By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Owners, Did You Buy Move?

PS3 Owners, Did You Buy Move?

Yes, I bought 1 57 14.18%

Yes, I bought 1 and a Nav Controller 21 5.22%

Yes, I bought 2 or more 52 12.94%

Yes, I bought 2 or more and Nav Controller(s) 51 12.69%

No, but maybe later 132 32.84%

No, and I don't plan to 89 22.14%

Total:402

No I didn't since I own a wii and I'm not really into the whole motion gaming thing anymore.

Around the Network
Rpruett said:
Capulous said:
loves2splooge said:
superchunk said:
loves2splooge said:

I'm surprised that almost 50% polled bought one even though the stats show that the attach rate for the Move is still firmly in the single digits percent wise.

You are on a core gaming sight where there are many who will buy anything game related. Even though these same individuals blasted motion for the last few years until Sony made the nearly identical product, just HD. Because that makes it soooo different.

This is precisely why I don't get why the Move attach rate here is like 40 % with PS3 owners. The self-proclaimed hardcore gamers bitch about motion control more than anyone.

Personally I think motion control is great when done right (I own a Wii after all. Though admittedly, a lot of the games I've played don't use motion control. And I play NBA Jam with the classic controller because I hate using the motion control setup for shooting and dunking. But on the flip side, I prefer No More Heroes 2 with motion controls over a gamepad. It depends on the game). Though there are times where the motion control in Wii games can be very frustrating but it's not a pure black/white "motion control is the best ev4r" or "motion control sucks" thing for me. But for HD gamers to go from "motion control sucks" to buying Move at a 40% attach rate? Either that 40% has changed their tune about the Wii or gamers are all like "BUT ITS IN HD!!!! ZOMG."

Basically it is because it was the Wii. Now that Sony has copied it and released it, it is all of the sudden ok/great for that crowd.

Not true at all.  Many PS3 owners I know with multiple consoles have opted for a PS3/Wii as it gives you probably the best combination of exclusives, etc.   I myself am included in this crowd, although I do also own a 360 / Gaming PC.  

You don't sell 75 million consoles when all these big mean HD console owners rip on how lame motion controls are.  Most people ripping on the Wii probably own one themselves.  It's not the concept of motion controllers (The concept is excellent and fueled 75 million Wii's to be sold.)  that people dislike or rip on. 

It's the performance, the function, the software and the softwares assumed target audience that has more 'Hardcore' gamers up in arms and annoyed/upset with the Wii.  To a lot of people (Myself included) the Wii has been very under-whelming in terms of it's performance in games and it's functionality. Whether this means a lack of 1:1, a lack of games supporting motion plus, games that waggling is a viable tactic, etc.

The software that has been good for the Wii has rarely seemed to be good BECAUSE of the Motion Controls (Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, SSB Wii, etc,etc). And the software that is good with motion controls is limited (in my eyes because of the 'type' of games they want to make not because they don't / won't work.)

Also, there has been plenty of debates on what is 'mature' or 'adult' or whatever.   But the fact remains that many people above a certain age would prefer playing a game that feels more geared towards them and this usually means not rescuing some purple onion after being given instructions by this hamster dog thing.  This doesn't mean blood and gore and swear words necessarily either, but just something that has more mental meat to it.   A lot of Wii games in my opinion seem to be shallow on that side.

Make no mistake about it, people of all backgrounds of all levels of ownership are excited about HD-Motion Controls and always have had some level of interest in them.   The implementation has been lacking so far and with Kinect / Move there is a new ray of hope that the implementation (along with graphical fidelity) will improve the entire experience.   Time will tell. 

I believe he was talking about the people that were ripping on motion controllers, and not the people who actually own other systems.  Basically commenting on the fanboys who bashed the Wii and now praise Sony's motion controllers. That is what the comment was regarding, not about all people who own PS3s.

Not planning to, I still very much dislike the motion gaming overall.

Heavy Rain with Move is alright.  It adds a new level of difficulty to the game, but also an element of realism that's not there with the controller.  And I agree, Resident Evil 5 GE is AMAZING with the Move. 

I honestly was going to buy one but then i found out that RE5 Gold edition was the only version to support move. Unlike every other game that gets patched, I would have to rebuy RE5 and that would be $50 $100 for Move so no, i didn't unfortunately because i was looking very forward to it. Plus i have Heavy Rain which fortunately got a free patch.

Around the Network

maybe when i get lbp2 or kz3. right now, the only game i wanted was "the fight" but reviews have changed my mind.