By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - STAR WARS TOURNAMENT - Episode 3 : Revenge Of The Sith (Rate it!)

Welcome to the VGChartz STAR WARS Tournament!

Feel free to discuss the episode after rating. DO NOT EDIT YOUR SCORE.

This is a competition which Kantor and I are hosting in celebration of what many (with good taste) feel is the greatest fim franchise in history! There will be a thread on every other day, beginning with The Phantom Menace, and going right up to Return of the Jedi... and perhaps beyond.

The average rating for each episode will be based on the scores given by users in these threads, and it will be fun to see which episode is most popular here on VGChartz.

Rankings So Far:

1) Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

2) Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

Today's movie is :

STAR WARS EPISODE 3 : Revenge Of The Sith

Warning: Synopsis May Contain Spoilers.

It is three years after the Clone Wars. The leader of the droid army, General Grievous, has captured Chancellor Palpatine on board his ship, the Invisible Hand. Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker must fly through Coruscant safely, and enter the Invisible Hand so that they can rescue the captive Chancellor. Just when Palpatine is about to be released, Count Dooku shows up. Obi-Wan and Anakin both battle it out with him, but Obi-Wan ends up unconscious. Anakin slices off his head and kills him. Anakin carries Obi-Wan, and Palpatine follows him. They meet General Grievous face to face, and Anakin tries to fly the last half of the ship so that they can safely land on Coruscant. Later, Palpatine starts acting strange, constantly manipulating Anakin into believing that the Jedi Council is against him. Eventually, it is found out that he is the Dark Lord of the Sith. Jedi Master Mace Windu fights him.....and thus begins the end of the Jedi, end of the republic, the revenge of the sith and of course the rise of the Galactic Empire.

Worldwide Gross - $848 Million

American Gross- $380 Million

Rest Of The World Gross - $468 Million

Fun Fact -- To date "Revenge Of The Sith" remains the only Star Wars movie out of both trilogies to see a rise in box office collections over the last film. Episode 5 declined in box office collections compared to 4 and as did 6 compared to 5. Then Episode 2 declined in box office collections compared to Episode 1, but for the first time in the history of the series Episode 3 didn't decline in box office collections, but rose is box office collections, that too by around $200 Million....which is a big figure in terms of a rise between 1 iteration of a movie to another.

Critical Reception:

Rotten Tomatoes: 80% Positive Reviews (Fresh)

Metacritic: 68% Review Average (Generally Favourable)....remember metacritic for movies/games is different, hardly any movies get over 80% metacritic let alone 90%....

Rules:

- ONLY Rate the Episode you need to rate today.

- Give a rating out 10. Feel free to use decimals.

- Try to justify your score, whether it is a 10, 1, or anything in between.

- Do not belittle or insult anyone else's opinions

- Only talk about Episode 2 and its positive/negative aspects in this thread....this is not a thread for you to come in, insult prequels and run away. No, such an act will be reported to moderators.

- You have three days to post and vote: Friday 5th, Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th November. No votes after Sunday 7th November at 7pm GMT will be counted, and the thread will be locked soon after this point.

- Enjoy!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

5/10

Pro

even less jar jar

Con

acting
plot/story
General Grevious.. a cyborg with a bad lung
Jedi's are weak.. they are destroyed within 2 minutes.. yeah.. the mighty jedi's
Anakin... he turns anger into an annoying jealous 14 year old kid
the Noooooooooooooo scene.....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

5/10

Easily the best of the prequel films, but ultimately average. General Grievous was wasted and just took up space (anyone remember how cool he was in the Clone Wars microseries?), the relationship between Padme and Anakin was still awful, the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY LONGER, and I actually don't remember a great deal of the rest of the movie.

Oh, and Padme's death was horrendous. Shattered all possible suspension of disbelief I had going.

What's that, mister medical droid? She's dying because she's lost the will to live? How do you know, mister medical droid? I bet you're wrong! She's got some babies right there! Now get back to work and make sure she pulls thr-

What do you mean she's actually dead.

Soriku said:

9/10

The best Star Wars movie with the best plot and fight scenes (Yoda vs. Palpatine, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan). The Jedi being annhilated easily was dumb though.

You know, I expected this out of darth

9/10!

Very fun even though I understood nothing of the story!

Around the Network

4/10. It's much better than the other prequels, but that's not saying much. Yeah, the acting was straight garbage, and I found it impossible to care anything that was happening at this point. But at least Yoda vs. Ian McDiarmid was cool, and  Hayden Christensen fell into a volcano... if that had been for real, I would give it 10/10. But alas, no.

4/10

It's the best of the prequles but that's not saying much.

It's like saying would you rather get punched in the gut or kick in the balls!

Either way it will hurt a lot.

Soriku said:

9/10

The best Star Wars movie with the best plot and fight scenes (Yoda vs. Palpatine, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan). The Jedi being annhilated easily was dumb though.

Sorry soriku but this is your major fail.Best plot?Really it may be the best in the prequels but apprently you never saw empire strikes back.

4/10    by far the best of the redundant prequels, light years behind the original trilogy.

Khuutra said:

5/10

Easily the best of the prequel films, but ultimately average. General Grievous was wasted and just took up space (anyone remember how cool he was in the Clone Wars microseries?), the relationship between Padme and Anakin was still awful, the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY LONGER, and I actually don't remember a great deal of the rest of the movie.

Oh, and Padme's death was horrendous. Shattered all possible suspension of disbelief I had going.

What's that, mister medical droid? She's dying because she's lost the will to live? How do you know, mister medical droid? I bet you're wrong! She's got some babies right there! Now get back to work and make sure she pulls thr-

What do you mean she's actually dead.

Yeah.... I pretty much agree with all that.

Sad too cause Grievous coulda been awesome.

I go 4/10 though.

Also, it was REALLY stupid seeing all the Jedi die of ambushing... what when the whole Anakin main plot was that JEDI CAN SEE THE FUTURE.

Also that it's been established in the previous movies that they can sense motivations from spaceships away.

I mean, what's the story here... is Palpaltine supposed to be strong enough that he can block all all of the Jedi's pre-cog and detection powers across the galaxy?

Also why the hell do the clones even listen to him anyway?  The Jedi paid for them, would they be imprinted to the Jedi?

Oh, and I literally laughed.... very hard in theateres when Anakin went from "Oh no, what did I do I helped kill Mace Windu!''   to "OK lets go kill some kids!" in the span of literally 5 minutes.  It was less character development and more, like watching someone playing the good path in a videogame and in the middle getting bored for no reason and switching to the genocide evil story.