By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
4k1x3r said:
Conegamer said:
gustave154 said:
Cirio said:

PS3 needs to join the 100K club in the Americas! I think Sony really fucked up by delaying GT5, but it's not too late right now.

i think sony is aiming for a 1 million week when gt5 releases for christmas. december will be PS3's turning point.

1mil week? You serious!!

I reckon that the vast majority of people who would buy a PS3 for this game would either of already got one/doesn't care anymore. I'm not saying it'll sell badly, I just don't expect a MASSIVE HW bump...

As I said in another topic GT5 is huge in Europe, we have a bundle with GT5 here, I can tell without doubt that the bump will be really huge in EMEAA, that'll compensate a probably low bump in NA. You can even expect a 1.5M week.

Hmm, I understand your logic, but I don't expect more than 750k WW. Wii will be around 600-700k and 360 500k i reckon, IF it releases this year!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Wii up again!! Yes... yes!!!

Good sales for everyone. Finally happy numbers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Conegamer said:
4k1x3r said:
Conegamer said:
gustave154 said:
Cirio said:

PS3 needs to join the 100K club in the Americas! I think Sony really fucked up by delaying GT5, but it's not too late right now.

i think sony is aiming for a 1 million week when gt5 releases for christmas. december will be PS3's turning point.

1mil week? You serious!!

I reckon that the vast majority of people who would buy a PS3 for this game would either of already got one/doesn't care anymore. I'm not saying it'll sell badly, I just don't expect a MASSIVE HW bump...

As I said in another topic GT5 is huge in Europe, we have a bundle with GT5 here, I can tell without doubt that the bump will be really huge in EMEAA, that'll compensate a probably low bump in NA. You can even expect a 1.5M week.

Hmm, I understand your logic, but I don't expect more than 750k WW. Wii will be around 600-700k and 360 500k i reckon, IF it releases this year!

Dont forget GT5 will sell in Europe, US and Japan, the JP slaes combined with EU bundles, and US could just about push PS3 into 1mil territory, that is considering it has a similtaneous release in each region. but PS3 will be huge this year imo theres a lot a interest in it.

kowenicki said:
akuseru said:
kowenicki said:

After 7 weeks

REACH: 5,912,738

HALO 3: 5,454,487

REACH tracking ahead by  458,251.

MASSIVE.

Maybe I got crazy ass standards, but with an expanded userbase of around 30 million and 11 million Halo 3's already sold, I don't see this as impressive at all, and at least not MASSIVE for X360's flagship title. I'm way more impressed with Halo 3's numbers, which have actually outperformed Halo: Reach the last two weeks with 1/3 of the userbase.

IMO, Reach is underperforming, or at least not showing major growth as a series. I mean, 30 million more X360s (and 11 million Halo 3 owners/fans) are only resulting in 450.000 more copies sold? Doesn't sound MASSIVE to me.. Not at all actually..

It doesnt really work like that does it. 

We need hostoric precedents for this... so show me any game series from say the playstation2 days where the numbers sold increased anywhere near in line with the install base increase

Start with MGS2 and MGS3, or perhaps GTA VC and GTA SA if you like.

good luck.

Do I have to...? Looks at MW (1.042.000) ---> MW 2 (4.932.000) on the 360.... There... MASSIVE... GROWTH...

Also, Uncharted 1 (133.000) ----> Uncharted 2 (850.000) first weeks' sales (not totals though, yet.. No scratch that!) shows pretty good growth for the series. See, that's actual growth! New buyers, fanbase increased for release.

GOW 1 (172.000) ----> GOW 2 (724.000) ----> GOW 3 (1.260.000) show also good numbers. Even though GOW 2 has fewer totals than GOW, I guess since it was released so close to PS3 release (Oh noes, sorry! AFTER the PS3 was released! LOL!). GOW3 are even close to beating it's predecessors within a year on a much SMALLER userbase.

And WHY should I come up with PlayStation 2 (or any other Sony console for that matter) games? I never mentioned any of those series as series in growth either (I even edited in all the examples after I wrote this). And I never hailed their numbers as "OMG TEH MASSIVE!". I never pReach like you do with Halo 3 vs. Reach numbers, and you do it EVERY damn week. That's why I say I don't agree, and that I am WAY MORE impressed with the numbers Halo 3 produced in X360's early days.. But I am sorry... I should've known better than do disagree with you, the master poster and sales expert. My post count is under 1000, even 400 so what do I know, right?

And just FYI: I know it's hard to double or triple Halo 3's first sales. No not hard, IMPOSSIBLE, and I don't expect that. But still, I believe they should've gotten more out of Reach, 11 million Halo 3 copies and 30 million 360s later. MY OPINION.

akuseru said:

Maybe I got crazy ass standards, but with an expanded userbase of around 30 million and 11 million Halo 3's already sold, I don't see this as impressive at all, and at least not MASSIVE for X360's flagship title. I'm way more impressed with Halo 3's numbers, which have actually outperformed Halo: Reach the last two weeks with 1/3 of the userbase.

