By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony may or may not be over shipping BUT the best buy in okemos mi has atl

evolution_1ne said:
alekth said:

Must be the continuation of this:

OMFG I love you so much right now, been looking for this for like FOREVER!!! thanks :)

hilarious!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
evolution_1ne said:
alekth said:

OMFG I love you so much right now, been looking for this for like FOREVER!!! thanks :)

hilarious!

Sadly I'm sure some Japanese gamers support this for real...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Alright Sony people, let's try and be a little less annoying with replies alright?

So here ya go Reach, I think you're getting crap because people think you're suggesting this as a reason that the latest adjustments could be false, but in reality it seems perfectly in line with the current situation because even after the adjustments the PS3 has the largest differnce between shipped and sold through which matches their pattern of shipping more than the other companies before the holiday season.

According to PostOfficeBuddy the difference between shipped and sold atm are:

"360 - 900k

Wii - 1.3 million

PS3 - 2.1 million

Slightly rounded of course"

Which means that it is definitely plausible for you to see many more PS3's at Bestbuy's around the country and VGC's numbers are still perfectly fine.

Halo_Reach said:

why cant i make a thread about it? there have been the same amount of units there basically un touched for a week, and if u see the start of this thread i defently was attacked by a force! it is simply not cool to do or say anything against sony around here

You were attacked and now you sound very sensitive. Actually, it's really ironic. There was once a thread about 360slim having shortages in Germany, I said that it is available everywhere I checked (I didn't make a thread for it) and you were the first who attacked me...

As I said, this thread was a very weak attempt of making Sony/PS3 look bad, not more.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Halo_Reach said:
FinalEvangelion said:
zgamer5 said:
Halo_Reach said:
ElGranCabeza said:

I wanna go to a BB one day and see some random dude counting how many PS3s or XBox360s there are on the shelves lol

its not hard to count when they are in stacks and the stacks are equal height, simple math will do the trick.  and wow the sony defense force came out real quick to bash me here- i was simply stating that they have a ton at the best buy down the street from my house is all

you shoudnt have made a thread about it.

This.  And using lingo like "Sony Defense Force" isn't going to help too much either.

why cant i make a thread about it? there have been the same amount of units there basically un touched for a week, and if u see the start of this thread i defently was attacked by a force! it is simply not cool to do or say anything against sony around here

ofcourse you can make a thread about it, but its a flamebait thread, and 2nd thing its a silly useless thread, its like if i come and make a thread about non of my 360 owning friends buying reach and hence calling it a flop, my evidence doesnt suggest anything, its useless and its flamebait.

yes you were attacked by a force but some people got banned by saying "sony defense force" because its in a way insulting so its better if you dont use it.

why are you wining like a god damn kid? if i go and make a thread about any console i will get bashed, you have to stick to your arguements and relax, its a forum people dont hug and kiss, they debate and have discussions, in this kid your comment is stupid, so you got bashed, thats life, youl learn from your mistakes.

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:
zgamer5 said:
evolution_1ne said:
alekth said:

hilarious!

Sadly I'm sure some Japanese gamers support this for real...

its also sad how fps games are so overrated. the whole mentality of gamers is sad.

Torillian said:

Alright Sony people, let's try and be a little less annoying with replies alright?

maybe just maybe, everyone is getting tired of these 'insert reason here' indicates Sony may have overshipped threads? Why are you even supporting this crap? It's a useless thread with anectodal evidence that supports NOTHING...

and what's with this 'sony' people? People have a right to question why this type of thread is needed and made without being labelled

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I look at it this way: when the 360 was outselling the ps3 according to vgchartz (preadjustments) and Sony was claiming "we sold this many ps3s," there was a huge arguement in virtually every thread on VGChartz about 'shipped vs sold.'  I think that OP has every right to state how many PS3's he saw on a shelf in a store as anecdotal evidence of at least one store sitting on alot of ps3's.  No where does the OP suggest that this does not count toward Sony's actual shipped figures, nor does OP speculate whether or not these 300 PS3s will sell shortly or not.  

You PS3 fanboys have the hate turned up so fucking high that it is sad.  You come in here and simply throw out insults and smartass replies rather than add anything of substance to the thread.  You are killing these forums with your rheteric and you are insulting folks who are simply making threads that continue on previously talked about topics.  OP has no clear bias that I can see, so why do you assume that he does?  Because your a blind ranting fanboy who can't handle logical discussion, that's why.

Torillian said:

So here ya go Reach, I think you're getting crap because people think you're suggesting this as a reason that the latest adjustments could be false, but in reality it seems perfectly in line with the current situation because even after the adjustments the PS3 has the largest differnce between shipped and sold through which matches their pattern of shipping more than the other companies before the holiday season.

According to PostOfficeBuddy the difference between shipped and sold atm are:

"360 - 900k

Wii - 1.3 million

PS3 - 2.1 million

Slightly rounded of course"

Which means that it is definitely plausible for you to see many more PS3's at Bestbuy's around the country and VGC's numbers are still perfectly fine.

yes that could very well be true, but to have over 300 consoles before the holidays even begins and that was 2 weeks ago, i just went in to buy a few things and noticed the stacks virtually untouched and that was yesterday. the move 320 gb bundles have not sold a one and only a few were missing from the 160 pile. they may have already got what they need for the holidays? i dunno but it is crazy how i get attacked for posting this and i get a 20 day 3 weeks ago for stating that sony was the ones behind npd not publishing numbers, and sony was the only one of the 3 not to release there numbers then they release that they sold 3.5 million in the quarter???? that is over 1 million a month!!! when they havent broken 300k in th us or japan in any month! hell in japan they dont even hit 100k, something is defently not right

Halo_Reach said:

has atleast 300 that i have counted on the store floor

Look, I'll do you a favor and give you the benefit of the doubt that this is a lie. Why? Because I don't believe your that pathetic.

Your welcome.