is no.

o really

I wonder what you'll be saying when the PS3 actually equals and surpases the 360 in total sales, which will most definitely happen... in 2011!

lol

I don't believe it will happen in 2011 but if it does, I will propably say something like "oh".

Around the Network

In which case I'll try not to say I told you so :)

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I don't believe it will happen in 2011 but if it does, I will propably say something like "oh".

Current sales trends are tracking in a way that have the lead being cut to zero if not by the end of 2011, then sometime early in 2012.

While it's entirely possible Kinect can rebuild momentum for the Xbox to reverse the current trend, I'd say wait until the preliminary launch estimates show the effect it had on hardware and then wait again to see the effect it had over the holidays.

And yes, if or when this happens, it will simply be met with silence from those who bet the stars it wouldn't happen, and will never be brought up again. 

Interesting side note to this conversation to show a possible trend happening in the US. The Kinect sensor standalone, 250GB Xbox 360 w/Kinect, and 4GB Xbox 360 w/Kinect, are currently all sold out on Amazon.

My guess is last week when it released those who owned 360's were the first to pick up the stand alone sensor. Word of mouth has now traveled fast, and there are those who never had a 360 who are picking up the bundles.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

OP: NA =/= The world

when people realise kinect isnt practical or fun it will die out.

kinect also wont have support because developers know theres more money to be made on standard titles. in the case of ps move, all they have to do is adapt the game with move controls because it supports basically every genre the dualshock can.

the ps move is there for the long run but i think it needs a lot more exclusive games like sorcery to become a console seller rather than an alternative to dualshock for existing ps3 users.