IMO, Reach is underperforming, or at least not showing major growth as a series. I mean, 30 million more X360s (and 11 million Halo 3 owners/fans) are only resulting in 450.000 more copies sold? Doesn't sound MASSIVE to me.. Not at all actually..

Reach really isnt underperforming. Halo 3 was the first halo of the console. Halo Reach is the 4th or 3rd shooter. Thus it is doing quite impressively to be this much ahead.

Userbase has nothing to do with it. 11 million or something Halo3 games were sold (of offline sales only). If Reach does anywhere near that. It will be doing impressive. Because that is around the audience of Halo 3, well the selling to the audience.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
A203D said:
Conegamer said:
4k1x3r said:
Conegamer said:
gustave154 said:
Cirio said:

1mil week? You serious!!

Dont forget GT5 will sell in Europe, US and Japan, the JP slaes combined with EU bundles, and US could just about push PS3 into 1mil territory, that is considering it has a similtaneous release in each region. but PS3 will be huge this year imo theres a lot a interest in it.

I'm not denying that, it's just that with the PS3, 360, DS, Wii and PSP all out at market, all having adverts at prime-time on TV, and all having their own draws this Christmas, it'll be a lot to win over that many. Add the fact that this game has been planned for upwards of 5 years and that a helluvalot of people who would buy a PS3 for this game have most likely already got one, and you begin to see the sales going from those stratospheric heights of yours to the already amazing prediction I made.

But, you know what they say; aim for the stars. Even if you miss, you'll end up on the moon.

So, anything can happen!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

AceRock said:

I have a feeling that your non gamer/new customer who gets interested in Kinect is going to see the stand alone Kinect in ads for $149, go out and try to buy it, find out that you need to buy the bundle or a seperate 360 to play it, and then upon discovering the price, go for the cheaper Wii or nothing at all.  How well informed do we think the mass/general/once a week or less gaming public are???

LOL THIS! Really it's very misleading, 149$ for Kinect and game only. 

AussieGecko said:
akuseru said:

Reach really isnt underperforming. Halo 3 was the first halo of the console. Halo Reach is the 4th or 3rd shooter. Thus it is doing quite impressively to be this much ahead.

Userbase has nothing to do with it. 11 million or something Halo3 games were sold (of offline sales only). If Reach does anywhere near that. It will be doing impressive. Because that is around the audience of Halo 3, well the selling to the audience.

I'm not saying the numbers aren't impressing, because obviously they are. No explanation needed.. I'm only saying I don't think they are "OMG TEH MASSIVE!!" compared to Halo 3 sales, which is the game he keeps comparing it to. I also don't think they're MASSIVE enough to keep telling us the same thing in every weekly sales thread... It's 450.000-500.000 copies we're talking about, and Halo 3 even outperformed Reach, although only by small amounts, the last 2 weeks.

Isn't a part of a "sequel" though to also expand the userbase? Yes, the base have expanded a little, but in my book, not by a MASSIVE amount, like he keeps saying.. I thought userbase had loads to do with it? More potential costumers to buy your game, why even sell consoles and expand the userbase if it has nothing to do with game sales? If not, why even market a sequel heavily (not saying Reach had massive marketing)? "Most" Halo 3 players and first day buyers "know" Reach is releasing anyways. Marketing is about informing consumers, and especially NEW consumers. The ones who bought X360 AFTER Halo 3.

So what you're saying is that a game selling 5 million copies with a userbase of 30 million is just as impressive as a game that is selling 5 million copies with a userbase of 10 million (numbers have nothing to do with Halo 3 or Reach, just a random example)? Userbase has nothing to do with expectations nor game sales at all right? Oh well... It's just me then... Thing is, Reach is the 4th Halo game on the 360 (3rd shooter like you said) so there should be MORE fans of the series to buy the game AT RELEASE (and they have, but not by a MASSIVE amount). Of course, END numbers of Reach might show it as a MASSIVE success compared to Halo 3. You know, GROWTH is a big part of any product. EXPANDING userbase, and I do believe MS is interested in EXPANDING their Halo userbase BY A LOT.

Also, according to someone, the post under me, NPD shows that VGC is overtracking Reach and undertracking Halo 3, making the numbers even LESS MASSIVE (compared to Halo 3) if true.

kowenicki said:

After 7 weeks

MASSIVE.

To be fair according NPD we have overtracked Reach (and undertracked Halo 3). Both sold 3.3 million first month in USA but Reach had one extra week compared to Halo 3.  Hopefully someone leaks october numbers too so we can see did Reach outperfrom Halo 3 during its second month in the market. Of course regardless massive numbers.

KillerMan said:
kowenicki said:

After 7 weeks

MASSIVE.

To be fair according NPD we have overtracked Reach (and undertracked Halo 3). Both sold 3.6 million first month in USA but Reach had one extra week compared to Halo 3.  Hopefully someone leaks october numbers too so we can see did Reach outperfrom Halo 3 during its second month in the market. Of course regardless massive numbers.

Not sure how many weeks Reach had but it was 3.7 after 2, 4.0 after 3, 4.2 after 2 in the America. Add in bundles and Canada and the rest of the Americas and it doesnn't seem overtracked to me at all