By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Owners, Did You Buy Move?

PS3 Owners, Did You Buy Move?

Yes, I bought 1 57 14.18%

Yes, I bought 1 and a Nav Controller 21 5.22%

Yes, I bought 2 or more 52 12.94%

Yes, I bought 2 or more and Nav Controller(s) 51 12.69%

No, but maybe later 132 32.84%

No, and I don't plan to 89 22.14%

Total:402
loves2splooge said:
superchunk said:
loves2splooge said:

I'm surprised that almost 50% polled bought one even though the stats show that the attach rate for the Move is still firmly in the single digits percent wise.

You are on a core gaming sight where there are many who will buy anything game related. Even though these same individuals blasted motion for the last few years until Sony made the nearly identical product, just HD. Because that makes it soooo different.

This is precisely why I don't get why the Move attach rate here is like 40 % with PS3 owners. The self-proclaimed hardcore gamers bitch about motion control more than anyone.

Personally I think motion control is great when done right (I own a Wii after all. Though admittedly, a lot of the games I've played don't use motion control. And I play NBA Jam with the classic controller because I hate using the motion control setup for shooting and dunking. But on the flip side, I prefer No More Heroes 2 with motion controls over a gamepad. It depends on the game). Though there are times where the motion control in Wii games can be very frustrating but it's not a pure black/white "motion control is the best ev4r" or "motion control sucks" thing for me. But for HD gamers to go from "motion control sucks" to buying Move at a 40% attach rate? Either that 40% has changed their tune about the Wii or gamers are all like "BUT ITS IN HD!!!! ZOMG."

I dislike motion control the way the wii made it first (before Motion ). Not precise mimicking. Jumping around swinging the wand in your hand being as efficient as sitting and making little moves. And, biggest problem: the cheesy Nintendo games that I can't stand.

Now give me heavy rain and killzone 3 with the Move, I might be interested. Simple as that.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network

No and I don't think I ever will. No good games coming out for it.

Yea I'm also waiting for a great bundle or something that will make me really want to bouy it. (Maybe KZ3)

I bought the Starter pack this past Saturday. Ill probably get another Move Controller in a couple weeks.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

I bought the starter pack since I didn't have a PS eye. I have played Wii on a friends house and was excited at first, but then i got really bored of it. So I was really hesitating in buying Move. After I saw some videos and was recommended by a friend I gave it a try.
From the demos i liked sports champions, start the party and tumble. So i also got sports champions! For me Move is better than Wii and more precise, also i liked its technology more.

It was a great buy and i cant wait for some new games for the move. I'm thinking about Time crisis razing storm and to try it with Killzone 3.
This weekend i'll try MAG with it.
Of course everything has a downside... My dad plays sports champions 2 hours everyday, and i have to get of my PS3 :P

Around the Network
loves2splooge said:
superchunk said:
loves2splooge said:

I'm surprised that almost 50% polled bought one even though the stats show that the attach rate for the Move is still firmly in the single digits percent wise.

You are on a core gaming sight where there are many who will buy anything game related. Even though these same individuals blasted motion for the last few years until Sony made the nearly identical product, just HD. Because that makes it soooo different.

This is precisely why I don't get why the Move attach rate here is like 40 % with PS3 owners. The self-proclaimed hardcore gamers bitch about motion control more than anyone.

Personally I think motion control is great when done right (I own a Wii after all. Though admittedly, a lot of the games I've played don't use motion control. And I play NBA Jam with the classic controller because I hate using the motion control setup for shooting and dunking. But on the flip side, I prefer No More Heroes 2 with motion controls over a gamepad. It depends on the game). Though there are times where the motion control in Wii games can be very frustrating but it's not a pure black/white "motion control is the best ev4r" or "motion control sucks" thing for me. But for HD gamers to go from "motion control sucks" to buying Move at a 40% attach rate? Either that 40% has changed their tune about the Wii or gamers are all like "BUT ITS IN HD!!!! ZOMG."

I think the real hardcore complaining about Wii, etc. was always a minority.  A lot of the PS3 owners on the site also have Wii (such as myself) so have no issue with Move at all nor the concepts behind it.  I suspect that what you're seeing is the larger, more moderate majority becoming more visible vs the previously louder but smaller minority.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I bought the bundle with Sports Champions (great game BTW) and an extra MOVE controller

Sorcery hasn't come out yet and i still need at games that appeal to me.

IMO, way to expensive for what it has to offer, not to mention it has nothing that interests me right now. When it drops in price and more software is released for it, then I will re-evaluate it. So basically, no, however a future purchase is possible.

loves2splooge said:
superchunk said:
loves2splooge said:

Basically it is because it was the Wii. Now that Sony has copied it and released it, it is all of the sudden ok/great for that crowd.