By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up ! 30th Oct. 2010

zgamer5 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Where is Darth? All 3 of you always jump me when I talk about the PS3 Lol...I don't mind I find it funny!

Anyway Japan is a very small market compared to America but yes it does matter quite a bit still. It has that advantage in Japan over the 360 for sure...but like I said PS3 only has G.T.5 left once Kinect and Red Wii release it will be different. Even in Others PS3 won't seem so strong even if It stays on top there.

comparing Red Wii to GT5 and Kinect ... and then coming with "PS3 has only GT5 left !"

then what is left for the Wii outside the Red version ?

and what is left for the 360 outside a new controller ?

I m going to say PS3 will not be third but I m going to call your point/evidence/prove ... pure free guess/estimation.

There is a big gorilla coming.

Yup, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Red Wii, Micheal Jackson, Sonic Colors, Golden Eye 007, UDraw, and Epic Mickey. Also G.T.5 is only 1 game while Kinect has many games to go along with it.

Beuli2: finally someone is on my side!

your arguements are really flawed. your saying that kinect the device will boost sales, and that every single game it has will also boost additional sales, oh ya tons of fans of dance central and kinect adventures have been waiting for a sequal. kinect as a whole is going to give it a boost, having many games going along with it isnt going to change anything. red wii should boost sales, but your really overestimating what its going to do. as for sonic colors and golden eye moving units, thats not going to happen, udraw could boost sales but the effect would be minimal. dk will sell move consoles, but since kirby didnt move much i dont expect it to be huge. as many people have pointed out that the wii gets bigger holiday boosts then the other consoles, that will help it a lot. other then that kinect can take sales from the wii, or the wii could take from it.... all consoles have system sellers this holiday, their isnt a clear advantage(accept for kinect in the us), and i dont think that number 1 this holiday will be number 1 in all regions.

I predicted the Holiday 2010 sales to be:

#3__PS3)4.7 Million

#2__360)5.3 Million

#1__Wii)7.8 Million

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Where is Darth? All 3 of you always jump me when I talk about the PS3 Lol...I don't mind I find it funny! 

Anyway Japan is a very small market compared to America but yes it does matter quite a bit still. It has that advantage in Japan over the 360 for sure...but like I said PS3 only has G.T.5 left once Kinect and Red Wii release it will be different. Even in Others PS3 won't seem so strong even if It stays on top there.

comparing Red Wii to GT5 and Kinect ... and then coming with "PS3 has only GT5 left !"

I m going to say PS3 will not be third but I m going to call your point/evidence/prove ... pure free guess/estimation.

Yup, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Red Wii, Micheal Jackson, Sonic Colors, Golden Eye 007, UDraw, and Epic Mickey. Also G.T.5 is only 1 game while Kinect has many games to go along with it.

about kinect : 15 shitty games are still 15 shitty games

hopefuly, MS have the fitness game and dance central to save their ass

Have you learned nothing this Gen? Wii deserves the sales it has because of its amazing games but some games sell and are nothing but crap and Kinect will do the same...though I don't think Kinect is crap.

Then all three consoles deserve sales. They all have amazing games.

Yup all 3 deserve to sell well for different reasons and thats why PS3 will sell very well during 2011 but Holiday 2010 won't be good.

*Sound Of Rain said:
zgamer5 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

your arguements are really flawed. your saying that kinect the device will boost sales, and that every single game it has will also boost additional sales, oh ya tons of fans of dance central and kinect adventures have been waiting for a sequal. kinect as a whole is going to give it a boost, having many games going along with it isnt going to change anything. red wii should boost sales, but your really overestimating what its going to do. as for sonic colors and golden eye moving units, thats not going to happen, udraw could boost sales but the effect would be minimal. dk will sell move consoles, but since kirby didnt move much i dont expect it to be huge. as many people have pointed out that the wii gets bigger holiday boosts then the other consoles, that will help it a lot. other then that kinect can take sales from the wii, or the wii could take from it.... all consoles have system sellers this holiday, their isnt a clear advantage(accept for kinect in the us), and i dont think that number 1 this holiday will be number 1 in all regions.

#3__PS3)4.7 Million

#2__360)5.3 Million

#1__Wii)7.8 Million

do you know that the holiday sales already began?

your wii estimate is high compared to the other consoles.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Wow, I didn't know you had a Kinect and all the games available for it. That's how you're able to give your opinion on these games right. You did, of course, play all of them before you passed judgement, right? I mean nobody would be foolish enough to call something "shitty" without having at least played it, right? right?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

If the other consoles keep increasing at that rate the PS3 will be in third in a few weeks. Fuck, Sony! This is why you needed GT5 NOW. I don't care if you would've had to pry it from Yamauchi's cold dead hands! What a mess.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
zgamer5 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

#3__PS3)4.7 Million

#2__360)5.3 Million

#1__Wii)7.8 Million

Holy crap! You're delusional.

Wow Wii got a very great boost and the DS... unstoppable after 6 years on the market!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
zgamer5 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

#3__PS3)4.7 Million

#2__360)5.3 Million

#1__Wii)7.8 Million

Holy crap! You're delusional.

ROFL!!!!!

Thats the word that slept my mind when I saw that post.

*Sound Of Rain said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Beuli2 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Have you learned nothing this Gen? Wii deserves the sales it has because of its amazing games but some games sell and are nothing but crap and Kinect will do the same...though I don't think Kinect is crap.

oh, you do not seem to have understand this gen

Wii sell because of :

Smash Bros
Mario Kart
Wii party
Wii sports (resort)
Wiifit

those are not shitty games at all.

At the opposite, outside Dance Central (perhaps), the kinect lineup is shitty (like the move one)

The whole kinect buzz is du to the "minority report effect", the "voice recognition" and perhaps Dance Central.

Time to Work !

smbu2000 said:
libellule said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Wow, I didn't know you had a Kinect and all the games available for it. That's how you're able to give your opinion on these games right. You did, of course, play all of them before you passed judgement, right? I mean nobody would be foolish enough to call something "shitty" without having at least played it, right? right?

my french non biased (compared to the big american one : lets put a 10/10 to everygames) website have already previewed the whole kinect lineup something like 10 times
and it is weak.

Shitty is perhaps a bit too strong

(looking Kinect adventure score : 4/10 .... no, in deed, shitty was the correct word ;)

Time to Work !