By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Mafia Round 22 Game Thread

hatmoza said:
hatmoza said:

Call me crazy, but I'm already not comfortable with Khuutra.

Shutting down the "meta-theories" shuts down first day discussions. If I hadn't known any better, I'd say you're quite threatened by them.

As a matter of fact, it's almost like you're indirectly covering for your fellow scum's ass, MG, in his absence.

It's also strange that MG disappeared as soon as other players raised questions ...

Did you mean to quote Khuutra?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I have been perfectly clear in what my intentions were for killing the meta-theorizing. It's not fun, it's too early in the game, and laying out behaviors for scum to avoid helps no one except for scum.

I'm not suggesting that you are scum in this, I am suggesting that you are playing in an unfun way, and that it may not help the town in the long run.

Khuutra said:

I have been perfectly clear in what my intentions were for killing the meta-theorizing. It's not fun, it's too early in the game, and laying out behaviors for scum to avoid helps no one except for scum.

I'm not suggesting that you are scum in this, I am suggesting that you are playing in an unfun way, and that it may not help the town in the long run.

Wait a minute.

Mafia is fun?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

I hope I wasn't holding everyone up - I wasn't expecting to get my PM until tomorrow :p

I'm following my usual times in this game (all times in GMT)

Weekdays: 0715:0755 - 1700:22:00

Weekends: Most times

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I agree with Khuutra on the fact that laying out the metagame so scum can know what not-to-do isn't the best strategy. I know it's not the first game where hatmoza brings up meta-theories but he usually waited for Day Two when scum already had shown some of the traits he underlined.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

Call me crazy, but I'm already not comfortable with Khuutra.

Shutting down the "meta-theories" shuts down first day discussions. If I hadn't known any better, I'd say you're quite threatened by them.

Damn it, now we're getting into meta-meta-theories!

This is going to turn into xkcd sucks sucks sucks sucks.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

hatmoza said:

@dtewi No I'm not joking. Take nen, he simply asked for a suggestion. The vibe I get from him is that of a pro town.

MG however, jumped on the first, obvious opportunity to throw suspicion onto me.

Hatmoza's 1st day behavioral theoriez:

Players new to the game but have a couple of games under their belt tend to try to be productive (false productivity) as fellow town members when the are scum. Usually by pointing out the obvious as to not throw suspicion onto themselves.

prof game the "Fading Star" award last game. I'll show him a fucking fading star!

haha, you will?

All of these metatheories and metagames are making my head hurt.

Let's go back to the old method of suspecting idlers.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

All of these metatheories and metagames are making my head hurt.

Let's go back to the old method of suspecting idlers.

You think suspecting idlers will work when we're only 6 hours into the game?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

TruckOSaurus said:

Grrr at the Quick Reply box loading correctly every other time.

So I'll be true to my word and throw this First Day chatting topic: Do you believe that townies should ALWAYS tell the truth? Or do you believe certain circumstances excuse a townie lie?

vote: truckOsaurus

This is a blatant flame starter. Trying to get someone lynched behind some warped idea about rules  and how the game works. 

Lies are not a problem because townies shouldn't trust anyone other than themselves anyway. The real victims of a pro-town lie are the mafia, because mafia will generally take townies at their word depending on how the lie is presented. 

Think about it. If I lie and claim something I'm not, it's misleads the mafia because they have to think about that player. "Are they lying", "Totally bluffing", "Let's avoid that player".

Now, a normal town doesn't have to think about stuff like that because town should never take anything at face value. Well there you have it. Lying is important and has its own purposes and usefulness.