By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony may or may not be over shipping BUT the best buy in okemos mi has atl

as someone stated that the stacks wouldnt make sense this close to kinect launch, i just went in there and poof the stacks of ps3 in the center aisle are gone, they were there yesterday- i asked an employee where they went she said in the back because they are setting up for kinect and that is where the setup is going, it looked crazy because i go in there 3 times  a month or so and they always have SOMETHING THERE....there is absolutly nothing in the 20 foot gap center aisle exept a few stacks od dj hero 2, kinect dispays being set up later today- so i am truly sorry for not being able to provide pics and i no ridicule will be coming my way and i feel like a ass for promising pictures and not being able to come forward i really wish i would of took them yesterday

Around the Network
Halo_Reach said:

the best buy has atleast 300 that i have counted on the store floor between the sku's available in 3 spots from what i counted, it is crazy how many they have

300 isn't that much, it matters about the location. Also hardware sales this time get much higher, so a higher stock is nessesary. Also, Best Buy doesn't put out all their stock onto the floor, so I know you're lying. 300 my ass. Way to make things up. Than because of one case, even if this was true, which it is not, one case doesn't mean anything. Also big places like Best Buy will carry lots of consoles, especially since the Move release.

I dunno how long you think PS3's and 360's stay on the shelves. A company buys what they want, and when their stock goes under healthy ammounts, than they buy more. Say this Best Buy wants to hold 500 for the Holiday season. So they buy 500, and their stock gets to like 40-50 left, so they order more from Sony. They buy 400-500 more to meet demand and go to their maximum levels for the store. All because you see a store have stock after resupplying their stock means NOTHING. And unlike people don't seem to get, they don't buy more than they can hold. They have a preset ammount of systems for different seasons. It's nearing the Holidays, with Black Friday not that far off and with a release of Move which sells systems. Retailers want people to choose them for this, so they will carry maximum inventory for such an event so people go to them first! Than let the stock die down after the craze.

Do you people not know how businesses work? They are in the business of making money for THEMSELVES.

Umm, ok, now it's getting even more ridiculous. You can't prove it so for most people you're still a liar.

To be honest, I've never called you a liar for saying that they have 300 in stock, it could be true. But you made this thread for a certain reason (and it's pretty clear by looking at your post history), that's why I was a bit upset. Anyway, I'm out of this thread now...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

my local game store has 45 million 360's in stock. they told me that microsoft were lying and that the 360 doesnt sell at all so they agreed to take all of microsoft stock! beeing behind a computer screen and being anonymous, i can confirm this as the truth. lmao.

you know whats been the best thing to come out from sonys numbers? seeing all the main 360 fans having a panic attack.

snfr said:

Umm, ok, now it's getting even more ridiculous. You can't prove it so for most people you're still a liar.

To be honest, I've never called you a liar for saying that they have 300 in stock, it could be true. But you made this thread for a certain reason (and it's pretty clear by looking at your post history), that's why I was a bit upset. Anyway, I'm out of this thread now...

taking a break from this forum for a week or so- nothing will change the minds or thought process of many here because simply this forum is worldwide and people here have set beliefs and fans of certain things and are quick to attack anyone that thinks outside that realm. i pray for some of you

Around the Network

geez, i guess it's a good thing they dont have an expiration date on them, they'll still be good for christmas. :P

Halo_Reach said:

as someone stated that the stacks wouldnt make sense this close to kinect launch, i just went in there and poof the stacks of ps3 in the center aisle are gone, they were there yesterday- i asked an employee where they went she said in the back because they are setting up for kinect and that is where the setup is going, it looked crazy because i go in there 3 times  a month or so and they always have SOMETHING THERE....there is absolutly nothing in the 20 foot gap center aisle exept a few stacks od dj hero 2, kinect dispays being set up later today- so i am truly sorry for not being able to provide pics and i no ridicule will be coming my way and i feel like a ass for promising pictures and not being able to come forward i really wish i would of took them yesterday

Well, the employee must be wrong because best buy doesn't stack that much product in the back of the stores. So that means the only possibilty is... Holy fuck... one store... 2 months before christmas... 300 ps3s in a day? This is amazing!!!!!!!!! The ps3s must be FLYING off the self. It's like a ps3 poltergeist or something. No wonder shipping is so high

Hmm... maybe ps3 can be #1 this holiday after all

BTW, don't leave! You're proving that the ps3 is doing awesome better than anyone else has so far! We need you for future reference when people doubt ps3 sales

Halo_Reach said:
snfr said:

taking a break from this forum for a week or so- nothing will change the minds or thought process of many here because simply this forum is worldwide and people here have set beliefs and fans of certain things and are quick to attack anyone that thinks outside that realm. i pray for some of you

so... the forum being worldwide is a downside?????

Halo_Reach said:
snfr said:

Congrats for making me come back...

Seriously dude, you're not in the position to whine about people with set beliefs, as you have set beliefs yourself. You trolled the PS3 in the past, why should you have suddenly changed?

Anyway, I admit that I have a little Sony bias, but I'm not trolling, I'm not insulting people for no reason or anything else. Furthermore I'm a supporter of all 3 consoles and companies, so... you don't have to pray for me...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Maybe where ever you live the PS3 is just not that popular - we know the sales are coming predominantly from the EU. its reasonable to assume that it dosent enjoy the same popularity in the US or even the UK.