Shorty11857 said:
KillerMan said:
kowenicki said:

After 7 weeks

REACH: 5,912,738

HALO 3: 5,454,487

REACH tracking ahead by  458,251.

MASSIVE.

To be fair according NPD we have overtracked Reach (and undertracked Halo 3). Both sold 3.6 million first month in USA but Reach had one extra week compared to Halo 3.  Hopefully someone leaks october numbers too so we can see did Reach outperfrom Halo 3 during its second month in the market. Of course regardless massive numbers.

Not sure how many weeks Reach had but it was 3.7 after 2, 4.0 after 3, 4.2 after 2 in the America. Add in bundles and Canada and the rest of the Americas and it doesnn't seem overtracked to me at all

Sorry. it was 3.3 million and not 3.6 million. Somehow I remembered 3.6... Regardless we have Reach selling more in September in America than Halo 3 despite that Halo 3 opened with same numbers according  NPD and it had one week less to sell that amount compared to reach. Mix of overtracking and undertracking.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:
Shorty11857 said:
KillerMan said:
kowenicki said:

After 7 weeks

MASSIVE.

To be fair according NPD we have overtracked Reach (and undertracked Halo 3). Both sold 3.6 million first month in USA but Reach had one extra week compared to Halo 3.  Hopefully someone leaks october numbers too so we can see did Reach outperfrom Halo 3 during its second month in the market. Of course regardless massive numbers.

Not sure how many weeks Reach had but it was 3.7 after 2, 4.0 after 3, 4.2 after 2 in the America. Add in bundles and Canada and the rest of the Americas and it doesnn't seem overtracked to me at all

Sorry. it was 3.3 million and not 3.6 million. Somehow I remembered 3.6... Regardless we have Reach selling more in america than Halo 3 in september despite that Halo 3 opened with same numbers according  NPD and it had one week less to sell that amount compared to reach. Mix of overtracking and undertracking.

Yeah Halo 3 does seem to be undertracked then, not sure if Reach is overtracked though hopefully we get some numbers from Microsoft soon could really help

Shorty11857 said:
KillerMan said:
Shorty11857 said:
KillerMan said:
kowenicki said:

After 7 weeks

MASSIVE.

Sorry. it was 3.3 million and not 3.6 million. Somehow I remembered 3.6... Regardless we have Reach selling more in america than Halo 3 in september despite that Halo 3 opened with same numbers according  NPD and it had one week less to sell that amount compared to reach. Mix of overtracking and undertracking.

Yeah Halo 3 does seem to be undertracked then, not sure if Reach is overtracked though hopefully we get some numbers from Microsoft soon could really help

Yep. I searched more numbers and it has more to do with Halo 3 undertracking.  We have first week of about 2.85 million for Halo 3 in whole america (also that numbers is for its launch month as it launched during last week of september) and NPD has 3.3 million for USA only. Pretty big difference.

KillerMan said:
Shorty11857 said:
KillerMan said:
kowenicki said:

After 7 weeks

MASSIVE.

Sorry. it was 3.3 million and not 3.6 million. Somehow I remembered 3.6... Regardless we have Reach selling more in September in America than Halo 3 despite that Halo 3 opened with same numbers according  NPD and it had one week less to sell that amount compared to reach. Mix of overtracking and undertracking.

Yeah... by NPD (US) Halo 3 opening > Reach opening.

But that was just US.

akuseru said:

Do I have to...? Looks at MW (1.042.000) ---> MW 2 (4.932.000) on the 360.... There... MASSIVE... GROWTH...

Also, Uncharted 1 (133.000) ----> Uncharted 2 (850.000) first weeks' sales (not totals though, yet.. No scratch that!) shows pretty good growth for the series. See, that's actual growth! New buyers, fanbase increased for release.

GOW 1 (172.000) ----> GOW 2 (724.000) ----> GOW 3 (1.260.000) show also good numbers. Even though GOW 2 has fewer totals than GOW, I guess since it was released so close to PS3 release (Oh noes, sorry! AFTER the PS3 was released! LOL!). GOW3 are even close to beating it's predecessors within a year on a much SMALLER userbase.

And WHY should I come up with PlayStation 2 (or any other Sony console for that matter) games? I never mentioned any of those series as series in growth either (I even edited in all the examples after I wrote this). And I never hailed their numbers as "OMG TEH MASSIVE!". I never pReach like you do with Halo 3 vs. Reach numbers, and you do it EVERY damn week. That's why I say I don't agree, and that I am WAY MORE impressed with the numbers Halo 3 produced in X360's early days.. But I am sorry... I should've known better than do disagree with you, the master poster and sales expert. My post count is under 1000, even 400 so what do I know, right?

And just FYI: I know it's hard to double or triple Halo 3's first sales. No not hard, IMPOSSIBLE, and I don't expect that. But still, I believe they should've gotten more out of Reach, 11 million Halo 3 copies and 30 million 360s later. MY OPINION.

