By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up ! 30th Oct. 2010

qmoney88 said:
libellule said:

cant wait for kinect / GT5 / BOps effect

Same here, gonna be really interesting to see how kinect affects 360 sales, at first I didnt think the impact would be that significant but after seeing what the move did to the ps3 in europe and the fact that kinect is taking over the world as we speak, we could be seeing some records set who knows.

I doubt the increased sales are du to the move in Europe

I REALLY doubt

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Where is Darth? All 3 of you always jump me when I talk about the PS3 Lol...I don't mind I find it funny! 

Anyway Japan is a very small market compared to America but yes it does matter quite a bit still. It has that advantage in Japan over the 360 for sure...but like I said PS3 only has G.T.5 left once Kinect and Red Wii release it will be different. Even in Others PS3 won't seem so strong even if It stays on top there.

comparing Red Wii to GT5 and Kinect ... and then coming with "PS3 has only GT5 left !"

then what is left for the Wii outside the Red version ?

and what is left for the 360 outside a new controller ?

I m going to say PS3 will not be third but I m going to call your point/evidence/prove ... pure free guess/estimation.

There is a big gorilla coming.

Yup, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Red Wii, Micheal Jackson, Sonic Colors, Golden Eye 007, UDraw, and Epic Mickey. Also G.T.5 is only 1 game while Kinect has many games to go along with it.

Beuli2: finally someone is on my side!

*Sound Of Rain said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Where is Darth? All 3 of you always jump me when I talk about the PS3 Lol...I don't mind I find it funny!

Anyway Japan is a very small market compared to America but yes it does matter quite a bit still. It has that advantage in Japan over the 360 for sure...but like I said PS3 only has G.T.5 left once Kinect and Red Wii release it will be different. Even in Others PS3 won't seem so strong even if It stays on top there.

I think you're overestimating what the Red Wii may do and underestimating GT5's impact.

G.T.5 will have a huge impact in Others but in America and Japan? Going by past sales Donkey Kong Country Returns will be bigger than G.T.5 in Japan. With America PS3 is already being in last without Kinect, Red Wii, or other big Wii games yet to release. 

this is emeaa not world wide sales. i dont expect the ps3 to be 1st this holiday. it could be 2nd or a close 3rd. all 3 consoles could be close, or one could be 1st by a lot, and the others will just stroll by. the following weeks will tell.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

wii party and just dance 2 are doing great, both are increasing from last week. this will be a huge xmas for ninty!

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

libellule said:
qmoney88 said:
libellule said:

Same here, gonna be really interesting to see how kinect affects 360 sales, at first I didnt think the impact would be that significant but after seeing what the move did to the ps3 in europe and the fact that kinect is taking over the world as we speak, we could be seeing some records set who knows.

I REALLY doubt

I thought so too, although maybe I missed it but I havent read any other explanation other than its just selling more to sell more lol

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

comparing Red Wii to GT5 and Kinect ... and then coming with "PS3 has only GT5 left !"

I m going to say PS3 will not be third but I m going to call your point/evidence/prove ... pure free guess/estimation.

Yup, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Red Wii, Micheal Jackson, Sonic Colors, Golden Eye 007, UDraw, and Epic Mickey. Also G.T.5 is only 1 game while Kinect has many games to go along with it.

about kinect : 15 shitty games are still 15 shitty games

hopefuly, MS have the fitness game and dance central to save their ass

Time to Work !

CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

I think you're overestimating what the Red Wii may do and underestimating GT5's impact.

G.T.5 will have a huge impact in Others but in America and Japan? Going by past sales Donkey Kong Country Returns will be bigger than G.T.5 in Japan. With America PS3 is already being in last without Kinect, Red Wii, or other big Wii games yet to release. 

Japan has a bundle, so there will be a boost alone there. Nevermind EMEAA or America. The point remains.

We will see then now won't we.

qmoney88 said:
libellule said:
qmoney88 said:
libellule said:

I REALLY doubt

I thought so too, although maybe I missed it but I havent read any other explanation other than its just selling more to sell more lol

I dont know too

I know there were adjustement in the site recently so it is hard to know where/when the PS3 sales "boomed"

so I dont know.

Perhaps, it is du to the move

Time to Work !

*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

your arguements are really flawed. your saying that kinect the device will boost sales, and that every single game it has will also boost additional sales, oh ya tons of fans of dance central and kinect adventures have been waiting for a sequal. kinect as a whole is going to give it a boost, having many games going along with it isnt going to change anything. red wii should boost sales, but your really overestimating what its going to do. as for sonic colors and golden eye moving units, thats not going to happen, udraw could boost sales but the effect would be minimal. dk will sell move consoles, but since kirby didnt move much i dont expect it to be huge. as many people have pointed out that the wii gets bigger holiday boosts then the other consoles, that will help it a lot. other then that kinect can take sales from the wii, or the wii could take from it.... all consoles have system sellers this holiday, their isnt a clear advantage(accept for kinect in the us), and i dont think that number 1 this holiday will be number 1 in all regions.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

about kinect : 15 shitty games are still 15 shitty games

hopefuly, MS have the fitness game and dance central to save their ass

Have you learned nothing this Gen? Wii deserves the sales it has because of its amazing games but some games sell and are nothing but crap and Kinect will do the same...though I don't think Kinect is crap.