By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says, after PS3 "actual innovation" is next

Mate, if you call that "Attacking" you seriouly have problems, and how is it a preference if he is reffering to the past of nintendo in a Sony forum?

You are really making your hole deeper here, reffering to rules to back up your cause, i didn't do it because he doesnt like the wii or whatever i just did it because it was useless and shouldnt of even been reffered to? so what wii did it 20 years ago ? they did it now and it seems to be a huge success

Where i live people would laugh at that, obviously we are from different places.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

anyway it is on new tricks on the ps3 not ps4

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

my god it's like I was transported back to my first year of high school...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Jessman said:
Mate, if you call that "Attacking" you seriouly have problems, and how is it a preference if he is reffering to the past of nintendo in a Sony forum?

You are really making your hole deeper here, reffering to rules to back up your cause, i didn't do it because he doesnt like the wii or whatever i just did it because it was useless and shouldnt of even been reffered to? so what wii did it 20 years ago ? they did it now and it seems to be a huge success

Where i live people would laugh at that, obviously we are from different places.

Whoa now, I said I was done here, but now your putting words in my mouth.  You were referring to him and his signature when you attacked him.  It's in black and white  if you want to re-read it.

If you missed it.  Here's what you said:

"your sig says 'I lick Sonys wang'"

You could have left it at, "Yes, i agree with Kirby", but you didn't.  You went that extra step to attack the poster by pointing out their signature and calling upon sexual favors to the company.  I couldn't care less what he posted.  It's what you posted in response that I called out.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

RolStoppable said:

Can you provide any link that confirms that the Nights controller was presented to the media/gaming public before the N64 controller (1995)?

A rumbling steering wheel isn't the same as rumble in a controller that quickly became a standard afterwards.

The amount of press releases for a single game are no where near the amount for a system, and we are talking about a time before the internet is mainstream, try and find a link to any actual press releases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_stick

Theres a history for you.

Around the Network

+1 Andir(for trying to make the forums a better place, imagine if the mods could actually do this?)

-1 Wii Fanboy's(for trolling the Sony forum)

eugene said:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/stringer-says-actual-innovation-is-next-332314.php

Sony CEO Howard Stringer gave a press conference today in Tokyo. He said that the PS3 is on the rebound with strong Black Friday sales in the US and the console outselling the Wii in Japan. Now that Sony is on the upswing, String hinted at what's next: "The next cycle is actual innovation," Stringer said. Perhaps this quote was taken out of context, but what does that mean the last cycle was? Farting around? Still, we'd really like to see a full transcript (hasn't popped up online as of posting), because that's an odd thing to say!

Regarding that next cycle, Sony plans to expand the PlayStation Network, which is now used for downloading games and demos. Stringer did not give details or any word as to when this expansion will happen. Just know: It will. One day

I'm very late to this thread, but I'll just add my 2 cents ...

Sony is always releases a press release way too early:

Hardware Sales, 08th Dec 2007

Japan America OthersTotal
Weekly sales comparison graphs

They talk about how the PS3 is on the upswing in North America and Japan, and a week later itthe PS3 is (basically) the worst selling console in both regions.

The comment "The next cycle is actual innovation" demonstrates a (potential) problem from Sony's management. You can't snap your fingers and produce an innovative product, innovation comes from having the right people, in the right (corporate) culture, with the right tools, and the right management. Trying to will a product into being innovative is like writing by committee; in the end your "innovative" product will be what your competition released 2 years ago ...

And if you read the link, Atari had analogue controllers in the 80s.

"It's not far fetched to assume that Sega copied from Nintendo because pretty much everyone copied elements from Nintendo controllers several times, Sega included."

But what you ARE stating is that its far fetched to assume that Nintendo copied from Sega?

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet/whatisnid/thegame.htm

Summer 1995: Details of the pad were released.

The hype was insane, remember it was the next console after the Snes, the greatest selling console of that generation in the UK. I think the N64 was released 4 Months after nights, but you have to remember how slowly the Saturn was selling.. I think the N64 outsold the Saturn in only a few months.

Ask ioi to seperate the forum making multiple sony discussion board.

one allow all to discuss sony threads, one that have a big sign say nonsony fans are not allowed to enter if you do you'll get banned. problem solved

everyone entitled to their own opinions, we are allowed to voice our opinion too even though myself I dont like the ps3, dont mean I hate all their product.
I bet I got more sony devices at my home than most of your fanboy out there.