By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Fire Emblem?

Best Fire Emblem?

Radiant Dawn 29 40.85%

Path of Radiance 16 22.54%

Sacred Stones 10 14.08%

Shadow Dragon 3 4.23%

Geneaology of the Holy War 2 2.82%

other 11 15.49%

Total:71
Khuutra said:
dunno001 said:
homer said:

Still, his stats are amazing. If you can get him leveled up all the way, he is one of the most useful characters alongside Rolf and Astrid.  Way better than Mia.

Yay! Someone else who knows the awesomeness of Rolf! He needed a bit of TLC in the beginning of PoR, but midway through that game, he kicked ass for the rest of both games! And once I gave him a crossbow, he was a front-liner for me.

But the whole Mia/Edward thing? I never had much luck with myrmidons in either PoR or RD. Until about the midway point, they're good for me, but then their strength lags behind. A crit with a silver sword to do... 6 damage? And they were never too good for me at dodging, either- 2 hits and they were basically dead. No myrimidons (or sword masters) made it into my final team in either of those games. (Though I guess they were both more useful then Meg...) I worried less about Rolf, or even Soren, getting killed, if they could be reached by an enemy.

Doesn't Edward have an Earth Element support? If you put any ranks into his support he should be dodging like a lunatic.

Edit: No, wait, Edward has Light. Nolan is the one who has Earth out of the initial Dawn Brigade. Nevermind.

Still, you have had terrible luck with your myrmidons.

That earth support was the only reason Nolan (and his partner, Leonardo) made it to the 4th chapter. I cut them both there. After having fun with Rolf, I wanted to do it again, but Leonardo was turning into, frankly, an average archer.

And I think bad luck was part of why I found the difficulty curve to be so skewed. My entire Dawn Brigade got a lot of lousy levels. I'dve cut Micaiah in chapter 3 if I could have. (She was complete deadweight in chapter 4- she could hurt nothing.) I can't even remember how many times I repeat one board with them because someone kept dying...

But the myrmidons... I found Zihark to be the most useful for me, with Stefan a close second. Anyone else... I saw as a liability just bringing them to the field later in the game...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network
dunno001 said:
Khuutra said:

Doesn't Edward have an Earth Element support? If you put any ranks into his support he should be dodging like a lunatic.

Edit: No, wait, Edward has Light. Nolan is the one who has Earth out of the initial Dawn Brigade. Nevermind.

That earth support was the only reason Nolan (and his partner, Leonardo) made it to the 4th chapter. I cut them both there. After having fun with Rolf, I wanted to do it again, but Leonardo was turning into, frankly, an average archer.

And I think bad luck was part of why I found the difficulty curve to be so skewed. My entire Dawn Brigade got a lot of lousy levels. I'dve cut Micaiah in chapter 3 if I could have. (She was complete deadweight in chapter 4- she could hurt nothing.) I can't even remember how many times I repeat one board with them because someone kept dying...

But the myrmidons... I found Zihark to be the most useful for me, with Stefan a close second. Anyone else... I saw as a liability just bringing them to the field later in the game...

How awful. I think Edward was my number 5 killer in my last run through the game. Of course I had him paired up with Nolan - together they were unstoppable.

Leonardo isn't average, he's just terrible.

Radiant Dawn all the way. Reviewers were harsh to it, but that's only because it's a hard game.

Khuutra said:
dunno001 said:
Khuutra said:

How awful. I think Edward was my number 5 killer in my last run through the game. Of course I had him paired up with Nolan - together they were unstoppable.

I should probably refinish both games to double-check my kill numbers. IIRC, Rolf was #2 in PoR and #1 in RD, to show how much I used him. I want to say that Edward wound up with about 20? I think Leonardo was around that, also?

However, I should also go through one of the games again at some point, just because I want to try something fun. I recall there was this retribution skill... I want to use it to give one of the herons a kill.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

dunno001 said:
Khuutra said:

I should probably refinish both games to double-check my kill numbers. IIRC, Rolf was #2 in PoR and #1 in RD, to show how much I used him. I want to say that Edward wound up with about 20? I think Leonardo was around that, also?

However, I should also go through one of the games again at some point, just because I want to try something fun. I recall there was this retribution skill... I want to use it to give one of the herons a kill.

If you end up going through again, let me know and I'll give you a tip to turn Volug into a juggernaut.