I agree with your argument, as I think Reach will end up being just short of Halo 3's total sales.  But hey, let him have his victory.  And if it's any comfort, he'll most likely stop posting it weekly if/when Reach starts tracking under Halo 3, consecutively.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
akuseru said:

Do I have to...? Looks at MW (1.042.000) ---> MW 2 (4.932.000) on the 360.... There... MASSIVE... GROWTH...

Also, Uncharted 1 (133.000) ----> Uncharted 2 (850.000) first weeks' sales (not totals though, yet.. No scratch that!) shows pretty good growth for the series. See, that's actual growth! New buyers, fanbase increased for release.

GOW 1 (172.000) ----> GOW 2 (724.000) ----> GOW 3 (1.260.000) show also good numbers. Even though GOW 2 has fewer totals than GOW, I guess since it was released so close to PS3 release (Oh noes, sorry! AFTER the PS3 was released! LOL!). GOW3 are even close to beating it's predecessors within a year on a much SMALLER userbase.

And WHY should I come up with PlayStation 2 (or any other Sony console for that matter) games? I never mentioned any of those series as series in growth either (I even edited in all the examples after I wrote this). And I never hailed their numbers as "OMG TEH MASSIVE!". I never pReach like you do with Halo 3 vs. Reach numbers, and you do it EVERY damn week. That's why I say I don't agree, and that I am WAY MORE impressed with the numbers Halo 3 produced in X360's early days.. But I am sorry... I should've known better than do disagree with you, the master poster and sales expert. My post count is under 1000, even 400 so what do I know, right?

And just FYI: I know it's hard to double or triple Halo 3's first sales. No not hard, IMPOSSIBLE, and I don't expect that. But still, I believe they should've gotten more out of Reach, 11 million Halo 3 copies and 30 million 360s later. MY OPINION.

I agree with your argument, as I think Reach will end up being just short of Halo 3's total sales.  But hey, let him have is victory.  And if it's any comfort, he'll most likely stop posting it weekly if/when Reach starts tracking under Halo 3, consecutively.

2 weeks consecutively already.

ethomaz said:
thismeintiel said:
akuseru said:

I agree with your argument, as I think Reach will end up being just short of Halo 3's total sales.  But hey, let him have is victory.  And if it's any comfort, he'll most likely stop posting it weekly if/when Reach starts tracking under Halo 3, consecutively.

2 weeks consecutively already.

Lol, yea, I know.  But, it will take more time for it to set in than that.  Wait till the gap starts lowering to ~100K (might actually be that if we adjust to NPD's last numbers), and is still being outsold by Halo 3, then it'll probably stop.

akuseru said:
kowenicki said:
akuseru said:
kowenicki said:

After 7 weeks

MASSIVE.

Maybe I got crazy ass standards, but with an expanded userbase of around 30 million and 11 million Halo 3's already sold, I don't see this as impressive at all, and at least not MASSIVE for X360's flagship title. I'm way more impressed with Halo 3's numbers, which have actually outperformed Halo: Reach the last two weeks with 1/3 of the userbase.

IMO, Reach is underperforming, or at least not showing major growth as a series. I mean, 30 million more X360s (and 11 million Halo 3 owners/fans) are only resulting in 450.000 more copies sold? Doesn't sound MASSIVE to me.. Not at all actually..

It doesnt really work like that does it. 

We need hostoric precedents for this... so show me any game series from say the playstation2 days where the numbers sold increased anywhere near in line with the install base increase

Start with MGS2 and MGS3, or perhaps GTA VC and GTA SA if you like.

good luck.

uhmmm....

kowenicki, you just got owned!!!

LOL

Makaha said:
akuseru said:
kowenicki said:
akuseru said:
kowenicki said:

After 7 weeks

MASSIVE.

Maybe I got crazy ass standards, but with an expanded userbase of around 30 million and 11 million Halo 3's already sold, I don't see this as impressive at all, and at least not MASSIVE for X360's flagship title. I'm way more impressed with Halo 3's numbers, which have actually outperformed Halo: Reach the last two weeks with 1/3 of the userbase.

IMO, Reach is underperforming, or at least not showing major growth as a series. I mean, 30 million more X360s (and 11 million Halo 3 owners/fans) are only resulting in 450.000 more copies sold? Doesn't sound MASSIVE to me.. Not at all actually..

It doesnt really work like that does it. 

We need hostoric precedents for this... so show me any game series from say the playstation2 days where the numbers sold increased anywhere near in line with the install base increase

Start with MGS2 and MGS3, or perhaps GTA VC and GTA SA if you like.

good luck.

uhmmm....

kowenicki, you just got owned!!!

LOL

No he didn't.

The games that guy listed started off pretty small and than became big.  Halo 3 started off HUGE....the install base for massive games don't grow by large amounts.

A good example will be to look at MW2 numbers on the 360 versus Black Ops numbers on the 360