By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Kinect becomes a success, how will PS3 & Wii be affected?

Also, what if Kinect is HUGE success?

And what if it's a moderate success?

I would post my predictions but I just wanna read others. and I suck at predicting anyway.

Around the Network

Kinect after xmas numbers 3.9 million.....

Paul

Sony and Nintendo will stop making console and will develope games for kinect, also people will start selling there wii and ps3 so they can buy more of those quality launch titles coming with kinect

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Jay520 said:

Also, what if Kinect is HUGE success?

And what if it's a moderate success?

I would post my predictions but I just wanna read others. and I suck at predicting anyway.

ps3: no effect at all

wii: no effect at all

Thants really hard to say. I don't think Kinect will have a huge impact on the competition. If it's a success it will just mean that Xbox 360 will be even more popular than it already is. PS3 and Wii should still continue down the path they are already on.

Around the Network

Personally if it comes down it to, i can see them teaming up. cross platform games could be very powerful if they exclude the 360. which i think has happened to an extent already - No More Heros, Dead Space Extraction. but none of these are system sellers.

which brings me to my next point, imo kinect has to be more than just a 10mil selling peripheral, it has to sell consoles. the point of kinect is to prevent loosing the console war and to make the xbox the console on everyones lips. if it dosent increase the userbase it dosent put 360s in more homes, thus it cannot defeat sony and nintendo. so imo kinect needs to move those units to be considered a moderate success. (just my opinon, no one get upset).

If Kinect continues to be successful.

Wii looses its #1 reason that it is different. 

PS3 will just continue to be behind the 360.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Maybe sell themselves to Apple to try to get that cool design buzz?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

My guess it would have the same effect on PS3 & Wii as Blu-Ray success has on X360 & Wii.

Smidlee said:

My guess it would have the same effect on PS3 & Wii as Blu-Ray success has effected X360 & Wii.

I disagree with this analogy. Blu Ray isn't targeted to the wii audience as much as Kinect is.