By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Fire Emblem?

Best Fire Emblem?

Radiant Dawn 29 40.85%

Path of Radiance 16 22.54%

Sacred Stones 10 14.08%

Shadow Dragon 3 4.23%

Geneaology of the Holy War 2 2.82%

other 11 15.49%

Total:71

Which Fire Emblem was the best?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

Blazing Sword ought be on here!

I pick Radiant Dawn though, I suppose

The first one on GBA with Elwood and Lyn in it. It's just called Fire Emblem, dunno it's Japanese name?

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

The first one on GBA with Elwood and Lyn in it. It's just called Fire Emblem, dunno it's Japanese name?

I second this. But Sacred Stone is awesome also. I have played the GC, Wii and DS ones, but these are less good than the GBA counterparts imho. Never played the first ones though :/

I chose Radient Dawn, The Cube game was too easy even on Hardmode and I always got distracted with Advance Wars on DS/ GBA and could never get into the games on the handhelds because of that.

Around the Network

I liked Shadow Dragon alot.

My personal favs are Path of Radiance and Sacred Stones. Blazing Sword and Sword of Seals (those are the first US release and Roy's game respectively if you didn't know) are fine, but they didn't age as well as other titles. Geneaology of the Holy War had some awesome ideas that still endure in the series, but was brought down by some OBSCENE difficulty spikes that just frustrated me. Radiant Dawn was also good and the third tier classes were AWESOME, but it had a wonky difficulty curve and the end game was irritatingly hard, making the battles feel like a grind. Shadow Dragon was a back to basics approach and was well-crafted, though I do miss the supports.

PoR was the first of the series I played and I maintain that it MIGHT be the best-designed of the bunch. The supports are well-done, the skills system is great, the bonus experience is a nice way to keep new recruits up to speed, and the battles tended to be less frustrating with an agreeable difficulty curve. SS I liked due to the branching class paths (something I wish they'd bring back), dual story paths, and the fact that I COULD resort to just leveling my characters if I hit a wall which also helped bring some newbies up to speed. I am looking forward to the FE3 remake and praising the gaming GODS that perma-death can now be turned OFF

Five, with sigurd - I believe thats genealogy of the holy war but I'm not positive

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Radiant Dawn. I'd spent days playing that damn, infuriatingly hard, yet fun, game.

I suppose I could say the same about others in the series but I really preferred this one in most regards.

leatherhat said:

Five, with sigurd - I believe thats genealogy of the holy war but I'm not positive

You're thinking of 4, I believe - that's Genealogy of the Holy War. Thracia 779 (or 776, I forget) was the fifth game, and it's difficulty is often described as Apocalyptic.